POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 02:57:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 24070
  • Latest: sami
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647631
  • Total Topics: 49355
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: very worry new situation Rubbing  (Read 3439 times)

Offline sinsopty

very worry new situation Rubbing
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »
Dear Andy or Ann
I was involved in a protected incertive and receptive oral sex. Yes with Condoms. My fear is that i never saw the condom brand and date of expiration when i was performing. The intercourse only was oral sex without ejeculation for 2 minutes more less and with a unknown condom brand and quiality. I never feel the condom was broken or taste any precum during the oral sex. I went to a infectology doctor and he recommend me to take a PCR Cualitative. My biggest fear its that i read about this kind of test and its carry a lots of false positive. In the worst escenario with a old condom without ejaculation, my question its, what its my real risk?
What would be your advice?
Now i have a 4th generation with p24 elisa at 4 weeks and 3th generation elisa 5 weeks both negative. It is encouriging? 
Whats muy risk in oral sex?

Offline RapidRod

Re: receptive oral sex with unknown condom status.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:12:55 PM »
You were given the correct advice in another forum. You DID NOT have a risk of contracting HIV.

Offline sinsopty

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »
Thanks rapidrod.
my fears its that yesterday a read in other forum that some guy has a 65 days elisa negative and then a 3 months mark elisa reactive.
Hi is waiting for a western Blot.
His only activity was receptive oral sex with ejeculation.
Do you think my 4th generation with p24 elisa at 4 weeks and 3th generation elisa 5 weeks both negative. It is encouriging? are conclusive?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »
Yeah and an Alien stopped by and asked if I wanted to go for a ride. Don't believe everything you read.

Offline sinsopty

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 09:15:57 AM »
My anxiety its that i never saw when my parner open the condom, so my irracional fear its what happend if the condom was old or used hours ago.
Y only see when he put it on, just was les than 2 minutes receptive oral sex without ejaculation.
If the condom was used hours ago any risk was minimize because any fluid were expoused to the air?

Y just want andy or ann answer me this.
My heart Know that the risk is so minimal that its almost nonexist but anyway its a risk right?
or really its unprotected oral sex carry a no risk?
My mouth healt its very good.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:22:28 AM »
You are worrying needlessly. Really.

In the entire history of the epidemic no guy has ever been confirmed to have become infected through getting a blowjob. Not one. And although from time to time we hear of someone insisting they became infected through giving oral, those reports never seem to hold up under careful scrutiny. Is it possible? Yes, theoretically. But for instance longterm studies of sero-discordant partners, (both gay and straight) , who had only protected intercourse and lots of mutal unprotected oral have resulted in not a single sero-negative partner having become infected.

And your saliva has over a natural elements and proteins which are very effective in preventing the transmission of viable HIV.

You're making a lot of unnecessary drama over the condoms and the whole thing. Testing negative is a slam dunk for you. You can continue to use condoms for oral if you want to. As far as I am concerned that is more about your comfort zone than a real need, but I can respect someone making that choice. 
Andy Velez

Offline sinsopty

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 09:31:59 AM »
Andy
you dont imagine how much i apreciate your answer.
Last question,  if the condom was used imagine 1 o 2 hours ago before my intercourse, any fluid outside the condom ( The part i sucked) will be dried and then any fluid expoused to air lose the capacity of infection right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
sin,

If the condom was used earlier it would not make a difference as hiv does not remain viable and able to infect when outside the body. But seriously, have you ever tried to put on a previously used condom? It's not easy. I really rather doubt this happened.

As Andy has told you, you are worrying needlessly.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sinsopty

saliva on my penis head
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
Dear ann and Andy
Well as you already Know :(  i am a VIH Phobia man.
So im taking advance of this post to ask you something that i already know the answer but always its better hearing from a expert like you.
I always try to practice 200% safe sex but about my phobia my fears always reach me.
Last tuesday i visited a transsexual scort.
She took saliva from her mouth and put it on my penis head and rub it with her hand palm to start mastubration. (only 30 seconds).
Then she put me the condom and perform me oral sex until i ejacutaled.( Inside the condom).
Thats was everything no more sex no more contact.
Of course now a im litle worry thinking what if the saliva get inside mi urethra.
What would be your advice to me.
Do i need test? Do i have any risk of catch other STD?
i Promise that i still will donate for your and our cause.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »
I've merged your threads. You need to follow the rule of the site which is that you keep all of your entries in the same thread.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. Whether with our without saliva on your penis head, HIV is not transmitted in that manner. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. If you had read our lesson on Transmission you would know that. (There is a link to that lesson in the welcome thread which opens this section).

We are not here to hold your hand everytime you have sex and get a panic attack. You need to apply the information to other situations as they may come up. Otherwise if you continue to show up with these non-risk events you are very quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

There is no need for concern nor for testing for HIV over this latest incident.
Andy Velez

Offline sinsopty

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 01:12:02 AM »
Andy thanks for your answer.
Sorry now im really depresed because a got clamidya from this last intercourse.
Could you beleive it.
How its that posible get clamidia from just get saliva on my penis in a masturbation intercourse.
Now im friking out about a posibility of HIV.
Everybody told me that get any STD incluiding HIV was nonexist situation and now i have clamidia IGM IGG test Positive.
Whats are my odds on HIV just for this incident.
Please be 100% honest with me.
Do i have to worry, do i need test

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 02:44:19 AM »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 08:13:34 AM »
sin,

Chlamydia is much more easily transmitted than hiv and chlamydia, unlike hiv, can be transmitted from infected saliva. Yes, it's possible to have chlamydia in your mouth/throat.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sinsopty

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »
Andy , ANN and Rapid Rod who is always litle rude but always helping.
Today i have my 13 week elisa test from my intercuorse oral receptive with Unkown condom status.
NEGATIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Y Know you people always said thar oral sex carry a tiny risk or no risk but its difficult to believe it when you are living hell waiting for the results.

I also Know that receptive partner is in more risk that insertive partner. Thats a fact!!!!

Ok y just want you swear to me that you never heard or saw an hiv infection from insertive partner o more exactly by my last intercourse when the tranny just take saliva from her mouth 2 times and put in mi penis head and then performed oral sex with condom on mi penis.
I know this is considered masturbation and masturbation theorical is no risk.
But just because i just got clamidia from this intercourse i want to Know if you people think i need to take a test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
Sin,

I've never heard of anyone becoming infected through getting a blowjob. Not one.

I already told you that you haven't had a risk and you do not need to test over this latest worry. Keep posting about it and you'll get that time out you've been warned about.

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sinsopty

very worry new situation Rubbing
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 12:43:32 AM »
Andy I am going to need psychological help because i like to live to the edge of the danger and that unquestionably must be treat it , because I am putting always my life in risk and that conduct is not good.

Do You Remember the girl of the club that I told you, This time I took her out of the club and we went to my hotel (this was 29 of December). She show me her a HIV test that she had took on 28 of November. (NEGATIVE).

She perform oral sex without preservative ( Suck my Penis), Then, I put a condon and we had the first vaginal sex relation.
Then she returned to me and practice oral sex ( Suck my penis) and frotage (She rub her vagina against my penis). Warning, never was direct penetration without condom, only rubbing or frotage.

We continue playing and I put the other condom and we proceed to the second vaginal sex relation.
There is my history doctor, now I feel a lot of anxiety, I know that insertive oral sex does not carry a high risk and that frotage neither.

I contact the girl and ask her to repeated the HIV test on 3 of January and also was negative. I have a hard copy of the last test (5 days after our encounter).
But I have a horrible anxiety,
In summary:
*She has 2 negative HIV Test (28 of November and the 3 of January)
* I was with her on 29 of December (Blowjob without condon, frotage and vaginal sex with protection)

Do you think that im over reacting? Please your recommendation

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
Re: very worry new situation Rubbing
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 12:47:34 AM »
You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 07:55:11 AM »
Sin,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

YES, you ARE overreacting. Nothing you list was a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sinsopty

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
Ann
Thank you for you message and for merge my thread.
Belive me, never was my intention to no folow the rule of this forums.

My axiety its about rubbing and de posible windows period of the escort.
te rubbin was intense, never direct penetration but yes intense rubbing.
I don want to play the "What if game" but i want to know the real risk of rubbing if the vaginal fluids was in contact with my uretra.

do you recommed a hiv test?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Sin,

You do not need to test over frottage. And yes, I understand that it was intense. NO RISK.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Frottage takes place OUTSIDE the body. If there was no unprotected penetration, there was no risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.