Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Jury Duty Question - New York County

(1/2) > >>

JeffInNYC:
ok I got a question.

I got summoned, you guessed it, for jury duty.

thing is I currently live in New York (Manhattan) County.  When its time to actually serve, I will have moved and be residing in Queens county.  Is this a legitimate reason for me to be excused this time?  Or do I have to serve?  Anyone know?

alisenjafi:
I am not sure , when I did grand jury duty in Queens I found out each borough has its own set of rules. I thoin there is a web site  you can go to.
Johnny

Jody:
Dear Jeff,,,If you have moved by then call the telephone number and get a postponement, everyone is entitled to one or two even without an excuse.  Send me a  PM when you get to Queens.  I live in Rego Park which is just west of Forest Hills.

Jody

let-it-go:
Depends on the type of court who sent you the notice and the juristiction they have (State, Federal, etc), you better call and get out of it.  Just because you are changing counties may not take you out of the district judicial lines.  I'd make a call and see what they say.   

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: let-it-go on August 14, 2006, 09:20:36 PM ---Depends on the type of court who sent you the notice and the juristiction they have (State, Federal, etc), you better call and get out of it.  Just because you are changing counties may not take you out of the district judicial lines.  I'd make a call and see what they say.   

--- End quote ---

I agree. My guess is they will excuse you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version