HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

+/-?

(1/1)

hannover:
Whether tell me please can i trust analyses Home Access Hiv 1 test?(from Wallgreens)TKS

rick_nh:
The Home Access test is the only home self-test that is approved by the US FDA (United States Food & Drug Administration). This means that the FDA has thoroughly tested the Home Access test for reliability.

More information here: http://www.fda.gov/cber/infosheets/hiv-home2.htm

Here is what the US FDA does:

The FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nationís food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation. The FDA is also responsible for advancing the public health by helping to speed innovations that make medicines and foods more effective, safer, and more affordable; and helping the public get the accurate, science-based information they need to use medicines and foods to improve their health. (taken from www.fda.gov)

Matty the Damned:
Hannover,

Whilst the Home Access test is reliable, I wonder if there is a specific risk you'd like to discuss with us. Perhaps having an antibody test performed in a medical setting by an appropriately qualified clinician with pre and post test counselling would be more helpful for you.

Especially if you're confused about the efficacy of the test you've purchased. I would encourage you to read our Welcome Thread.

Rick,

It's nice that you want to help, but I think you'd do better in your own thread. You're hardly in a position to advise others.

MtD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version