Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:01:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 214
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Going crazy!  (Read 14121 times)

Offline Helpless

• Standard
Going crazy!
« on: November 22, 2009, 10:37:37 am »
Can one of you help me on this please!! I had protected oral and anal sex oh and unprotected oral sex back in September. He showed me a paper that he had a negative hiv test and has said for his job going over seas he has to have one ever so often.  Well after the incident about 2 weeks I had a fever for four days, went to the doctor, has a bump on my leg and was told I have herpes.  I also was put on medication for this and a bacterial infection.  I had an hiv test, negative. Knowing that it was too soon, I waited to have another. Then I started getting another fever that lasted for two days with coughing. (6 weeks after the incident) I had another hiv test.. Negative.  I still have the cough now and my mouth is sore, but no marks.  I was on several antibiotics, two for an absess tooth that i had a root canal on, two for bacterial infections, one for bronchitis, and one for a yeast infection. I think I have developed another yeast infection at 10 weeks. Oh and I had an oraqik mouth swab at 9 weeks, negative. Still waiting on the blood work which is due this week. I have had headaches off and on for two weeks with this cough and some tingling on my left side for a few days. Please help me on this! I am scared to death!!

Offline Helpless

• Standard
Re: Going crazy!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:38:17 am »
Oops I meant protected vaginal and anal and unprotected oral.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 10:42:33 am »
Helpless,

You haven't had a risk for hiv infection so it's no surprise that your tests have returned with negative results. Protected intercourse is just that - protected. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. Getting a blowjob also is not a risk and neither is going down on a woman.

You do not have hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTING OVER THIS SEPTEMBER INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 02:43:55 pm »
I hope you are right Ann.  And I appreciate every bit of info you can give me.  It only worries me because the oral sex was a little rough and I swallowed some cum, but very little. I wish I could understand why I am getting so many yeast and bacterial infections at this point, and also the headaches and muscle pain (at 10 weeks) Maybe its stress? He assured me he was clean and so did his partner (on and off again girlfriend) But if they were so clean, why did I end up with HPV?
Wanted to add you are truly a beautiful person for creating this site! I really need all the advice I can get to get through this.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 06:40:27 am »
Helpless,

In your first post you said you were told you have herpes, but in your second post, you say you have HPV. They are two different things, but condoms do not always protect against either as they are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact, unlike hiv. If the herpes lesions or hpv warts are in a place not covered by a condom, either can be transmitted during protected intercourse. Syphilis can also be transmitted this way when the condom does not cover the lesion. Hiv is difficult to transmit, but other STIs are very easily transmitted.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. So even if you did have a risk (you didn't), you would have likely tested positive by your last test. You didn't and that's highly unlikely to change. The only thing that was even a theoretical risk was giving a blowjob, but transmission in this manner is exceedingly rare.

If you continue to feel unwell, see your doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

And by the way, It's considered rude to use the word clean to describe a person's hiv or sexual health status. To use this word in this manner is to imply that those of us who are living with hiv are dirty. Please don't use the word clean in this way here. Thank you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 07:00:09 pm »
Sorry Ann! Didnt mean it like that, I meant clean as in a clean bill of health. No one deserves to get a disease! NO ONE! I am thinking that once I get through this maybe I can learn a little more about this disease and try and spread some good information to help other people through this like you do. Well got my results back from the blood tests.. Negative again, but they still want me to test at 3 months and 6 months. I also need to have some tests done for hepatitis. Oh and I didnt meant to put HPV, I meant HSV. Sorry. I am on my third bacterial infection. Not sure what is causing this.. I will find out more information when I see my obgyn tomorrow. As for the headaches, still there, and I am very weak. Could very well be a flu.. I hope.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 07:52:34 am »
Helpless,

Even if you did have a risk, which you didn't, you don't need to test out to six months for hiv. The window period for hiv testing has been THREE months, for years now. Remember, most people who have actually been infected will test positive in the first six WEEKS. The three month window period exists to catch the rare person who takes a little longer than six WEEKS. Testing out to six months is not needed.

Do you realise that yeast infections are fungal, not bacterial, and can be caused by antibiotic use? I can't even look at antibiotics without getting a yeast infection, and that happened to me long before I was hiv positive. You should be asking your obgyn for meds to take to counteract the effects of antibiotics on your system if you're prone to yeast.

Absolutely nothing you report is indicative of hiv infection. No surprise there, with all those negative results. If you were positive and your symptoms had anything to do with it, you would have tested positive by now. You haven't and you're not going to in relation with this incident. You didn't have an actual risk.

BTW, I figured out with your last post that you are a woman. It wasn't clear up until then, but that in no way changes my risk assessment. Condoms were used for intercourse and that's the important thing. Keep using them and you'll continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 08:23:12 pm »
Yes, definatly a woman.. :-)
So you think an 8.5 week test is good enough?  I will probably just follow up with one more the second week of December to make sure for my sanity.  (that would be the three month mark) Wow, struggling through the time it takes to get the tests back is so stressful!
Went back to the OB GYN today, he did another test for std's since I am still having some burning down below and there is no yeast or bacterial to be found.  Since its a jolly holliday weekend, I wont find out until Monday (sigh)  I did see a general practitioner today about the burning under my arms, down my leg and the constant headaches and cough.  He said I have a sinus infection and that I am also showing symptoms of tension headaches which could explain the numbing on my left side and neck pain. He perscribed me some meds.. Hope they help.  Now if I can only get my (vaggie) back on track I can deal with things a tad better.  Yes, yeast and bacterial infections are just lovely! You are so right, antibiotics can make them go wild. I sometimes frown upon taking them.. Maybe some yogurt will help us out huh?
I truly hope its just anxiety and stress causing my symptoms.. I hear you can actually trick your body into thinking you have things you dont.. Wow, what and aged mind and the internet will trick you into. 
Question for you.. When you experienced seroconversion, what was that like? Did you have any symptoms? At what point did you start to experience them? When did you test and find out you were poz?

Offline Helpless

• Standard
Re: Going crazy!... still-please help someone!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 10:16:57 am »
Sorry to bug you again Ann.. I am still having headaches, and body aches.  I am going out of my mind! I keep thinking that maybe since we were both really drunk, the condom slipped off or something. I just wish I could remember that night and all that transpired.  The past few nights I have been waking up gasping for air and not being able to go back to sleep.  I was presribed Foricet, and it helps a little.  The doctor told me that I will not know my status until 12 weeks for sure, that 8 is not good enough, which probably is what is making me lose it! The yeast infections wont go away either after a high dose of diflucan (three days worth). I test this Friday which is making me crazy! That will be one day shy of the 12 week mark, which shouldnt make a difference right? I cry constantly and my mood changes.  I know that if I am positive, I cant do anything about it.. My question to you is.. Can ARS happen after the 8th week negative test? Please answer me someone about this... I am just plain nasty to work with at work, nasty to my kids and emmotional all at the same time.. I am weak and just plain feel horrible!  >:(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 10:40:44 am »
Reread the replies that you have already been given.

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 11:07:25 am »
I know... I just wasnt sure what the percentage was of changing from neg at 8 weeks to pos at 12. And if maybe stress and anxiety are causing my problems... And the doctor telling me that it can all change and not to take the 8 week to the bank, just threw me for a loop! She thinks I had a real risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:15:15 am »
Your doctor is wrong.

A negative result at 8 weeks is very unlikely to change to positive at 12 weeks. I expect you to continue to test negative in particular because you really didn't have a risk to begin with.   

Get busy with other things until you get to testing again. Doing that will help to pass the time more easily than you may imagine is possible. You did not have a risk for HIV as  you have already been told.
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 11:43:46 am »
Thank you to all three of you for getting me through this! It doesnt help the fact that I have a non experienced HIV doctor telling me I am basically 50/50 at this point and that what I did was by all means a good sign that if the guy was pos that I am basically infected.  Wow, I think I listened to every sad song imaginable crying the whole way home!! My co-workers are ready to kick me in the butt at this point because of my whole ora at work and I am just plain nasty to my husband and kids.. I will try to go out in this crappy mess today and do some shopping (not that the xmas mall crowd will help) and maybe get my mind off of this! I know I am a broken record and I am truly sorry for all of this.. I feel like I have no one to talk to.  I guess once the 12 week mark has passed I will go seek some counsling.. Have a good weekend guys!

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 11:49:18 am »
One good thing that came out of this too, I actually dontated money to the childrens pediatric aids fund.  Not much money since xmas has me in a bind, but this whole situation has be thinking about everyone that has been effected by hiv.  Esspecially the people who can afford to get their meds.  I will continue to do so through other charaties.  Its a shame it took this to make me realize their are so many people in this world that need help! I know I dont have much to give, but every little bit helps... And I continue to pray for everyone as well that with any disease they find a cure sometime in the near future.. And maybe what I am doing will help just a little. Good Bless!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 12:52:31 pm »
...and make sure not to put yourself in this situation again in the future by having unprotected sex outside of your relationship.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
Re: Going crazy! Andy
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:02 am »
Andy - Can I ask you if constant headaches for a month and yeast infections that have been here since two weeks after possible exposure be a sign of hiv?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 09:19:58 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 09:45:42 am »
Sorry, I was just curious..... Its just getting so close to my next test on Friday. And I cant understand why I have symptoms, I am getting treated and they arent going away! What I want to know is if they are stress related somehow? All I am getting from providers are morbid answers.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 09:56:00 am »
As you have been told over and over. Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. You did not have a risk...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 11:00:57 am »
Your test this coming week is going to answer your concern about HIV. We expect your result to be negative.

We cannot diagnose anything here. Since you are very stressed it might be a good idea to talk with a counselor to discuss your situation. As far as your physical symptoms are concerned that is something to handle with a doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »
Thank you very much! I will definatly keep you all posted!!

Offline Helpless

• Standard
Re: Going crazy! Nervous....
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 08:15:18 pm »
Ok, tested today at the clinic, they told me to call next Friday.  I am praying I come out of this ok.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 08:11:38 am »
OK. We expect you to test negative.

Good luck.
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 05:25:18 pm »
Thanks for being here for me... I truly hope you are right!! I know you are knowlegable, so it certainly helps me get through the day hearing your reassurance!! Talk to you next week! Hopefully with some great news! BTW, had a gonherea and clamydia test, both negative.. Now I get to go for the Hep tests and syphillis one more time to hopefully rule those out.. I hope next week is a good week!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 05:36:34 pm »
That's very good about those other negative results.

Good luck with the HIV result as well. 
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 08:18:08 am »
Ok, now i have two tests I am waiting on, one from the clinic and one from my gyn. I didnt ask for the second, but she wanted to run a full ray of tests being concerned that my yeast infections wont go away with treatment.  Now I have develped a rash on my torso that is itching. My question to you is.. does a yeast infection (vaginal) go away with treatment in early hiv? And would I be develping a rash three months later? I am not on any antibiotics and have not been on any in weeks. The last treatment I had was with three days of diflucan.

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 08:31:13 am »
BTW this is another gyn, the old one told me to see and ID because their is nothing he can do for me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 08:44:56 am »
A yeast infection is absolutely not HIV-specific. The rash associated with ARS is NOT itchy.

You're just going to have to wait for you HIV test result and I continue to expect that to be negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:31 pm »
Ok, the clinic test at 11.5 weeks.. Negative.  My gyn had me take another.. I get that result tomorrow.  That will be a full 12 weeks. Fingers crossed it is negative as well.  The other std panels will be back tomorrow too. Again, hope these are negative as well. Already have HSV 1 and 2.  Hope this is the only gift I got from that guy. I will post tomorrow on how that turns out.. I dont think that 4 days would make a difference would it? (the time between my two hiv tests)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 08:16:30 am »
Helpless,

Four days is not going to make the slightest difference. You do not have hiv, which is no surprise as you never had a risk as we've repeatedly told you. It's time you got on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Helpless

• Standard
Re: Going crazy!-Just a thanks for being there for me
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 05:31:06 pm »
Thank you all for being there for me when I needed you! You are all very special to me! Got all my tests back and they were all negative except HSV 1 and 2.  I am definatly seeking some councling after this..  Taking my 12 weeks to the bank!

Happy Holidays!!!

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 05:34:30 pm »
Also to anyone reading this.. Listen to these people! They know what they are talking about.. SYMPTOMS MEAN NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO HIV!!! I had every symptom in the book and I am negative!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 06:16:56 pm »
No surprise with your negative results.

However, as yourself know when you are frightened it seems to be hard to listen to what is said to you.
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 08:04:47 pm »
So true! Frightened isnt the word for it.  I wasted three months of my life worrying. If only I would have listened!

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 06:06:50 am »
Ok, I promise this is the last question unless I am confirmed poz later. I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitus, which i believe is a sign of seroconversion. Should I test again?

This is the last question i will ask.. PROMISE!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 06:12:36 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 07:06:10 am »
Helpless,

This is getting silly. You've been told repeatedly that you never had a risk for hiv infection, and you also have a twelve week negative. Guess what, you don't have hiv! Anyone can get chronic sinus problems - it has nothing to do with hiv.

I'm  giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 07:39:23 pm »
High CK levels (361) showing muscle deterioration and malaiga. 19 week neg test. My hands hurt bad and my joints are hurting. Going to see a rheumatologist tomorrow to test for autoimmune disease. I know I am dragging on and on.I still have the same sinus infection since November, and I know this is the time of year to get those. My question is, should i test one last time for my 6 month since this started at 16 weeks after my encounter? My clinic says yes. Please dont boot me for this, this is my last question and I do not want to waste resources. And one more thing, I know you dont handle this here, but do I need to test for hep after a 3 month negative? Thanks!

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 07:41:40 pm »
Oh and I am going to therapy, which is helping, just curious as to why the health department wants to test at 6 since you guys say 3??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 08:19:34 pm »
Oh and I am going to therapy, which is helping, just curious as to why the health department wants to test at 6 since you guys say 3??
Ignorance and not up to date on the testing procedures.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 08:22:52 pm »
We're really not interested in what you hear elsewhere about testing. You have reliably tested negative for HIV. There is no need for further testing.

Whatever is going on with you physically has nothing to do with HIV. Period.

There's nothing more we can do for you in this setting. If you come back here with more about your HIV status you're going to very quickly find yourself getting a Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 06:06:26 pm »
In the process or worrying about hiv (as I know I shouldnt have) I developed a relationship with a guy who has full blown aids.  He was born with hiv, and I am starting to fall pretty hard for him.  I am not sure what steps I need to take to protect myself.  I worried myself sick with my own situation, but to me, if I am protected, I should be ok right? Can I have oral sex with him? How long can you live with aids while on meds? He has been hiv positive for 24 years.  I didnt want to come back here, but I just want to know that when the time comes I am safe.

Thanks!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 06:13:42 pm »
In the process or worrying about hiv (as I know I shouldnt have) I developed a relationship with a guy who has full blown aids.  He was born with hiv, and I am starting to fall pretty hard for him.  I am not sure what steps I need to take to protect myself.  I worried myself sick with my own situation, but to me, if I am protected, I should be ok right? Can I have oral sex with him? How long can you live with aids while on meds? He has been hiv positive for 24 years.  I didnt want to come back here, but I just want to know that when the time comes I am safe.

Thanks!

You've fallen in love with a positive guy? Oy gevalt!

If you'd read our Welcome Thread you'd know that latex condoms and water-based lubricants properly used during anal and vaginal sex will protect you from HIV.

You are not at risk of HIV if he performs unprotected oral sex on you. There has never been a documented case of HIV transmission from a person who performs unprotected oral sex on an HIV positive male.

As for your question about life expectancy and medications I can tell you that people with AIDS will live until they die, medications or otherwise. You might want to discuss the particular details of his regimen with him.

MtD

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 06:18:02 pm »
Thanks Matty.

I was so flustered I went and joined another site.  Met an awesome guy and took it from there.. Everything I ever wanted, but of course, he has aids. Normally I wouldnt pursue it, but this guy is just a dream to me, everything I ever wanted in life.

I just want to make sure that I will continue to be neg. So you are saying that I cant go down on him without protection? Should I invest in dental dams? or use a condom?

Gonna check out the welcome threads, thanks for the advice!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 06:29:27 pm »
Thanks Matty.

I was so flustered I went and joined another site.  Met an awesome guy and took it from there.. Everything I ever wanted, but of course, he has aids. Normally I wouldnt pursue it, but this guy is just a dream to me, everything I ever wanted in life.

I just want to make sure that I will continue to be neg. So you are saying that I cant go down on him without protection? Should I invest in dental dams? or use a condom?

Gonna check out the welcome threads, thanks for the advice!

I'm saying that there's a theoretical risk of transmission from an HIV positive male to a person who performs unprotected oral sex on him. Note theoretical - there has never been a documented case of HIV transmission occurring in this manner.

So what does that mean? Well it means you have to make the decision about how protected the sex you have is for yourself. If I were HIV negative I wouldn't have a problem giving an unprotected blow-job to a positive person.

When it comes to vaginal and anal sex, always use latex condoms and water based lubricants and you'll be ok.

I don't see a need for dental dams as he cannot give you HIV by going down on you, but again that's up to you.

MtD

Offline Helpless

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2010, 08:41:48 am »
Thanks for the advice Matty :-)
BTW all that worry and neg results I wasted time finding out now I have Lymes Disease.  I feel like an idiot! Thanks to all for your help! Lots of hugs to all of you.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.