Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Makes sense to me

(1/1)

jack:
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10235

alisenjafi:
Jack while there is truth in "war is ugly" I wonder why this rhetoric  keeps going around. The bungling of Iraq and Afghanistan isn't liberal views or journalism it is with your war hawks.
But then again maybe if they served in the military they would know something.

How many times must America keep hearing it is someone else's fault for all the fuck ups.
The military hasn't taken any onus for the fact that it isn't vetting strongly enough, that it's leadership is lacking , that profession people are being fired for their sexual orientation, that there isn't enough armor, etc. etc etc....
Johnny

Matty the Damned:
Jack while there is truth in "war is ugly" I wonder why this rhetoric  keeps going around. The bungling of Iraq and Afghanistan isn't liberal views or journalism it is with your war hawks.
But then again maybe if they served in the military they would know something.

How many times must America keep hearing it is someone else's fault for all the fuck ups.
The military hasn't taken any onus for the fact that it isn't vetting strongly enough, that it's leadership is lacking , that profession people are being fired for their sexual orientation, that there isn't enough armor, etc. etc etc....
Johnny

But Johnny, not all of this is the fault of America. Yup, I'm that brilliant, I dare to reference my own work. ;)

MtD

jack:
I have never denied that the war hasn't ended up a clusterfuck of major proportions. I think the article defines the reality of war for a civilized country in todays world.
I have always thought this exchange between Sean Connery and Kevin Costner in the "untouchables" summed it up best

Malone: You said you wanted to get Capone. Do you really wanna get him? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do?
Eliot Ness: Anything and everything in my power.
Malone: And THEN what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way because they're not gonna give up the fight until one of you is dead.
Eliot Ness: How do you do it then?
Malone: You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send on of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way, and that's how you get Capone! Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?
Eliot Ness: I have sworn to capture this man with all legal powers at my disposal and I will do so.
Malone: Well the Lord hates a coward. Do you know what a blood oath is Mr. Ness?
Eliot Ness: Yes.
Malone: Good, cause you just took one.

ACinKC:
Poor, poor republican!  YOUR reign of terror (and by that i mean convincing us to be afraid ALL the time) is about to end.  Not a personal attack jack, just can't stand republicans right now.  Something to do with arrogance and religion, call me crazy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version