POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631757
  • Total Topics: 47828
  • Online Today: 266
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: No fat chicks  (Read 902 times)

Online GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
No fat chicks
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
Dating site for beautiful people expels 'fatties' after holiday weight gain

CNN) -- A dating site that markets itself as an elite community for beautiful people with a "strict ban on ugly people" has axed about 5,000 members for packing on the pounds during the holiday season.

The international site BeautifulPeople.com threw out members after they posted photos "revealing that they have let themselves go," according to a company statement.

"As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld," said Robert Hintze, founder of BeautifulPeople.com. "Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/personal/01/04/dating.site.overweight/index.html

I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything on the Internet but this is just laughable. Even the name of the site sounds cheesy. How vain must one be to sign up for BeautifulPeople.com? And then to be sent an email saying you are no longer beautiful!  I see distraught women around the world bursting into tears and sticking their finger down their throat.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:59:41 AM by GSOgymrat »

Offline skeebo1969

Re: No fat chicks
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 08:50:56 AM »
  I see distraught women around the world bursting into tears and sticking their finger down their throat.

Perhaps even worse stuff than that Ford!!  Stuff like suicide even.. and I'm not joking! ;)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Online mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: No fat chicks
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:55:56 AM »
What, they had to post revealing shots of themselves on Jan 1 or 2 - to show if they had pigged out or not?
I don't believe a word of this, it sounds like promo for a delusional web business.

“I’d never join a club that would have me as a member…” -G. Marx
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.