POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 02:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 649847
  • Total Topics: 49598
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 123
Total: 125

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Extremely concerned like everyone else  (Read 2658 times)

Offline scared_guy101

Extremely concerned like everyone else
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »
First exposure September 15, 2009
I am male, had unprotected vaginal sex and performed unprotectred oral sex on a female. this is my fault. she assured me if i didnt have anything she didnt have anything that i could take the condom off. i believed her and took it off. note: she had a zip lock bag of condoms under her night stand  and said i know i have a lot of condoms but dont think i do this often. but i didnt hear much from her after that.
as of today i have been i close contact with her about her hiv status. she said she test neg before we had sex and she also brought me a copy of her last hiv test that was done on 11-19-09 that said it was neg. she is pissed at me that i call her everyday for reassurance
Next possible exposure on september 23, 2009
Meet a woman at the bar and slept at her house. we messed around but i didnt have a condom. i did perform unprotected oral sex or her. i also rubbed my penis ontop of her vagina and may have inserted a small part of my penis inside but backed out bc i didnt want to risk it. i have contacted this woman recently also to make sure of her hiv status. she has assured me also she was tested 2 years ago and it was negative, and she has not been in any risky behavior since. she also agreed we shouldnt have sex with out a condom.
Ok, on december 2nd 2009 i noticed that the side of my tongie was dry and tingly. i looked in the mirror and noticed that the side of my tongue had a white rigidy streak on the side. i freaked out and headed to the internet to find pics of ohl that look exactly what my tongue looks like. i went to a doc and told him what i did, he looked at my tongue and he said he wasnt worried, that it looked chafe and aggrevagted, but gave antibitics. by sunday i didnt see any improvement so i went to my family doc and told him about the ohl and all. he said he doesnt see that very often that i would have to see a dermatolgist. however i did give blood to test for hiv. the blood for test was taken on dec 7, 2009. on dec 9, 2009 the test results came back negative for hiv.
my test was done (83 days), 11 weeks 6 days after first exposure and 10 weeks 4 days after 2nd exposure. i am so worried bc it looks like the other side of my tongue is breaking out. can someone shed some light? thanks and sorry so long. mouth symptoms is only thing i noticed

Offline RapidRod

Re: Extremely concerned like everyone else
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:50:25 AM »
HIV is not a concern. You have a conclusive negative test. As for your other questions see your doctor if you are concerned

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:58:42 AM »
You have reliably tested negative for HIV. Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV and if they continue to trouble you, discuss them with your doctor.

As long as you consistently and without exceptions use a condom everytime you have vaginal or anal intercourse you will be well protected from the sexual transmission of HIV. It's just as simple as that.
Andy Velez

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
Thank you so much for the response. I am just extremely worried that it was a false negative. I am still as worried after the results as i was before. You hear so much about false negatives. I am 26 and have never used drugs, just an fyi

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »
Andy anything on the false negative test? Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
The problem with testing is more often a false positive than a false negative. As long as a test is done at the proper time after a genuine risk then the likelihood of a false negative is essentially nil.

If there has been a real risk then testing at 13 weeks is when you get a conclusive negative result.

And you have reliably tested negative. Get on with your life. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 02:42:29 PM »
Last one then im outta here. promise. i have read on here about cuts and stuff and thats the reason i did not mention it bc i think im going to get blasted for this, but i would like to clear it all.
i was having protected sex with the second of the 2 women on oct 1, 2009. after awhile i noticed a burning sensation on the bottom of my penis where it meets the body. i had thought the condom had broke so i stopped to check it. it was fine so i continued for a couple more minutes. when i stopped i went to the bathroom to see if i somehow got  cut or something and then i noticed blood at the bottom of my penis where i felt the sensation. i thought i had cut myself, but i noticed the condom was full of blood. it was hers. there was a small light red area that was burning, about the size of a pencile earser. i guess it was a "brush burn" or something from her hairs possibly from my penis going in and out. this area was unprotected. is it possible that i could have got infected that way? this was a week later.

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »
sorry, failed to mention she performed oral sex on me after i cleaned myself off

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »
Those latest bits you've thrown in were not a risk for transmission. It's through your peehole or under your foreskin if you are not circumcised that there is a risk for HIV entering your body.

Getting oral is absolutely no risk whatsoever.

Andy Velez

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »
I have been under a lot of stress since july 09, my wife had left me. this was devistating. i couldnt eat sleep, nothing. i lost 25 lbs in 2 months. she came back october 1st, 09, but i was still stressed that she would leave again, but i started gaining weight. since i started examining my mouth about 2 weeks ago, before this white rigid streak on the side of my tongue, ive lost almost 15 lbs. this thing on my tongue matches exactly of pictures ive seen of ohl. has anyone seen ohl appear after only 10 or so weeks after possible exposure? i have to admit i am on the internet constantly looking for answers and ohl is the only match and i feels like a coincednce this happened weeks after having unprotected sex with a female. i am on the brink of driving my wife out the door again, and possibly passing hiv  off to her and the 2 woman i had sex with. could my extreme stress have delayed the seroconversion? please respond. if bashing is a result i will respect it. thank you! last night i started with a sore throat and dirareah 5 times since yesterday. i feel sick and weak!! again, thanks!

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 12:32:42 PM »
I also feel like im being lied to from the girl i had sex with. she bought me a paper she had picked up from the VA of test results she had taken. she sratched out 2 test above and below the hiv results bc she said that the were the wrong test. i also didnt see her name on the test results. she also said the blood test revealed she had cancer and was pregnant. this really sounds fishy. idk, im know im freakin out, im about to check myself in to a mental institution!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »
I just wanted a little clarification esp after reading threads like this. this is scarey.
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=29165.0

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
You do need to stop surfing the net and scouring threads to feed your fears.

Whether you are willing to accept it or not you did not have a risk for HIV transmission. You can always test if you want to just for your own peace of mind, although it's a waste of resources to do that for the inevitable negative result.

I can tell you that you are very quickly heading towards a Time Out for 28 days for coming here repeatedly about a non-risk incident. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »
Andy, I did have a possible exposure. Read the second line of my first original post.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »
You stated, "test results came back negative for hiv."

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »
OK, got that mixed up but what I didn't get mixed up  is that you have absolutely reliably tested negative.

So HIV is not your problem other than you keep hanging on to an unjustified fear. Cut it out and get on with youir life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline scared_guy101

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »
I don't understand. I know I tested negative what can someone explAin to me what is being said here? This is probably going to get me timeout but its worth a shot.
http://rxusmle.com/forums/USMLE-Step-3/Acute_Retroviral_Syndrome_Known_Primary_Infection_Commonly_Characterized_Grade_Fever_/7/487169

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 05:57:01 PM »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »
An HIV test can get a negative result if it is done too soon after a risky incident. That is why we recommend to get tested at 13 weeks for a conclusively negative result.

And yes, now you have a 28 day Time Out. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name. We'll pick up on that right off and it will get you banned right away.

Get on with your life. You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.