Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Why do I keep getting this error crap?

(1/3) > >>

JeffInNYC:
I get this error pretty frequently:

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

I was typing a response hit post and then I got this message and I lost everything I typed.

I dont feel like retyping it all.  Im pissed.

Teresa:
Thats happened to me alot lately also.

I close the window and open a new browser and its usually ok. But it does suck when you are typing a post and it happens.

Teresa

The Canuck:
It also happened frequently to me during these past few weeks.

Regards,

The Canuck

Boo Radley:
I haven't been using the forums long enough to experience this problem but as an anal-retentive I often select all of the text I've written and copy it to the clipboard (using MSWindows vernacular -- your verbiage may vary with Mac or LINUX or something else).

I have a bad habit of composing an epic message (email, forum post, web page, whatever) and getting distracted for a few minutes or a few hours.  As long as one of my cats hasn't walked on the keyboard in the interim I can preserve at least part of the text if I've been disconnected or an error message occurs after I hit "send/post/reply/etc."

For instance, I just copied the paragraphs above so when I click "post" if an error occurs at least humanity can be assured those precious words are not lost.  I know everyone will sleep easier tonight with this knowledge.

Boo 

AlanBama:
I get that error message a lot lately also, but I haven't lost any posts. (yet)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version