Main Forums > Living With HIV

Gays & Lesbians Don't Float

(1/3) > >>

Life:
I met my Cousin Cathy after 35 years not seeing her.  Cathy grew up with a paster as a father and a mother who is a Cheif Nurse at a hositial in Omaha.  I knew Cathy came out 15 years ago and I was so happy for that.  Now Cathy, her Son Zander, & her Mom & Dad came out to visit me and William this past weekend.  We talked about being gay and of mine and William's hiv diagnosis that we have been dealing with this past year.  We talked and talked.  We both knew we were gay early on.   Cathy even reminded me that it was I who tought her how to tie her shoes.  We then got into the river and walked out to the "Rock."  Zander in Cathies arms until she went down, tossing me Zander in mid fall all the while Zander is just laughing his little ass off at me and Mom...  We had such a great time. I know Cathies family  are all behind me and Will as we go thru the rest of our lives living with hiv.   

YOU KNOW WHAT, GOSH ITS GREAT TO BE OUT TO FAMILY ON ALL LEVELS!!

MY CELL PHONE DID NOT MAKE IT BACK OUT OF THE RIVER...

Hope Everyone is doing great!   I FEEL SO GOOD THIS WEEK!!! ;D ;D

Love

Eldon:
Hello Eric. It is good to hear from you. Your weekend with your Cousin Cathy and her family sounds like it was awesome! It is a good thing that you and William were able to share that you were both HIV positive to the family. It is more added support for you guys.

Like the picture of the rock in the middle of the river.

Teresa:
Eric,

Looks like you were having a great time on the rock. Glad you have such a wonderful and supportive family!

You are truly blessed!

Hugs
Teresa

Jeffreyj:
I thought Ann lived on that rock..oh well I'm confused...Glad you had a good time with your family Eric! That pick reminds me   No man is an island.......

foster2006:
Eric,

Thats cool

I can relate.

I also have a lesbian cousin, she was the first relative I told about my diagnosis.  She had an idea that something was up with me.  She had a feeling in June 2004 that something had happened to me, and again the week I was diagnosed with HIV.  June 2004 being the month I was infected.

I am glad that my family is supportive even though they are 1500 miles from me.

Foster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version