Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Working while on SSD?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Moffie65:
My God!  Fran and Trish in one thread, I think I'm going to faint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :)

Snowangel:
Fran-
I have found that volunteering helps to get me out of the house and my mind off of my own situation, obviously you don't get paid but it can be rewarding.  I found an org. around here that helps housebound elderly.  If you like kids, your local school is probably looking for volunteers to read to the kids or something like that.
Good luck!
Snow

Florida69:
Fran, I can not help with your dilema, as we both know I work like a dog.  I will say that Trish had a great idea, you should look into something that is part time that would give you a reward back.  I believe that you can do anything, but we both know I am biased.   XOXOX... D

BigK:
I was told by my caseworker not even to try to apply, that it was a waste of time. Is there something I dont know?

leatherman:

--- Quote from: BigK on December 21, 2009, 10:24:51 PM ---I was told by my caseworker not even to try to apply, that it was a waste of time. Is there something I dont know?

--- End quote ---
in the early days of the HIV epidemic even the meds had terrible side-effects. It was easier to get disability then because if AIDS didn't kill you, the meds just might.  ;) Someone recently going onto today's meds should have few problems with continuing to work, supporting themselves, and receiving treatment through their insurance plans.

this thread demonstrates that better treatment regimens have even improved some people's lives enough, that though they had gone onto disability in the past, they now feel good enough to consider returning to the work force ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version