HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Worried

(1/2) > >>

ducheau:
Hi all,

I have recently had unprotected oral sex with an anonymous partner.  Unfortunately cum was exchanged.  According to the CDC I am at high risk for contracting HIV. Is this true?  I have read blogs saying that it's very hard to contract HIV this way?  Who is right?  Should I be tested?

Thanks

RapidRod:
So you gave someone a blowjob? It's not high risk, it is low risk. If you received a blowjob there is no risk at all.

Ann:
Ducheau,

Can I remind you of a reply you posted not long ago in this forum?

--- Quote ---You should really mind your own business.  Just because I am (thankfully) negative I still know a lot about HIV and how it is transmitted.  I was just trying to ease his concerns because I have been through the same thing. (click here)

--- End quote ---

Hmm, have you forgotten what you've learned?

I suggest you read through the  Welcome Thread and follow the links to the Transmission lesson for a refresher course. Pay particular attention to the discussion on the serodiscordant studies where the negative partners who used condoms for intercourse but not for oral did not become infected.

Getting a blowjob is not a risk of hiv infection. GIVING a blowjob is about as low a risk as you can get. It's rare for hiv to be transmitted in this manner.

Here's more information to refresh yourself with:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

ducheau:
Ann,

Please stop giving wrong medical advice!!!! 

jkinatl2:
Having reread Ann's response, I fail to see incorrect advice. Could you possibly elaborate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version