Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:39:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 226
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hiv+ dating sights  (Read 7768 times)

Offline yesican

Hiv+ dating sights
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:09:16 pm »
Does anyone have any thought to a good hiv+ dating web site. I have tried a couple but really not much there. Im from tennessee and in a small town so I don't want everyone knowing my buisness so its a little hard finding anyone that is poz. I want to date again but would really like to be with another poz guy. I don't think I could ever feel comfortable with a neg guy fearing I would give this to him. Any information would be apperciated.

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
Re: Hiv+ dating sights
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 07:52:09 pm »
If you're a man looking for a man, Manhunt and Adam4Adam seem to have plenty of poz guys looking for dating and relationships. 

I'm assuming you've tried Poz.com (I haven't, so can't compare).
It's a complex world

Offline dixieman

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:42:25 am »
yesican... I understand where your coming from... manhunt is a trick of the day site... what I think your speaking of is a real date... I've never checked out Adam4Adam... pozpersonals is free but, but, most of the guy's are so unrealistic  so your guess is good as mine...

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 02:13:12 pm »
manhunt is a trick of the day site... what I think your speaking of is a real date... I've never checked out Adam4Adam... pozpersonals is free but, but, most of the guy's are so unrealistic  so your guess is good as mine...

Adam4Adam is another hookup site, as well. And in most cases no matter what site you're on, many guys are clueless as to what they're looking for other than a romp in the hay

Case in point: all of my profiles "disclose" but I keep my face "private" -- and the main one I use on adam4 was only a shot with me wearing clothes and the only hits I was getting were the occasional one where the guy's profile stated he was neg but after I pointed out that I was + and a few seconds of bantering, they disclosed which was a STRIKE to me.

So I decided to conduct an experiment.  I created another profile, but this time showed the goodies while keeping the face private.  I couldn't even log on before I was getting hits out the wazoo from fellow + guys, unknown status and even some neg guys.

The moral of the story: if you seek something serious, online interaction is to really be taken with a grain of salt because although people will say they want more than the sex of it, in most cases they'll say anything to get laid.

Technology is lovely, but it's really not the way to go to find someone for a serious romantic relationship ~ although, I will say there are some rare occasions where people have met ONLINE and continue to live happily ever after. 

Besides, the way most men are now, they are probably working on some GPS iPhone application to zoom in on their next trick :)
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 02:42:39 pm »
Funny, I thought the moral of your story was if you want the horses to come out of the pasture you need to show a big carrot.  ;D

What about eHarmony? They cater to gays now and no one is going to wade through 29 dimensions of compatibility just to get laid.

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:08:10 pm »
yesican... I understand where your coming from... manhunt is a trick of the day site... what I think your speaking of is a real date... I've never checked out Adam4Adam...

A4A is like Manhunt, but sleazier.  Nevertheless, there are a large number of guys who want relationships.  Some state that they want to date and won't hook up (sometimes in unnecessarily disdainful terms), and others are "looking for Mr. Right but will settle for Mr. Right Now."  And quite a few have HIV.

I don't 'date' so I can't say how well it might work out.  However, I'm happily 'attached' compliments of Squirt. org, even though I've always been strictly 'NSA'.  So take a chance, you never know where it may lead. 

It's a complex world

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 06:21:55 pm »
Funny, I thought the moral of your story was if you want the horses to come out of the pasture you need to show a big carrot.  ;D

What about eHarmony? They cater to gays now and no one is going to wade through 29 dimensions of compatibility just to get laid.

LOL, GSO - that about sums it up!

Also there's Chemistry, which is along the lines of eHarmony as it allows you to undergo filling out this intensive questionnaire to siphon through the pool and come up with "compatible" matches -- but it's expensive if you want to utilize it fully.

www.chemistry.com

and Miss P: chime in as I know you've got some tidbits to add! ;)

Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:32:00 pm »

and Miss P: chime in as I know you've got some tidbits to add! ;)

Please girl, I still score my tricks the old fashion way on subway platforms at 3 am.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline yesican

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 12:19:07 am »

Thanks I didn't know they did that not, I love sex as much as the next man but in not just looking for roll in the hay, I must be a strange breed, I want the man the house and the picket fence. Thanks for the advice

Offline dixieman

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:28 am »
I have the house, the picket fence... but, where is the man? lol... oh well life goes on... best of luck to you...

Ms P we don't have a subway here... 3am I'm asleep...

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 12:43:35 pm »
Please girl, I still score my tricks the old fashion way on subway platforms at 3 am.

I normally find myself puking on the top of someone's head after a night of drinking if I'm in a train station at that hour :)

Past regimens

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »
It's definitely not easy to find someone on dating sites for all the reasons mentioned above. I was on the Poz dating site for a few years actually. It got frustrating having to deal with the scammers, people using fake pics or not even taking the time to complete their profile. Just as I was ready to delete my profile I met my bf. After all that time I finally got my happily ever after......KEEP HOPE ALIVE AND DON'T SETTLE....I guess that is the best advice I can offer...

Ms. P---The subway station at 3 am....OMG, girl. I hate to see what the cat has drug in around that time... :D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 01:48:09 pm »

Ms. P---The subway station at 3 am....OMG, girl. I hate to see what the cat has drug in around that time... :D

Generally I'd label them "large and in charge".
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 07:12:40 pm »
If you don't like online searching, try local spots where you can actually meet face to face.  When I lived in Florida we had a market in the gay district, that was a great place to meet normal guys.  The bowling alley was another, during all the league play, there were hundreds of guys.  Same for Sunday tea dance.  My point is, if people don't know you exist, how do you expect to meet someone?  Find something you like to do and then do it.  Put yourself out there, but maybe try for friendship first, until you thicken your hide.  Try not to take anything too personally, because sometimes you are just not their type.

I thought I would never find someone, but I found my husband on the Web.  We actually talked for three weeks before we even met and waited a whole month before having sex.  First time I have ever done that, but with him there was something special and we still have it 10 years later.

If you want someone in your life, then make it happen and the worst that will happen, is you will make some friends along the way.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 10:01:25 am »

I normally find myself puking on the top of someone's head after a night of drinking if I'm in a train station at that hour :)

Charming! Remind me to stand on a bench or something if I ever find myself in a train station with you after you've been drinking! :P At least that way, I'd only be in danger of getting icky puke on my shoes.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 01:21:06 pm »
Charming! Remind me to stand on a bench or something if I ever find myself in a train station with you after you've been drinking! :P At least that way, I'd only be in danger of getting icky puke on my shoes.

Ann

Let me clarify.  In certain train stations, there are upstairs and downstairs platforms with areas where you can stand and sorta watch/listen out for whatever train is going in your direction.  One time in the wee hours after doing happy hour with some friends on a Sunday, I was the unfortunate soul who had to wait on my train, as we all were going in three different directions.

Anyway, I was standing on the landing listening for any train going in my direction and the urge hit.  I didn't realize that someone was walking right under me at the time.  Well, I ran fast as all hell to the upstairs platform.... Damn, Ann -- I had practically forgotten that incident until you provided me with a flashback :)

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled discussion of the best poz dating sites.

Past regimens

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
Re: Hiv+ dating sites
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 01:59:36 pm »

i am old-fashioned too.

But no Luddite...So I use
CL if i want someone who can't figure out what they want
Adam4Adam if i want someone who can't/won't read a full paragraph
pozmatch if i want to hear from those desperate to emigrate to the US (can't blame them, given their locations).
poz.com if i want eternal back-and-forth with no meeting (ever).

I do live near a subway station... i actually have met some wonderful people (not just fellow gays) from every site above, save pozmatch.

8) -megasept

PS I take the whole "trick" vs. "dating" thing to mean absolutely nothing. Levels of BS, like layers of onion skin. You can be yourself (even bad) whenever you choose.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:06:45 pm by megasept »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.