HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Giving blood.

Hi there, I had posted a long time back and just wanted to get some opinions. I got info in the mail about an upcoming blood drive and wanted to participate as I used to give blood from time to time in the past. I was told on here that my "exposure" incident was not that significant, so I would think it would be OK. I was cut on the finger, to the point of dripping blood, in a adult movie booth when closing the door and touched all kinds of places in the booth before realizing the cut. So as mentioned before my concern was if I might have put my finger in someone's semen left by a previous customer on the channel or volume button or doorknob!?!?! Do you think I would be OK? I don't want to use this as testing as I have gathered I never needed to test in the first place...........

No, you didn't need to test over your movie booth incident.

As long as you have not been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, I see no reason why you can't give blood. If you have been having unprotected intercourse, you need to have proper testing done before you donate.

[0] Message Index

Go to full version