HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Just Curious (New Question Posted at bottom of thread)

(1/2) > >>

WorriedAgain:
I would just like to know if I should be worried about some ailments I've been having as ARS symptoms. A few weeks after possible exposure I've developed a sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, and a strong cough. I went to the doctor, and he said I have a throat infection, and prescribed me some antibiotics. He said it should only be one or two days before I get better, but it took 4 days of antibiotic treatment before the sore throat went away, and I still had the runny nose and cough for about ten days afterwards. I am worried why the cough and runny nose won't go away, and now I"ve developed a rash. This rash is coming up all over my body such as my head, face, ears, neck, chest, hands, and feet. There are also blotches and elevated skin that look like warts, but they go away. The rash is extremely itchy, but it only appears on one area of my body at a time. For example, it could appear on my neck and I'll be itchy there, and after a while it will disappear and appear on my chest or feet. I've never had this kind of rash before with blothces and huge bumps, so I was wondering if this is typical of ARS? I was also wondering why my sore throat took 4 days to heal completely, although it did get better even after one day of antibiotics. Also, even though my exposure did not involve my genitals in any way, I have felt a slight burning sensation in my urethra ( head of penis). The rash is what worries me the most, although it could be due to drinking alcohol, but I didn't really get this kind of reaction from alcohol before.

*I know this is a very low risk, but was wondering if there is any cause for concern over an incident. Last night I went to the strip club and got a V.I.P lap dance which lasted for approximately twenty minutes. During the dance, the stripper sat on my face about 4 times without her panties on, and grinded down on my face hard. The only reason I am worried is because she was a little bit "moist," and I was curious if there is a risk if minimal amounts of her fluid accidentally splashed into my eye or nose. I don't think any fluids got in my eye, but just in case. I also had itchy eye due to allergy.

Ann:
Worried,

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. The only way to reliably know your hiv status is to test at the appropriate time.

Nothing you describe is hiv specific and the ARS rash does NOT itch in the slightest.

Unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, you probably haven't had a risk. We can't tell you unless you tell us why you are worried about hiv.

Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the link to the Transmission lesson.

Ann

WorriedAgain:
Thanks for the reply. I've now had this rash for a few days and it is really itchy, keeps appearing on a certain area of my body and then disappearing, only to reappear again hours later. It moves around my body, from chest, then to back, then arms or ears, always showing up in a single location only. My throat sometimes feelss painful as if it is closing up or swelling, all the way down to my chest. This morning I"ve also had an itchy red eye, but I'm okay now. I feel better knowing that since ARS rash isn't itchy. I am worried because last month I went to a nightclub and got really drunk for the first time, and I was afraid that some people there may have had their HIV infected blood in a syringe, and maybe secretly poked me with the needle. About 3 weeks after is when I developed the sore throat, cough, and runny nose. NOw I have this rash.

RapidRod:
Before you go any further seek the help of a mental health professional. No one is going to carry around a syringe full of HIV infected blood in a bar to inject into you. I don't care how drunk you were or weren't it didn't happen.

WorriedAgain:
I know this is a very low risk, but was wondering if there is any cause for concern over an incident. Last night I went to the strip club and got a V.I.P lap dance which lasted for approximately twenty minutes. During the dance, the stripper sat on my face about 4 times without her panties on, and grinded down on my face hard. The only reason I am worried is because she was a little bit "moist," and I was curious if there is a risk if minimal amounts of her fluid accidentally splashed into my eye or nose. I don't think any fluids got in my eye, but just in case. I also had itchy eye due to allergy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version