Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:35:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Massage with cut  (Read 9921 times)

Offline redcliffe

Massage with cut
« on: October 08, 2009, 11:20:15 am »
Dear Andy/Ann
Compliment first of all. Sorry for my english as well.
I have been stressing out since monday about this event. I went to get a back/neck massage at a Thai center (NO SEX INVOLVED). 5 minutes before enteri ng while I was biting my nails I had seen a bit of blood coming out from the side on a fingernail while having this bad habit of biting them.
At the end of the massage I started having funny thoughts about ifs etc. What about if the lady had some vaginal secretion or blood on her hands while massaging and accidentely went on the finger that I have bitten where the blood came out before the massage? am I just paranoi? i didn't see any blood or vaginal secretion from the lady but i was very relaxed and thinking at my own thing and didn't pay much attention. Also my wife told me I don't have to worry about. what do you think? did I have any HIV risk? can I carry on normal life with my wife? thank you and sorry if it sounds a silly question. thank you so much

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: fingernail
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »
Forget about those "what ifs." There was no risk of transmission in the situation you've scared yourself with. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted through that kind of contact nor from environmental surfaces in general.

Transmission of HIV is about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse and the sharing of intravenous needles. It's really that simple.

Get on with your life. You have no cause for concern.
Andy Velez

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 07:18:30 am »
thank you Andy, much appreciated.
I feel very well and relax now, as you have written, only anal and vaginal sex can cause someone to catch HIV virus but still there are a lot of hypochondriac or not well informed like I was, that think that HIV it can be cought in so many unreal ways.
All the best to you and to the other moderators.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 08:14:51 am »
As long as you always use condoms for intercourse you will be well protected as far as HIV is concerned.

However, if you are sexually active it is a good idea to regularly have a full STD panel done because other STDs are easier to acquire than HIV. That means that at least once a year you ought to do the full battery of tests for sexually transmitted diseases.

Andy Velez

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:30:27 am »
however you confirm I don't need any testing for this episode. I had full negative STD check back in May. thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 10:28:53 am »
red,

Why would you need testing when you didn't have a risk? You do NOT need to test.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:48:10 am »
Thanks
I can't get this out of my mind plus I've read on the web that HIV can be transmitted trough cuts. It is true that my wasn't a real cut but just a bit of blood came out 5/10 minutes before the massage and almost disappear near the nail where I have bitten my nail. if the lady has some vaginal secretion or blood on her hands is the HIV dying immediately and is it definite that if she had massaged my hand I couldn't got infected? I'm not having sex with my wife due to this and she is getting a bit upset as well. I want to resume my life. Stupid paranoia.
Thank you and sorry to be so persistent but I want to move on and get on with my life.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 07:57:08 am »
red,

It is absolutely, positively definite that if she massaged your hand you could NOT get infected with hiv. Hiv simply is NOT transmitted in that way.

Get on with your life and go have some sex with you wife. You were in NO danger of being infected with hiv during any part of your massage.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 01:56:16 pm »
thank you Ann.
Andy do you completely agree as well? Am I just paranoid? definitely I DID NOT RISK ANYTHING from this massage on my hands where a bit of blood came out from fingernail 5/10min before i walked into the room at the massage centre. I think i spent too much time on the web to feed my fears.
Andy/Ann this is my last post, thank you for your great work.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 07:54:39 pm »
NO RISK. NO RISK. NO RISK.  Really.

Stop with all this drama and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline redcliffe

Massage with cut
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 05:37:10 am »
Dear Ann-Andy-Rapid Rod and all the experts
I have posted before but now I'm worried again after a massage. Needless to say that I won't be going anymore as I can't be paranoid all the times after a simple back massage.
Anyway I had a small cut a week old on my finer, I had pinched it carrying a box. It was almost healed I though with a little "crust" as well. Anyway I took this normal back massage at a Chinese place in London, nothing extra, no sex at all not even Hand Job. At the end of the hour while I was going out I saw my finger with blood on it. The little cut opened up ("crust" been removed) and started to bleed slightly, when I saw it has stopped already. Now I'm worried if I may have caught something. I did not notice as I fell asleep if the lady had blood on her hands of for some silly reason she had vaginal secretions on her hands.
1.Am I just overreacting? 2. Can I keep having sex with my wife? 3. Do I need to take a HIV test?
Please let me know as I'm worried. thank you for your help in advance.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Massage with cut
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 05:41:52 am »
Your question will not be answered until you return to your "Original Thread." Take the time to read the posting guidelines of this forum.

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 05:50:35 am »
Sorry I don't understand, it's a different question, last time was months ago, don't know where I can find it, please can you let me know if I need to worry about?
Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 06:20:38 am »
Had you read the posting guidelines it explains it to you. Now read the thread that says, "Read before posting." Very first thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 06:45:57 am »
Red,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Your latest question is almost identical to your first question. What part of getting a massage is NOT A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION didn't you understand the first time? It doesn't matter if your finger was bleeding and it doesn't matter what she had on her hands. Hiv is not transmitted in that way.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 06:48:09 am »
thank you I though having seen the blood it could have made a difference.
Thank you so much

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 07:12:06 am »
red,

You're welcome. Just remember to use a condom if you have anal or vaginal intercourse outside your marriage and you'll remain hiv negative. It really is that simple! Not one person has ever been infected by getting a massage - any variation of a massage with any sort of body fluid details you can think of - and you certainly won't be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 03:07:19 am »
Dear Andy
I know I'm insane but the second time my scratch/cut bleeded when the crust has been removed, why it shouldn't be a risk, I heard that an open cut with blood is at risk.
Thank you so much

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 05:17:53 am »
Red,

Hiv can only infect a very few, very specific types of cells. These cells are not found in your finger. If you had a cut on your finger larger enough, open enough and bleeding enough to be a real pathway to cells that hiv CAN infect, believe me mate, you wouldn't be sticking it into some woman's vagina.

For the last time, fingering, with or without cuts, is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 08:28:37 am »
thanks again really
Luckily I did not finger her but she massaged my hand with maybe some infected blood or secretion. That should be even safer correct?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 08:34:13 am »
Her hands could have been dripping with blood during the massage and it still wouldn't have been a risk.

Give it up and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 04:14:00 am »
Hi
I'm really trying to get over it but having seen my cut/scratch reopened and slightly bleeding after the normal massage drove me crazy, anyway I take your advice guys and I'll give it up and move on. thank you for everything. God bless you.

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 09:39:02 am »
Andy
I wanted just to make sure (as I messed up with my tread) you understood the risk I'm worried about, massage on my finger (with maybe blood or secretions) with a reopen cut slightly bleeding. No more after this I promise. Appreciate Andy.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 09:40:48 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline redcliffe

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 09:57:04 am »
Dear Andy can you please just answer to this last question, I agree enough is enough I just wanted to make sure (as I messed up with my second tread) you understood the risk I'm worried about, massage on my finger (with maybe blood or secretions) with a reopen cut slightly bleeding. No more after this I promise. Appreciate Andy.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 10:49:50 am »
red,

We understand exactly what you are worried about. I only wish you understood that you had NO RISK.

I'm giving you that time out you were warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.