POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 10:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639350
  • Total Topics: 48532
  • Online Today: 223
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Switching from Atripla to Intelence.  (Read 1605 times)

Offline MYSTERY

Switching from Atripla to Intelence.
« on: December 01, 2009, 07:01:47 PM »
To start off Happy World Aids day to everyone,

I have been On Atripla for just under 5 years and have had some sleep issues and anxiety with this drug. I switched taking it from the PM to the Am and found that I still suffered from anxiety. I think anxiety has played a role in my life, but the Sustiva probably didn't help much. After taking it it the AM I found that my anxiety level increased and my concentration diminished. I struggled with this decision to make a switch because the Atripla was my first medication and has worked well with my viral load and CD4 count.

Well today I was in for my 4 month check up and I decided to make the big change. After speaking to my doctor he told me that all medications are open to me because I have no resistance to any at this time. I felt that Intelence/Truvada would be a good combination. I hope this takes care of my anxiety and busy mind when I try to sleep. Like I mentioned after I took the Atripla in the AM my consentration suffered because of it and that sucked.

I will be taking 4 Intelence pills and 1 Truvada per day at 11 am. My doctor told me that he has many patients taking this once per day and it is just fine. He told me that I f I have issues tolerating all of the Intelence in one dose to spread it out by 12 hours. I think I will start out by Dosing once per day. I also spoke to the pharmacist about this and she told me that it would be fine and many of her patients do it that way.

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with Intelence and if anyone is taking it once per day.  I hope this change will be a good one for me. Sick and tired of the side affects of Atripla.

I hate change but my doctor told me that if this does not work well I could go back to Atripla or another combo.

Any info or personal experiences would be appreciated. Kinda nerveous to change, but as OBAMA said change is good. We hope.

One last thing do you have to eat alot with this medication. Willl a couple of pieces of peanut butter toast and oatmeal do.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:38:17 PM by MYSTERY »
Atheist don't believe in GOD, but GOD believes in them and loves them. Never let the failure of man conflict with your love of GOD.

Offline WildcatCC

Re: Switching from Atripla to Intelence.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 08:57:15 AM »
I'm about right there with you except I don't have many side effects with Atripla - it's a matter of it may not be working well for me. My ID doc has suggested a change to your same new combo. I'm holding off another month to see if Atripla is worth staying on. I did some reading about Intelence and the side effects scare the crap out of me with respect to skin issues - I already have an underlying predisposition to skin issues. But I may switch anyway and see what happens.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Apr  08 - Diagnosed
Apr  08  cd4 8, vl 150k
Meds: Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
June 08 cd4 250, vl 1600
Aug  08 cd4 275, vl 450
Meds: Atripla
Nov  08  cd4  386, vl 255
Jan   09  cd4  415, vl 2100 (spike?)
Feb   09  cd4 460, vl 212
May   09  cd4 515, vl 1200
Aug   09  cd4 717, vl 1535 % 23
Sept  09  cd4 535  vl 1710 % 18
Oct   09  genotype shows mutation. Discussing w/ ID Doc
Nov  09   cd4 480  vl 650   % 19
Dec  09 genotype slight mutation to Epivir and Retrovir
Jan 10   cd4 508 vl 250 (21%)  low vitamin d - on supplement 2000 iu/day
Mar 15 Change to Isentress and Truvada
May 5 cd4 498 vl 1485
June 16 cd4 550 vl undect!!!! (finally dammit)

Offline MYSTERY

Re: Switching from Atripla to Intelence.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
Hey WildcatCC,

Thanks for responding. I can understand your fears that's for sure. I just got off the phone with my Doctor and Pharmacist and they both told me that skin reactions to the medication are very small and that people have been doing very well on it. I hope this helps you.

I also asked about once a day dosing and it has not been approved, but it is being studied and my doctor told me that it would be fine to take once a day and has said people are doing fine with that. But,  at this point it's still recommended for twice a day, but if you can tolerate it once a day that's a good thing.

Good luck to you as well.
Atheist don't believe in GOD, but GOD believes in them and loves them. Never let the failure of man conflict with your love of GOD.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.