POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 01:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639862
  • Total Topics: 48576
  • Online Today: 220
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Would some of you freak out?  (Read 580 times)

Offline wolfter

Would some of you freak out?
« on: Yesterday at 01:21:35 PM »
I didn't but I managed to get a couple of "digs" in to the dental staff this morning.  As I was being seated at the dentist's office this morning, I noticed a dry erase board visible for the world to see.  It's an open concept practice where there's no privacy at all.  We can actually see what procedures anyone is having done.

On the board was the following;

Obviously I don't freak about such things but suddenly I started thinking of some members here who this would totally freak out. ;D  I asked upon leaving the chair was it was necesary to have the written on a dry erase board.  It was explained that they needed pertinent information visible.

I then inquired why my others issues weren't pertinet.  Why not list all of inflictions?

I'm sure it's a HIPPA violation but I'm not bothered enough to do anything.  Just seems odd this day and age.

wolfie

Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Online Dan0

Re: Would some of you freak out?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:25:14 PM »
It will become pertinent when someone files a complaint. I just think it's sloppy. If they're that sloppy with their paperwork, I wonder how good they are with teeth? It would make me consider another dentist.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.

"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD

Offline Ptrk3

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:51:37 PM »
Not cool at all, and I certainly would agree with you that it is, indeed, a HIPPA violation.  There is no need for such an identifier to be visible to anyone other than the dentist (if it's your regular dentist, doesn't he remember your status--how many HIV positive people does he see anyway?)!  Sure, they may have meant no harm and you are taking it in stride, but they should be more disciplined in understanding that HIPPA is there for a purpose.  Good for you for giving them some grief.  They deserved it.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:54:53 PM »
I wouldn't go to a dentist that wrote my private personal medical information on a chalk board for everyone and anyone to see.

But I wouldn't go all ghetto or anything.  I would just explain the problem and get a new dentist.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:00:05 PM by buginme2 »

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:02:20 PM »
Besides it's 2014, what are they doing with a dry erase board anyways.  Don't they have electronic medical records.  I would be hesitant about a practice that was that far behind in technology.

Offline drewm

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 02:16:18 PM »
I am a total ass when it comes to HIPPA. Def NOT cool.
Diagnosed in  May of 2010 with teh AIDS.

PCP Pneumonia . CD4 8 . VL 500,000

ATRIPLA - VALTREX -  FLUOXETINE - FENOFIBRATE

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline Almost2late

• "My disease stops with me" - Jeff G
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 02:59:23 PM »
OH HELL NO!!! >:(... That BS will not fly with me, I WILL go ghetto on them for that BS.. I'll let all those sitting in the waiting room know I got AIDS and I was infected by their dirty needles.. They wanna play that shit, they're gonna get more than they could handle.. Then I'd file my complaint and find a new dentist.
Atripla, Bactrim, Azithromycin
Date         CD4's          VL
02/14     13  2.79%    228k+
03/14     52       7%       3k-
04/14     not done          2k-
05/14     184     9%       595
06/14     117     8%       235  switched off Atripla
08/14     135    10%      110  stopped Azithromycin
Tivicay, Truvada, Bactrim

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss

“Everybody dies … The thing is, to have a life before we die.”
― John Irving, The World According to Garp

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:08:50 PM »
Where is your dentist,  in Dogpatch KY ?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe K

• Global Moderator
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 03:53:04 PM »
OH HELL NO!!! >:(... That BS will not fly with me, I WILL go ghetto on them for that BS.. I'll let all those sitting in the waiting room know I got AIDS and I was infected by their dirty needles.. They wanna play that shit, they're gonna get more than they could handle.. Then I'd file my complaint and find a new dentist.

It's one thing to point out violations with HIPPA.  It's quite another to slander/libel a dentist for something they did not do.  If you were ever to do such a thing, the dentist would rightfully sue you and take everything you have.  Slandering the name of a decent dentist is never the way to make a point.

Joe

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 03:58:38 PM »
It's one thing to point out violations with HIPPA.  It's quite another to slander/libel a dentist for something they did not do.  If you were ever to do such a thing, the dentist would rightfully sue you and take everything you have.  Slandering the name of a decent dentist is never the way to make a point.

Joe
Putting my confidential info for all the world to see isn't right either.. Let them sue, they can have all my debt too... Maybe they can take my hiv too.

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 04:00:36 PM »
It doesn't sound like they think it's a big deal. Granted it shouldn't be out where anyone can see it, but it's better than the old days when you would be denied treatment. Progress of sorts.

Offline Joe K

• Global Moderator
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 04:04:28 PM »
Putting my confidential info for all the world to see isn't right either.. Let them sue, they can have all my debt too... Maybe they can take my hiv too.

I never said that posting medical information on a patient is proper and there are procedures to report and correct such behaviour.  If you wish to be an advocate, that truly affects change, you need to do it using what the law provides and not through "vigilante justice."

You seem to think that I condone what was done, when I do not.  If anything, 30 years of advocacy have taught me to pick my battles carefully.  When I do throw down a gauntlet, I always start with the existing procedures to seek redress.

Joe

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 04:09:21 PM »
I never said that posting medical information on a patient is proper and there are procedures to report and correct such behaviour.  If you wish to be an advocate, that truly affects change, you need to do it using what the law provides and not through "vigilante justice."

You seem to think that I condone what was done, when I do not.  If anything, 30 years of advocacy have taught me to pick my battles carefully.  When I do throw down a gauntlet, I always start with the existing procedures to seek redress.

Joe
I gotta question, can they be sued for putting your medical info out there like that? Filing a complaint doesn't seem to be enough justice IMO

― Dr. Seuss

Online Dan0

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 04:18:00 PM »
I gotta question, can they be sued for putting your medical info out there like that? Filing a complaint doesn't seem to be enough justice IMO

That's why I would be more concerned with it being egregious stupidity. The front office is a reflection of the doctor and I can't help but think he or she doesn't know of this practice and condones it. He or she also must be painfully aware of legal requirements if for no other reason the insurance they pay monthly to cover themselves in the event of stupidity! I'd be finding another dentist. This says more about the quality of care you can expect to receive in this clinic than anything!
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.

"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 04:24:34 PM »
goodness knows, after going through the bad ol' days when "HIV" was a big-ass red label on every one of my files and there was that biohazard HIV sign posted on my hospital room door, I couldn't be bothered with what a dry-erase board said about me. LOL I'm be tempted, sitting there, to draw some little squiggly lines around the "HIV", or some shadowing, to make it stand out and look "special"  :D .... but yes, there's clearly a HIPPA problem there.

...if it's your regular dentist, doesn't he remember your status--how many HIV positive people does he see anyway?)!
how often does one see a "regular dentist"? Once? Twice a year? Certainly many dentists probably don't remember a vast portion of their clientele.

Besides why should a dentist remember that a patient is HIV+? All sorts of patients have all sorts of health problems that a dentist might be concerned about. It's not like having HIV taints a patient with a scarlet letter so that a dentist can't help but remember that patient (or at least it shouldn't be that way).   ;)
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 04:31:36 PM »
That's why I would be more concerned with it being egregious stupidity. The front office is a reflection of the doctor and I can't help but think he or she doesn't know of this practice and condones it. He or she also must be painfully aware of legal requirements if for no other reason the insurance they pay monthly to cover themselves in the event of stupidity! I'd be finding another dentist. This says more about the quality of care you can expect to receive in this clinic than anything!
Thanks Dano.. It just gets me angry that a medical profession can disclose you like that to whoever, it really pisses me off.. Your right, find another dentist.

― Dr. Seuss

Offline wolfter

« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 04:43:40 PM »
I spoke to the clinical manager a little while ago.  It was very civil and I explained what my concerns are and how other patients might react.  I still don't comprehend why simply being HIV+ is pertinent/critical info but they maintain that's their operating procedure. 

We had a little banter back and forth.  I questioned about universal precautions and such but he insisted the dentists must have someone's status  visibly apparent, again because it's pertinent.  Obviously to the staff and not for my well being or it'd list that I've had 2 heart attacks already and am not even 50.  lol

He said they would possibly consider one recommendation I provided; turn the "chart" backwards until the dentist enters the exam area.  That's what we learned in nursing school and was our operating procedures at work.

And yes, I'm grateful to have dentists who will finally touch my AIDSY teeth.  :)  I simply hadn't seen anything similar to this since my big hazard tags being placed on my hospital door.

Edited to add:  In 6 months I'll post a follow up picture and I can assuredly bet that those letters will never be on my dry erase board again.  I'd also bet they discontinue the practice in general now that they've been called on it. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:47:49 PM by wolfter »
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 04:55:01 PM »

No.  Not unless you've been damaged in a measurable way by their negligence. 

You cant just sue someone for breaking the rules, even laws, unless you have been damaged or experienced a loss in some way. 

Plus this is a federal administrative law, much more complicated.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:59:06 PM by buginme2 »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 05:00:28 PM »
No.  Not unless you've been damaged in a measurable way by their negligence. 

You cant just sue someone for breaking the rules, even laws, unless you have damaged or experienced a loss in some way.

It's been a while since I've dealt with this, but I believe if the complaint is founded, there is an automatic minimum that is awarded.  The powers that be determine the level and severity of the violation and the monetary award is decided accordingly.

Again, this might be outdated.  I'm thinking how it was when first implemented.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 05:35:48 PM »
That's what folders and charts are for.  Or, they could come up with a code word, but that may even be a violation.  It is a violation, whether they think it more convenient or not.  I know nurses and docs, who say the ER nurses will write it backwards on the ER board.  Well, VIH is how it is written in Spanish, no? 

I've been concerned about privacy, at the dentist and the doc.  Brian told me he could hear everything the dentist was saying to me, and Brian was in the waiting room.  He heard him discuss how HIV affects dental health.  So, everyone else in the waiting room heard that.  I was just at the colorectal doc and the walls are so thin, that I could hear everything the doc was discussing with the patient in the other room.  He is poz, too.  They called him back, when they called me back, so I knew his name. 

When I had to go to the ER, the triage area is open to all patients being triaged.  When asked what medical issues I have, I said I go to the WINGS Clinic, which is the HIV clinic at the same hospital.  She didn't know what that was, so I had to say I am HIV positive, with others there to listen.  A young guy came in with an overdose.  They were asking the family what drugs he took.  I heard all the drugs and then heard his address, full name, and phone number.  That kind of info could really cause someone problems.  I could have been video recording him and posted it. 

Offline buginme2

« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 05:41:34 PM »
It's been a while since I've dealt with this, but I believe if the complaint is founded, there is an automatic minimum that is awarded.  The powers that be determine the level and severity of the violation and the monetary award is decided accordingly.

Again, this might be outdated.  I'm thinking how it was when first implemented.

You can always file a complaint.  It would be handed by hhs and their administrative guidelines.  They may have pre set awards for violations and penalties for violations. 

That's different than filling a lawsuit to sue them. 

Offline zach

• not fade away
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 05:48:48 PM »
i wouldn't freak out, but they would erase it and never do it again, and probably get some hippa sensitivity lessons (peacefully) so they know not to do it to the next guy
gonna go up to the mountain, for to find a little peace
looking over the valley, for the beauty i see
out across the hills, forevermore

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 06:26:32 PM »
That kind of info could really cause someone problems.  I could have been video recording him and posted it.
pure 100% privacy is a pipe-dream at best and unattainable in reality anyway. That's why it's called "going out in public". ;)
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline zach

• not fade away
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 06:29:03 PM »
said the guy peeking through the blinds like a coked out paranoid tweeker  ;D ;D ;D ;D (love, just teasing)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 06:54:39 PM »
We had a little banter back and forth.  I questioned about universal precautions and such but he insisted the dentists must have someone's status  visibly apparent, again because it's pertinent.  Obviously to the staff and not for my well being or it'd list that I've had 2 heart attacks already and am not even 50.  lol

He said they would possibly consider one recommendation I provided; turn the "chart" backwards until the dentist enters the exam area.  That's what we learned in nursing school and was our operating procedures at work.

This is where I might have gotten a bit more forceful (read: LOUD) -- something like, "BS - you're in violation of HIPPA by displaying my medical information in an open area -- whether the dentist is present or not."  From what you described about this "open environment" there is no reasonable expectation of privacy, so nothing private should be displayed.  PERIOD! End of story!!
I agree that knowing your status is pertinent -- but that is why a doctor should scan your chart for all "pertinent" info prior to seeing you, or while saying hello, etc.....  highlight those pieces of info in the front of the chart.  It's pertinent, not for him or his staff -- but so he can properly care for YOU.

I wouldn't have freaked out, but I would made a scene if they gave me the BS they gave you....  however, I suspect you might be right that they will change this practice because you called them on it.  so -- good for you!!!

Mike
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2013 691/31% <20

Offline Ptrk3

« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 06:55:52 PM »
I'm not a lawyer and don't pretend to be, but most of the HIPPA violation related actions are administrative and may, at worst, end up with a fine that goes to the administrative entity that takes the action (such as the U.S. DOJ civil rights division or a similar state entity).  As such, a HIPPA violation is not the type of action that would necessarily end up with a monetary settlement to the one harmed.  That person, I believe, would have to take a civil action on his or her own, and show actual damages and emotional damages (i.e., did someone in the waiting room notice the board, call your boss, and have you fired, something like that, something that caused a harm, not just an embarrassment).

That said, I do think it is clear that the eraser board is, in fact, a clear HIPPA violation.  The dentist office is stupid and insensitive beyond question for doing that.  It is breathtaking to me that they are so stupid.  They must come from a family tree that, as they say, does not branch.  I agree with the previous poster who suggested that it makes you wonder about their professional competence.

But, of course, it's your call how you want to pursue it, since you are the person with the claim.

If I were in your situation (and I was in a similar situation where, in fact, my status was revealed to a friend by a doctor, and I had told no one up to that time or since, about my status, so the revelation was very painful to me and remains so, I would make it very clear to the dentist that such a display will not happen again, and if it does you will pursue all appropriate administrative and civil remedies at your disposal, including the training of all staff on HIPPA).  In my case, the intern/resident just made a mistake (in an ER situation, so things were murky) and he thought my friend was in the know.  I still called the hospital and let it be known that the revelation was very embarrassing to me and that I had been outed by private information that, for the time being, I planned to take to my grave.  I wanted them to tell he intern to be much more careful in future, a teaching moment.  As painful as it was for me, I did not think the case merited Federal or civil action (it was a mistake, a bad one, but not intentional, I believe).  They assure me that the medical director would take to the young intern/resident (I have not followed up, but I trust that they have).

I do agree with the poster, also, who implies that you have sort of an obligation to make sure that the dentist takes corrective action in the future.  For you, there is dignity and nobility in taking a firm stance with the dentist.  Sometimes that's all those of us "pozzies" can do, maintain our dignity and nobility.  The dental office needs to acknowledge that what they did was improper and cease such action in the future for everybody (as you correctly point out, even a "diabetic" should not have that status bandied about so casually and in public.

I'm sorry this happened to you.  It should not have.  There is no excuse or defense for this type of display.  Why not force you to wear a "pink triangle," while they are at it?  All dentist these days wear gloves, so what extra precaution would be needed, anyway?  But it does seem to me, with the facts as you present them, that the people involved are simply stupid, not cruel.  But, as Dean Wormer once said, "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to get through life, son."

Offline zach

• not fade away
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 08:29:17 PM »
you can't have been the only patient with a health condition, what did their little board say about other patients? even of them have like erectile dysfunction or something? herpes maybe? (anybody see family guy last night?) and like you said, it didn't list your other health problems, only hiv.

i'd write a short letter, outline why i'm dropping the dentist, and be done with them. maybe give the dentist the opportunity to apologize and correct the issue. "teachable moment" sort of thing.

thats the moral high road though, i usually opt for the gutter

Offline Ptrk3

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 08:40:03 PM »
Zach:

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."  (Oscar Wilde, who may have died of tertiary syphilis, the "aids" of its day, but that is under dispute by some experts).

Offline zach

• not fade away
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 08:51:05 PM »
did you really just quote animal house in one post, then oscar wilde in your next?

join me in the gutter, its good company

Offline Ptrk3

« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 08:54:32 PM »
Zach:  yep, "I dooed it" (Red Skelton).

I'm an eclectic little bugger, eh?

Offline whizzer

« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 09:36:00 PM »
I think many of you might find this helpful:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/

HIPAA is operated by the Office of Civil Rights branch of HHS.
Violations are taken seriously, and may incur both monetary penalties and jail time, both for the administrators permitting it and the individuals committing the violation.

The laws don't work if you don't hold the violators' feet to the fire.

Of course, your doctor has to be a covered entity in order to be covered by HIPAA.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 09:45:50 PM »
I think many of you might find this helpful:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/

HIPAA is operated by the Office of Civil Rights branch of HHS.
Violations are taken seriously, and may incur both monetary penalties and jail time, both for the administrators permitting it and the individuals committing the violation.

The laws don't work if you don't hold the violators' feet to the fire.

Of course, your doctor has to be a covered entity in order to be covered by HIPAA.

― Dr. Seuss

Offline wolfter

« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:27:47 AM »
This is where I might have gotten a bit more forceful (read: LOUD) -- something like, "BS - you're in violation of HIPPA by displaying my medical information in an open area -- whether the dentist is present or not."  From what you described about this "open environment" there is no reasonable expectation of privacy, so nothing private should be displayed.  PERIOD! End of story!!
I agree that knowing your status is pertinent -- but that is why a doctor should scan your chart for all "pertinent" info prior to seeing you, or while saying hello, etc.....  highlight those pieces of info in the front of the chart.  It's pertinent, not for him or his staff -- but so he can properly care for YOU.

I wouldn't have freaked out, but I would made a scene if they gave me the BS they gave you....  however, I suspect you might be right that they will change this practice because you called them on it.  so -- good for you!!!

Mike

Exactly, I didn't freak about it.  But I hope I changed their worst practices.  I am not even 50 yet and had a crown installed so I needed to be nice. 

My true concern is for how others would deal with this.  I obviously have nerves beyond most and ain't afraid to display them. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #33 on: Today at 08:56:58 AM »
pure 100% privacy is a pipe-dream at best and unattainable in reality anyway. That's why it's called "going out in public". ;)

I've truly learned this through the years.  Privacy laws are a great concept but are unrealistic at best.  I've had several instances where I was "outed" about my status.  The first few times it pissed me off but I've learned to take it in stride.

I had my first heart attack on a Friday evening in July of 01.  I ignored the symptoms and went to work on Monday morning as usual.  My boss took one look at me and ordered me to head straight to the hospital which was very close to us.  She had a co-worker drive me.

After being tested in the ER, they came in and said my heart enzyme test was positive and moved me to a room with another person in it.  I sat and chatted with my co-worker until the cardiologist showed up.  Andi stepped right outside the room so we could discuss my situation.  Within mere moments, the doctor stated that according to my chart, I'm HIV positive. 

I kinda didn't hear a whole lot more after that.  Andi later explained to me that she heard the doctor and was very supportive through the years.  Later that day, my roommate whispered to his visitors that I had HIV.  Of course I whispered loudy that I did.  :)

Offline bubba53

« Reply #34 on: Today at 09:37:10 AM »
Do HIPPA laws vary from state to state  ?  I would have been WAY pissed off if my status were broadcast on a chalk board ! Just blows me away,  sounds like something you'd see while waiting to see a grade school nurse . Just curious , did any other patients have their medical issues displayed, example...diabetes , high blood pressure ,  flu , hep c ,  two rows of teeth ?  ? Good for you for standing up to them & hope you gave them a good wake up call  !!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.