Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Triglycerides

(1/3) > >>

BlueJ:
My triglycerides are high.  Really high, above 500.  All my other tests are fine, standard cholesterol tests, blood pressure, etc.

I'm not sure of the numbers in the past, but I know they have always been high.  I remember having blood tests 13 years ago before I was poz and being told they were high.

I have been on meds for 1.5 years now and after having been told my triglycerides are high at every visit, my doctor has now cut down my Norvir to one pill.  From what I gather in the Lessons section, this triglyceride issues may be a result of PIs.  I'm assuming this change is to lessen the "boost."

I did some reading online and get mixed results.  All sites seem to say high tyiglycerides are not good, but also seem to say that it goes hand-in-hand with high "bad cholesterol" which I don't have.  Then I found a reference to "metabolic syndrome x" referring to people that have high triglycerides without high cholesterol whos tissues don't respond normally to insulin.  (and let me say, if I'm going to have any syndrome, at least that's got a great name)

So I'm hoping others can relate any experience with their own triglycerides.  Should I assume this med change will have a positive effect, should I mention this syndrome X at my next visit?  Since my triglyerides have always been high should I not really worry about it?  Knowing that I'm a big guy (40 lbs overweight) should I assume this is more weight related than med related?

sdcabincrew74:
What meds are you on?

When I was on Kaletra, mine went to 900+.  After two weeks on reyataz with a norvir boost (1 pill) they dropped back to 160ish and have stayed there ever since.

BlueJ:

--- Quote from: sdcabincrew74 on August 09, 2006, 02:26:47 AM ---What meds are you on?

When I was on Kaletra, mine went to 900+.  After two weeks on reyataz with a norvir boost (1 pill) they dropped back to 160ish and have stayed there ever since.

--- End quote ---
I am on Epzicom, Viread, Lexiva and Norvir (now 1 pill instead of 2).

GSOgymrat:
My triglycerides were 1600+ on Kaletra and dropped to 400 when I went off it.

Rightbrain:
BlueJ,

I'm on the one pill reg. (Sustiva, veread, Emtriva) and my triglycerides have been up to 600 but typically in the 400's.  Since my last test I have been watching what I eat and working out like a fiend.  Hopefully this will make a difference.  We'll see after the next test.

brother joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version