POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 02:35:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642845
  • Total Topics: 48904
  • Online Today: 213
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 159
Total: 161

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV ACCLERATED INTERVENTION BY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT  (Read 1253 times)

Offline tyrellclay

HIV ACCLERATED INTERVENTION BY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
« on: June 13, 2009, 09:33:50 AM »
UGH...Ok, now let me start by saying, UGH.  My partner and I have been together for a few months exceeding four years now.  We were very careful in the beginning to make sure transmission was the least of our worried.  We were very very safe for the first couple of years.  After about 2 years of being together he told me one day taht he didnt care anymore and he loved me and it didnt matter if we were both poz.  I told him that no, we would continue to be safe.  Eventually, I gave in, and just wet with him on his decision.  He has always tested negative until last week when he went to get tested.  He is now positive negative and I am very overwhelmed.  I feel a great deal of guilt about this situation, although, I know in my head that it was a 50/50 decision.  I then received a call fromt he health department stating that I had to attend a 4 session HIV accelerated Intervention because now I am a public health threat.  I am not sure how they can take our partnership as a public health threat.  We are very monogamous and I havent slept with anyone other than him in 4 and a half years.  I AM SO FRUSTRATED with the public health department.  When I received my results fromt his very same health department on August 10, 2004, they kept me in a room for six hours "evaluating" my reaction.  At the time all I wanted was a damn cigarette.   I do NOT want to deal with these people again, and do NOT feel like I am obligated to.  PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.  I have already contacted my attorney and he says there is nothing they can do to force me, but the young lady that called me said they will take "any action they seem fit".  They have already come to my place of work looking for my partner(you see i run a hotel and we live on property as well) and left business cards for him to call them at my front desk.  Isn't there some privacy law that prevents this??  I don't know, I am just at my wits end, PLEASE, even if it is what I do NOT want to hear, I need advice

Thank You
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: HIV ACCLERATED INTERVENTION BY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »
If you encounter any more problems dealing with the health department you, with your partner, should go to a local AIDS service organization and discuss this with their staff.  They should be used to dealing with the state/local health department on a wide variety of issues.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline HereIAm

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »
And, if dealing with the ASO doesn't work or help, get a lawyer!

There are lawyers who have intervened with the Health Department in several different states.  Some will do it for free (pro bono).  If you need help finding one, write me privately.  I probably have some resources to help you find one wherever you are, if it is in the United States.

I know the Health Department can be ridiculous, in some cases.

Regards.
Tested Positive 10 Sept 2008.
24 Sept 2008:  CD 4: 23;   1%;  VL: 770,709
1st Oct 2008:  Started Atripla
4 Dec 2008:  CD 4: 145; 8%, VL: 209
1 March 2009:  CD 4: 91; 8%, VL: 49 (undet)
1 June 2009:  CD 4: 164; 11%, VL: 61
8 July 2011:  CD 4: 286; 17%, VL Undet
28 Oct 2011: CD 4: 346; 21%, VL Undet
2 Mar 2012: CD 4: 316; 20%, VL 6800 (probably an error)
12 Apr 2012: CD 4: 333; 21%, VL Undet

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
And, if dealing with the ASO doesn't work or help, get a lawyer!

I believe he stated he already spoke with a lawyer.  I should have added that why I specified the ASO, is that generally (but of course depending on resources, definitely likely in a city) they'll have some sort of legal resource, generally a pro bono arrangement for such things, but to access them you'll need to start at the ASO.

However, I kind of find all of this odd from the beginning.  I'm assuming that the newly infected positive partner specified tyrellclay's name on some sort of form when he tested positive?
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.