Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

I know, I know, it's only numbers, but....

<< < (32/33) > >>

aztecan:
Hey Ray,

I think your lipid numbers are looking great.

I could only wish for such numbers.

HUGS,

Mark

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: aztecan on November 24, 2012, 07:11:24 PM ---Hey Ray,

I think your lipid numbers are looking great.

I could only wish for such numbers.

HUGS,

Mark

--- End quote ---

Hi Mark,..

If I can just lower the triglycerides.  I know the weight is the biggest issue for me, and I definitely need a better exercise routine. If I can just drop 10 - 15 pounds, I am sure I can get the numbers in check. Might even be able to drop the simvastatin. I am just so beat and tired after working all night, I have no time for it.  :P    Ed and I do our mile power walks though, so at least it's something !

Ray

J.R.E.:

So,.... yesterday ( Thursday morning) I went down to the VA, and had a full body check done by the dermatologist.

I had 3 areas frozen off, and had a small slice taken out of my nose to be biopsied.

She says it looks very much like Basal Cell. ( that didn't surprise me)  It was very small, so I should get those results back in a week or two. Depending on results, She said an appointment may be made with the cosmetic surgeon. A routine  follow up has been scheduled for 5/29/13.

On my follow up with my primary care doctor earlier in the week, she was pleased with the lipid panel, and not too concerned, about the total chol, being 206.

I had mentioned that the tinnitus seemed to be getting more noticeable, so an audiology exam, has been scheduled for 1/14/13 .

And,...  the doctor was able to move the HIV labs back up to the clinic, instead of driving 23 miles south, to the main hospital. The VA often makes that mistake, and I have to follow through to make sure to get the labs moved. Those labs are scheduled for 12/24/12.

My primary care doctor says she needs to have the HIV doctor coordinate a little better, and have her labs, and the HIV labs drawn at the same time. So, we'll see how that goes in the future.

So other than a few appointments being scheduled, all is going pretty well.

Ray

aztecan:
Hey Ray,

Sounds like you have it all in hand. I am now doing monthly body checks at home, as ordered by the doctor.

I will see her annually, unless I notice something out of the ordinary.

I am still envious of your lipids.  ;)

HUGS,

Mark

AlanBama:
I'm glad you are doing well Ray!  Seems that you get very good care with the V.A.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version