HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Thankyou

(1/1)

jamesf:
Just wanted to post a thankyou to this board. You're probably not sure what you've done, so I'll tell you......:

Recently applied for insurance on a mortgage, to get this I had to have a HIV test. Now although I would consider myself low risk (heterosexual, last 10 years had a couple of one night stands, mostly protected, and 3 long term girlfriends) then you still get worried.

See, I had taken risks in the past.

I also had a lot to lose.

And your brain can do funny things...... (amazing how many seroconversion "symptoms" you can remember/create)

Anyway, landed on this forum and though I lurked, you guys helped put things into perspective. You helped make me feel relaxed and a LOT less worried. I began to realise it would be hard for me to be HIV positive and the stats were on my side.

I don't quite get the people that keep testing negative but seem obsessed by the disease either. And why they think this forum is a better place to find out HIV status than a blood test I'll never know.

Test came back negative so I probably won't be back, but just a big thankyou for making the last 7 days easier to deal with.

Thankyou again and live long, happy and well.

James.

Ann:
James,

Glad we could help. And just in case you missed it during your lurking sessions...

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version