POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 05:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620627
  • Total Topics: 46760
  • Online Today: 205
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 165
Total: 170

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Valentine's day and my 3rd Anniversary..  (Read 819 times)

Offline karry

Valentine's day and my 3rd Anniversary..
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:13:15 PM »
I should hate VALENTINE'S DAY!!.....

Tomorrow will be 3 years since I got my diagnosis....I cant believe it! Its been three years of sadness mingled with happiness; despair mingled with hope....days of tears, days of laughter.....but one thing I know for sure is that the world did not come to an end three years ago...its still here...and I am still here.

I am happy I have met people on these forums and in other places that have helped me these three years  to cope with and manage the transition. I am grateful to have the chance to read your stories, experiences, share with you and learn from most members of the forum.

In a way I am glad I was diagnosed in time, something which has shaped my life these three years. Being faced with my inevitable mortality was a wake-up call....I take nothing for granted...I find myself making healthy choices because I want to live and get joy out of life. I don't take friends for granted anymore...they've been great support to me; and I don't take my family for granted either.

Its not been smooth sailing all along...I have had my storms...emotional abuse; depression; frustrations about my career.....health issues...loneliness...not finding a partner to share my life with etc...and its amazing that during the storms I felt like it all had to do with my being HIV pos :)...(though I know better)

I don't want to have a blue day tomorrow, so ahead of time I have planned a lot of stuff for tomorrow...I'll be out of the house from morning till 10pm when I come home to sleep and get ready for work on Monday....

..and then I will move into year 4 living with HIV....

Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot
Re: Valentine's day and my 3rd Anniversary..
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »

..and then I will move into year 4 living with HIV...

And here's to many, many more.  Sounds like you have a good balance of love for yourself and for life; that's what counts most sometimes.  Have a nice V-day, Karry.  

M.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Joe K

• Global Moderator
  • 30 Years Poz
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:23:51 PM »
Karry,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.  You have come so far in the past few years, so enjoy your anniversary.  Maybe we'll even have some snow, to make the day special.
Life is what happens, when you are busy making other plans.

Though you may be only one person in the entire world, to one person, you may be the entire world.

I wish to become half the man, that my dog thinks I am.

Remember me with simple acts of kindness and I will live forever.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 04:18:51 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day to you.  I feel the way you do about this virus.  I would prefer not to have it, but I think I have become a better person-- or becoming one.  Still, I would rather become that better person being HIV neg. 

I'm glad I found out early, too.  Hopefully, this will give me a much better prognosis.  However, I often wish the knowledge of my diagnosis could have been delayed until now.  Ignorance is often bliss, but can be deadly too.  The big thing about knowing is that I can make sure I don't infect anyone.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well-- taking into consideration your low points.  Here's wishing ya many more anniversaries and good health.

Offline karry

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »
Sounds like you have a good balance of love for yourself and for life; that's what counts most sometimes.  

M.

Yes M. That balance really counts. I learnt from my past relationship that I had to love and accept myself and my life, for others to be able to love me for who I am.

Joe, I was hoping we'd seen the last of the snow in Mtl..but I am looking out my window and seeing a few white flakes falling.

Tednlou2, you and I do feel the same about this...I would still rather be negative...but crying over spilled milk will not bring it back. So I am moving along in acceptance and like you say, making sure I dont infect others.

Thank you all for your kind wishes...

Happy Vday to all of you...
and now, I am off to start my day as I promised!! :)
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.