HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Question regarding lymph nodes

<< < (2/5) > >>

ScienceGuy25:

--- Quote from: freaked123 on August 18, 2006, 11:52:35 PM ---Thanks for your prompt replies.  So there is zero possibility of me recieving an HIV infection?  Even if by chance I swallowed some liquids that came from her breast or touched my mouth or eyes with the same hand that was in her vagina a couple hours earlier?

--- End quote ---

Zero chance - time for you to move on.  First of all if you swallowed some liquid (which we're quite sure didn't exist) your saliva and stomach acids would have killed anything that was in the non-existent fluid. Secondly HIV does not exist outside the body on the surface of your palm or fingers, therefore you can lick, sniff, suck your wandering hands all you want without any fear of HIV infection.

As I started out the post - its time for you to educate your self about the real ways HIV is spread (ie vaginal/anal intercourse) and move on from these no risk scenarios.

freaked123:
Isn't HIV spread through breastmilk though?  I was researching and read that breastmilk contains high concentration of the virus.

Also, this event took place on the 14th and today I was experiencing a headache and just a second ago looked at my tongue in the mirror and it looks like it could be thrush.

Matty the Damned:
Freaked,

If the woman in question has never had a child it follows that she wouldn't have been lactating (producing milk) when she favoured you with her attentions.  You don't have anything to worry about. Please read our Welcome Thread to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

ScienceGuy25:

--- Quote from: freaked123 on August 19, 2006, 02:37:31 AM ---Isn't HIV spread through breastmilk though?  I was researching and read that breastmilk contains high concentration of the virus.

Also, this event took place on the 14th and today I was experiencing a headache and just a second ago looked at my tongue in the mirror and it looks like it could be thrush.

--- End quote ---

Yes it is true that the virus is found in breast milk.  However let's start with the facts in your case.  It is very unlikely that this woman was lactating, unless she recently had a child. Second - unless you consumed a whole meal full of breast milk while suckling this woman's breast - you have absolutely nothing too worry about.  Third you don't even know this woman's status - she could be HIV-, which would again make your no risk situation, no risk.

Ann:
freaked,

Just to add on to Science Guy's comments, breast milk does NOT contain "high concentrations" of hiv.

In areas of the world where clean water is not always available for mixing infant formula, hiv positive mothers are told to breastfeed their babies because when water (that might be fit for adults but still contains bacteria) is used to make formula, the baby is much more likely to die from severe diarrhea than to be infected with hiv through the mother's milk.

Ingesting milk from an hiv positive mother is NOT a guarantee of infection - and that's for a baby who consumes nothing but mother's milk. A few drops ingested by a grown man is nothing to worry about.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version