Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:26:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: New Advice..Pls help..  (Read 19160 times)

Offline ww2009

New Advice..Pls help..
« on: May 13, 2009, 08:46:08 am »
Hi all,

I did my HIV 1/2 antibodies test via AFA annonymous rapid testing, on Tuesday. My test was negative and the last exposure was actually 4 years ago, Aug 2005.

I did have protected sex with sex workers in 2003 and i tested negative almost 6 months after the last incident.

In Aug 2005, I received unprotected oral from a classmate. That was last exposure. I tested negative in nov 2005, 3 months after the incident.

As I am getting married in a couple of months, I decide to do another test, yesterday, to seek closure. The test was as mentioned negative. 4 yrs after the last incident.

With this i suposed, I can close on this chapter and move on right, 4 years!!

The HIV tests which I went through is known as rapid test, 20 mins. Blood prick over a strip. Abbott is the manufacturer. According to the tester, there is really no point for me to ask about accuracy because test kits are not 100%.  The manufacturers can only guarantee up to 99% and AfA cannot guarantee you 100% because they are not the manufacturers and  can only work with guidelines provided by the manufacturer.

he further mentioned that my results are "conclusive". Yet, it puzzles me, hoe can the results be conclusive yet be 99% accurate? id there a point i am not getting here?

Secondly, how does this test,rapid antibody test different from the one at day clinic, in which i would have blood taken directly for EIA/WB, and have to wait for 3 days. In terms of accuracy and results?

Is the latter 100%? Or no test in the world can be 100%??? It is weird that that at least 100 ppl goes for the rapid test, guidelines given 1-3 windows period, and they are saying its only 99%.

I am really hoping for closure, seriously, its been too long.. Pls advice me what i should do, or what i shld be telling myself, to allow myself to move on

Any advice, by Andy, Rapidrod, would be greatly appreciated....pls..

My question is, is the rapid test by AFA as accurate as the elisa test, done by DSC?

Offline RapidRod

Re: New Advice..Pls help..
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:23:56 am »
It's not 99% it's 100% you tested way beyond the window period. You are conclusively negative.

Offline ww2009

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:40:50 am »

hi rapid,

how does it becomes from 99% to 100%?

becos i tested after 4? but naturally for those who test 3 months after exposure, the test remains 99% acurate, as highlighted by manufacturer?

Second Qs, how does this rapid HIV 1/2 antibody test different from the one at a day clinic, in which i would have blood taken directly for EIA/WB, and have to wait for 3 days. In terms of accuracy and results and functions?

Offline ww2009

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:45:24 am »
Just another qs,

foremost apologies on my anxiety and paranoia,

Upon entering the DSC clinic for the rapid test, all were required to undergo a temperature check. I have told the man performing the temperature taking that I would not like to share the same ear thermometer as I have severe anxiety. However he proceeded to say that if I don't have it taken, I would not be able to take the test.

I was left with no choice, and took my temp. My question is, by sharing the ear thermomometer from one person to another, is there potential risk with regards to HIV involved? I am not sure if a ear probe was placed outside the thermometer for each new person, but supposedly it wasnt, are there any risks at all? from wax or blood from a cut from the ear of another person to another??

am i being extremely paranoid?

pls advice..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:47:44 am by ww2009 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:05 am »
No test will ever give you a 100% answer. That's the way it is.

HIV is not transmittable via a thermometer or any other object in ordinary life usage.

All of the tests you mentioned are reliable and FDA-approved.

You are worrying needlessly.

You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 11:03:38 am »
hii andy and rapidrod and the other experts,

i m just posing out of curiousity,

supposedly using the same thermometer for two person,wax or blood from a cut from the ear of another person to another, posed no risk for hiv infection..

why is that so? is it because the blood cant get into the body system via the ear or virus is too fragile, even if it the thermometer comes into contact with it and subsequently onto the ear of the other person..i mean what is science behind the "no" answer..

thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 11:08:32 am »
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected vaginal or anal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to infant.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out, which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:10:42 am by RapidRod »

Offline ww2009

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 10:17:42 pm »

Hi Rapidrod and all the other experts here,

First and foremost I apologize, if my questions sound irrational or over the top..I am not being a troll, far from it

i sincerely apologize, however, it has really been bugging me and I desperately trying to shake it off.

I do totally appreciate and understand that HIV can be spread by unprotected sex, sharing of needles, breast milk or mother to child.

However, given this situation, in which i mentioned, the same thermometer used on one person is used on another person, and if supposedly the first person has a cut or slight blood on the ear, does this still pose a risk to the other person, if he too have the smallest of cut on the ear.

Overall, what I want to know is, is there any small/miniscule risk involved, or absolutely zero, impossible chance of HIV being transmitted? Thats is all that I want to find out and hopefully resolve my doubt.

Pls advice and I promise to move on from this.

Offline ww2009

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:18:31 am »
hi ann, rapidrod, andy, any help...pls your advice would mean so muc to me

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 03:48:01 am »
ww,

Hiv is not transmitted from object in the environment, and that includes thermometers. Not one person has ever been infected in this way and you will not be the first.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ww2009

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 04:10:52 am »
hi ann,

thanks for the reply.

meaning to say, even though the first person may have a small cut or tiny drop of blood in his ear, and the thermometer was inserted and the same thermometer used on another person, with potential blood stain, does not posed any risk?

is this because the moment the thermometer is removed from the first person, the blood that contains the virus dies when expose to the atmosphere or is it because theres no way for the blood to enter the bloodstream thru the ears?

ann, appreciate your thots on this
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:37:37 am by ww2009 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:00:46 am »
ww,

It's a combination of things. First, hiv is a very fragile virus. Its outer surface doesn't take kindly to changes in its preferred environment; slight changes in temperature, moisture content and pH levels all damage the outer surface. Importantly, it needs this outer surface to be intact before it can latch onto a few, very specific cell types and infect. And there's another factor. The cells which hiv can infect are not found in your ear canal, nor are they found on intact skin or in small nicks or cuts in your skin.

The cells that hiv can infect in you, as a man, are found inside your urethra (where you pee/cum from), the inside of your foreskin (if you have one) and in the inside of your anus. This is why all you need to do to protect yourself from hiv infection is use condoms.

Nothing you have brought to us has been a risk for hiv infection. That's why you've repeatedly tested hiv negative - and you ARE hiv negative. If you cannot put this behind you, I suggest you seek counseling. We cannot help you with your anxiety issues here.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Your wife-to-be should also have a complete sexual health check-up before your marriage. It's what responsible adults do.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ww2009

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 05:24:03 am »
hi ann,

thanks for the inputs, sincerely appreciate it.

i have not gotten involved in any kind of sexual activities over the past 4 yrs..

the reason for the anxiety is because i am getting married in a couple of months, and i just want things to be perfect for myself n my wife.

i am trying my best to cope with the anxiety.....thanks for the inputs on the cells..will help me cope better definitely..

how best do i deal with this? i am not sure..but i do hope i found a way..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 06:38:33 am »
ww,

As I said to you above, "Your wife-to-be should also have a complete sexual health check-up before your marriage. It's what responsible adults do."

As for coping with your anxiety, you need to seek face-to-face counseling. We cannot help you with this aspect here; in this forum we ONLY discuss risk factors and give testing information.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:00:14 am »
Ann has covered matters very thoroughly. I am only responding now because you PM'd me again.

There was absolutely no risk of transmission from the thermometer, which is what you asked me about.

You also need to know that as exciting as approaching marriage can be, it also not uncommonly causes a lot of anxiety for a variety of reasons. So perhaps some of this factually unwarranted fear and concern about HIV transmission is related to that. Your both having a full STD panel done should clear away any reality-based concerns. If you find the fears are still weighing in significantly then investing in your future by seeing a counselor or other professional to address the emotional aspects of your situation is a good idea.

Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 08:47:01 am »
Hi Andy and Ann,

Thanks for ur advices, sincerely appreciate them

i guess the point that both of you are trying to make is that, considering the scenario regarding the thermometer, in which there was blood on one person's ear and that same thermometer was used on another person, there was just no way HIV can be transmitted this way. It is just not possible through the ear canal.This was elaborated by Ann, on the factors which permits the transmision of the virus.

Thus Andy and Ann, am i right to say , considering the risks and way the virus transmits, there was no way HIV can be transmitted based on e scenario above? If you both, give me a solid YES, that HIV cant be transmitted this way, to this 1 question...., I swear I would move on..is that possible??? as i've been reading your advices, but i have yet to find that "comfort answer" i was looking for...

would be grateful eternally if u both could do that

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 09:12:40 am »
OK. To repeat. You had no risk whatsoever.

And I am going to warn you that you are rapidly approaching the point of getting a Time Out for coming back again and again with the same concern when you have clearly been told that you weren't at risk.
Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 11:54:18 pm »
Hi Ann, Andy, Rapidrod,

Hope you guys are doing great.

I was just reading the forums and stumble upon the post posted by "Bythebay", in just tested positive forum..and I like many of the fellow posters in "Am I Infected" forum, were slightly shocked.

I am sure, myself, like many others, would like to know, how is this possible? I mean, I have been reading the forums, and it has been said that 3 months after a negative result, would be definitive, conclusive.

In the event of BytheBay, he had taken the tests, 3 months after his last exposure, and the tests were negatives. He also mentioned that he did not have any exposures after his last exposure. So how was it possible that, say, testing at 6-7 months after the exposure, he obtained a positive result?

I am slightly confused by his posting, and like many of us, dealing with the fear and anxiety, would really welcome clarification from your kind self (andy, rapid, ann), on the actual situation and if indeed, we were missing out on something? does still mean that 3 month test are not conclusive?

appreciate your kindest inputs

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 05:44:01 am »
1. You shouldn't have been in that forum.
2. Don't believe everything you read.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 08:44:11 am »
The report you are getting worked up about is an unconfirmed one.

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than to look for things to feed your fears with? You are HIV negative. In terms of sexual risk, you can stay that way by always using condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse. It's just that simple. l

Now, get on with your life and stop looking for trouble.
Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 05:26:47 am »

Hi Andy, Rapid, Ann

Thank you for replies. Much appreciated.

It is just at times, I do get fearful about possible infection even though i had the negative tests.

I had protected vaignal sex with almost 70-80 sex workers (I dunnoe why i did those tings) over e span of 3 years, and unprotected oral ocassionally, and thankfully my HIV tests came back negative and I have also tested for all the STDs, in which all was negative too.

Only once, did the condom broke, back in 2002-2003, and I was exposed for 20-30 seconds, in which I notice and quickly replace e condom immediately..this freak me out

I really2 want to move on, start a new life, a family, but at times I am so afraid i mite affect the person i reali love..my wife

I believe, my last test, 4.5 years after my last exposure, is certainly enough right? I am tired mentally too..but bottomline, at times, I am just afraid, that I mite infect someone, or I mite be infected..70-80 protected sex, and I am negative..at times i realli feel i am extrmely lucky, or is it entirely due to e fact, that i had PROTECTED vaginal intercourses!!

appreciate your kindest comments n inputs..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:01 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 08:39:15 am »
There is nothing to add to what has already been said. What you are basically talking about now is anxiety which may or may not be about your approaching marriage. Even happy events can stir up a lot of mixed feelings. We cannot help you with that in this setting. See a therapist or other professional to do some sorting out about that.

All we can tell you with certainty is that HIV is not your problem. You are HIV negative.

This is your last warning. If you come back here again about this you're going to get a 28 day Time Out from the site. HIV is not your problem. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 01:46:24 am »
hi andy,

thanks for ur advice..

i am trying to get my life back and maybe forget bout this HIV issues altogether.

with me getting married and planning for a child, sometimes i am just afraid i mite hurt or possibly infect my loved ones..despite my negative tests..i noe i have to deal with this "obsession"

i am trying to move on, be rational and be strong, for myself and family.

pls pray that i will be able to overcome all this soonest..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 03:16:19 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 08:18:41 am »
Get some professional help with your obsession about HIV.

We can't help you with that problem in this setting. If you come back here again you are going to get a Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 11:47:11 pm »
hi andy, rapid and Ann,

I would just like to ask 1 final question and i would be greatly indebted for your advise

As mentioned, for my last test, 4 years after my exposure, i did a rapid test and obtain a negative result.

In fact for all my tests, I had been tested using rapid test kits. results in 20 minutes.fingerprick blood onto a test strip

Feb 2004 - 2.5 months after last protected vaginal sex exposure - negative
End of Feb 2004 - 3 months after - negative
May 2004 - 6 months after - negative

Nov 2005 - 3 months after oral sex exposure (received) - negative
May 2009 - 1 final recent test - negative

All these tests are done via rapid test kits. My question is, are rapid test kits as accurate and definitive as a full blood test in a laboratory, ie ELISA? Or must I do 1 elisa to confirm all these results?

Appreciate your inputs..thank u guys..

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 12:07:37 am »
Why did you test to begin with? Certainly not over those ZERO RISK incidents.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ww2009

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 01:37:42 am »
dear jk,

as per earliest,

i tested as i had almost 50-60 incidents with sex workers (protected vaginal intercourse) and there was some unprotected oral (receiving).

in one of the incidents, e condom broke, where i was exposed for about 20-30 seconds, before i realized and quickly change the condom..that was in 2002-2003

thus, all these tests were done as well as that i am getting married

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 01:41:10 am »
I am glad you are negative. Your broken condom incident was the only slight risk you have had. But you are conclusively, absolutely, negative.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 01:43:07 am »
dear jk,

as per earliest,

i tested as i had almost 50-60 incidents with sex workers (protected vaginal intercourse) and there was some unprotected oral (receiving).

in one of the incidents, e condom broke, where i was exposed for about 20-30 seconds, before i realized and quickly change the condom..that was in 2002-2003

thus, all these tests were done as well as that i am getting married

As we have explained to you HIV is not transmitted via protected vaginal or anal sex. Receiving a blow job (protected or unprotected) is not a risk for HIV transmission either.

Certain STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea CAN be transmitted via unprotected oral sex (giving or receiving) and you should consider being tested for those in light of your upcoming marriage.

I agree with JK, you are HIV negative.

MtD

Offline ww2009

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 03:35:19 am »
hi matty,

i had indeed tested for all the other stds as well,and thankfully they were negative as well.

i gues dats it? i can take the results of my final rapid test, live with it..and not worry bout HIV anymore

like my earlier qs, these rapid test are good enough rite, and I do not have to do an ELISA i suppose?

i really dont wish to test no more..

appreciate your advise..jk, matt

i am seeking counselling help as well..

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:47:13 am by ww2009 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 06:06:59 am »
ww,

Yes, that's it, you're totally and conclusively hiv negative and it's time you got on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ww2009

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 04:51:41 am »
dear ann,

thank you for your reply and encouragement.

i have one final qs, since 2004, due to my anxiety with regards to HIV, i have been put on anti-depressants by my doctor, ie 50 mg zoloft and 10 mg (ativan -lorazepam)

will taking these anti depressants, in any slightest way affect e results of my hiv tests? i assume not, but it wld b great to hear from u all

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 05:27:53 am »
dear ann,

thank you for your reply and encouragement.

i have one final qs, since 2004, due to my anxiety with regards to HIV, i have been put on anti-depressants by my doctor, ie 50 mg zoloft and 10 mg (ativan -lorazepam)

will taking these anti depressants, in any slightest way affect e results of my hiv tests? i assume not, but it wld b great to hear from u all

Those medications have no effect on the accuracy of an HIV antibody test.

MtD

Offline ww2009

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 01:45:46 am »
hi guys,

was just reading through the product specifications from Determine Hiv 1/2 official website (this is the rapid test kits that I have been tested on)  http://www.determinetest.com/about_hiv/faq.aspx

and under FAQ, there was this question:

Would a negative result conclude that a patient does not have HIV?

A negative result with Determine HIV does not exclude the possibility of infection with HIV. A false negative result can occur in the following circumstances;

low levels of antibody (e.g., early seroconversion specimens) are below the detection limit of the test

infection with a variant of the virus that is less detectable by the Determine HIV assay configuration

HIV antibodies in the patient that do not react with specific antigens utilized in the assay configuration - in exceptional cases this may lead to observation of false negative results

specimens handling conditions which result in loss of HIV antibody multivalency.

what does this means? i do understand point 1..but what bout point 2 and 3...omg..i am freakin out, i have started planning for a family with my wife, trying to accept my negative status, and now this?

god..help me!!! this is posted by the manufacturer themselves!!

any advise or medical explanations guys!! sincerely and deeply appreciate!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:34:36 am by ww2009 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2010, 06:43:41 am »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 07:18:20 am »
As you have been told repeatedly you are HIV negative. There is nothing more to discuss with you at this point about test results and details of the test. Your HIV status is clearly negative. Period. End of story.

Your feelings and worries about it are another matter. Get some professional help with that so you that you can get on with your life. We cannot resolve that for you in this setting.

I'm giving you the Time Out for four weeks which you have been warned about several times. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name. We'll spot that right away and doing that will get you permanently banned from this site.

You are HIV negative. You can safely have intercourse with your wife without any fear of transmitting a virus to her which you don't have.

Get yourself some professional help.
Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 03:50:57 am »
hi all,

need your advice and support

i deciced to do one final test via a hospital lab. as mentioned in my earliest posts, i have gone through a series of test, but using rapid test kits.

i had went to the hospital, as i having a rash on my arm n feet (turns out later to be Hand Foot and Mouth virus disease)..i recovered within 4 days

however, due to the fear that the rash cld be HIV related, i decided once and for all to do an ELISA test. i told the doctor i wanted the results on the same day. he submitted an urgent request.and of cos i had to pay slightly more.

blood was drawn from me and submitted to the lab. i was told to come back after 2 hours. it was an ELISA test, hiv1/2 antibody and antigen. YES, the test was negative. almost 7 years from last vaginal sex and 5 years from last oral sex. 8 years from condom break incident

my question is, as this is the first time i had done a full lab blood test, as i had the HFMD virus in me the same day that I did the HIV test, does it affect the accuracy of the antibody test? cross virus?ie flu?

this morning, i woke up and discovered 2 light spots on my left and right biceps..yes..i am freaking out.i m nt sure..what this is..i m realli hoping it is not hiv related...i am soo afraid rite now..as my wife n i has been regularly been havin unprotected sex, as we hope to have a kid soon.. n now i am realli afraid..

i was doing very fine..off anti-depresant, feeling good at hm n werk..til this spots appeared..

help me guys..

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 04:47:04 am »
Your next time out will be 56 days long. You should remember that before you post again.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 07:27:17 am »
ww,

What the hell is your problem?

YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. H. I. V. Knock it off already.

And yes, like Matty says, your next time out will be for 56 days.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ww2009

Re: Need Advice..Pls help..
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 05:18:02 am »
Hi Andy, Ann and the rest of the experts here,

Sadly I am back in this forum and I would really appreciate if you could assess if there was any risk with regards to HIV infection on my end.

In mid may, I had visited a massage parlor. The only sexual act was that she masturbated me via a handjob. I had my underwear on at all times and her hands was only touching me on the outside (no direct hands to genital contacts). The incident may have lasted about 5-7 mins.

My question is, assuming she had some cum on her hands that were not properly washed for her previous client, and she had touched my genitals from the outside and it kind touch the penis opening, are there any risk of her transmitting HIV to me? I am freaking out here..pls help and if a test is warranted..

How long does the virus remain active outside the body?

What about other STIs infecton, chlamydia etc? I have been getting this weird urine infection a week since the incident..pls guys tell me what i should do!!tnks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 07:27:50 am »
You do not have an HIV concern. HIV is not transmitted by masturbation.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2012, 08:01:56 am »
ww,

Once again, you have not had a risk for hiv infection. Re-read your entire thread. If you had, you would not have had to ask this latest question. We have already explained to you how hiv is and is not transmitted.

You will not be permitted to keep coming back with more questions over this NO RISK situation. If you do, you WILL be given a second time out that will last for 56 days.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ww2009

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 07:59:17 pm »
hi all, i know i keep tripping up n coming back, i hate myself for this but i really need your advise. last friday i visited a massage parlor n all that happend was that she rubbed my penis n i fingered her briefly for about 20 secs.i also sucked her nipples briefly for about 5 secs. we had our clothes fully on at all times. upon which i quickly rush off to e toilet to hv my mouth rinse. i did not know if i had any vaginal fluids on my finger as result of e brief fingering. while running my hands thru e tap n putting e water in mouth for rinsing, is there any risk to hiv infection suppose i accidentally swallow a bit of e fluids while rinsing? pls pls advice- i really need some answers. this is e last time i m ever getting involved with casual masturbation or sex. thnks guys

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 09:29:10 pm »
hi all, i know i keep tripping up n coming back, i hate myself for this but i really need your advise. last friday i visited a massage parlor n all that happend was that she rubbed my penis n i fingered her briefly for about 20 secs.i also sucked her nipples briefly for about 5 secs. we had our clothes fully on at all times. upon which i quickly rush off to e toilet to hv my mouth rinse. i did not know if i had any vaginal fluids on my finger as result of e brief fingering. while running my hands thru e tap n putting e water in mouth for rinsing, is there any risk to hiv infection suppose i accidentally swallow a bit of e fluids while rinsing? pls pls advice- i really need some answers. this is e last time i m ever getting involved with casual masturbation or sex. thnks guys

Om your way out the proverbial door, please reread your thread - in which your questions have been addressed over and over and over.

Your next time out will be for 56 days. Had I the power to implement it, I would. You have clearly chosen to learn nothing about HIV or your own irrational fear thereof.

Welcome Thread

Offline ww2009

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 11:55:12 pm »
hi jk.. meaning i m 100% safe.n there was absolutely no risk at all. if i had goten some fluids onto my mouth while rinsing my mouth? i just want to b absolutely certain n i m nt trolling as i do hv real fears.. thnk u

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 12:05:39 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 08:10:18 am »
Yes, you are absolutely safe.

You need to get some professional help about your unwarranted HIV fears. We cannot help you with that in this setting.

For the last time, only unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are confirmed risks for the transmission of HIV sexually. Nothing else.

If you come back again with more of your unfounded fears you are going to find yourself getting a 56 day Time Out or possibly being banned permanently.

Consider this your last warning.
Andy Velez

Offline ww2009

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 09:17:41 pm »
hi andy/rapid, thnk u for ur kind replies and advice. been feeling very worried lately. overall, my real concern was that as result of e fingering n subsequent rinsing of my mouth using e same hand, i mite hv accidentally swallowed some vaginal fluids. are there really no risks at all involved? will e virus just die once it reaches e stomach? how does it work? been getting flu, runny nose n cold sweats on n off since e incident n been really woried.. pls advice for e last time as it is really assuring to hear frm u guys.. tnk u

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.