POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 01:08:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23519
  • Latest: Krn1234
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639737
  • Total Topics: 48562
  • Online Today: 221
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 173
Total: 178

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: please help me  (Read 3221 times)

Offline lotoffear

please help me
« on: May 02, 2009, 03:05:42 PM »
hi all,

sorry for my english. iam from austria.
i a man and hetero.
i have a risk with sexworker (women) at 30 december 2008.

2. january i go in hospital and he give me a PEP (Truvada). 70 hours after risksituation.

pep was from 2 january to 30 january.

at 15 April (10 weeks after pep) i become first symptoms for akute hiv infektion.
those were:
- sinusitis, for 7 days
- fever 38.0, for 5 days
- lymph node for 5 days
- diarrhea 2 days at the morning
- cough, 3 days
- 3 blain on my legs that pruritus
- throat inflammation, thil this day (15 Days)
- blain in my throat, thil this day (15 Days)
- pain if i swallowing, thil this day (15 Days)

at 27. april i go to my family doctor (not hiv spezialist), i dont tell him that i had a risk-situation and pep and he testing my immunsystem and make an a hiv-test (elisa ak-hiv1/hiv2).
this tests is 118 days after risksituation and 86 days after last pep-medikation. And 10 days after the beginning of my symptoms.

elisa was negativ. 118 Days after risk and 86 after last pep-medication

my immunsystem from 27.April.2009 is not good:
Lymphozyt = 900; Normal Range = 1000 - 3600
CD4 abs = 640; Normal Range = 300 - 2200
CD4 % = 43.0%; Normal Range = 30 - 62%
CD8 abs = 355; Normal Range = 200 - 1750
CD8 % = 24.0%; Normal Range = 21 - 49%
CD4/CD8-Ratio = 1.80; Normal Range = 0.7 - 2.8

my immunsystem 12 month (April 2008) further was
Lymphozyt = 1950; Normal Range = 1000 - 3600
CD4 abs = 850; Normal Range = 300 - 2200
CD4 % = 43.0%; Normal Range = 30 - 62%
CD8 abs = 530; Normal Range = 200 - 1750
CD8 % = 24.0%; Normal Range = 21 - 49%
CD4/CD8-Ratio = 1.6; Normal Range = 0.7 - 2.8

questions:
1. when is the conclusive hiv test after pep last pep-medication?
2. my symptoms i have today is throat inflammation, blain in my throat, pain if i swallowing and a not good immunsystem (see the testresults). is this a indication for an akute hiv infektion?
3. if i was in an akute hiv infektion 10 days, can the ak-test find antibodys or is this to soon for antibodys?
4. my cd4/cd8-ratio is 1,80, is this at the acute hiv infektion possible/normal? iam 36 years old and i smoke 3 paks cigarets a day the last 3 month since risk.

i have so much fear. please help me. PLEASE.

lotoffear

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: please help me
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 03:37:02 PM »
lot,

The window period following PEP is three months past your last dose of PEP.

You ARE conclusively hiv negative. You do not have hiv.

In future, wear a condom for anal or vaginal intercourse and you won't have this worry.

Again, you do NOT have hiv. Your negative result is conclusive.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:56:11 AM »
hello ann,

thank for your answer. big thank.

i read this night of "the body", "after pep the antibody-tests are 1, 3 and 6 month after last dose of pep.
why 6 month? ???

are you sure that 10 weeks after last dose of pe my symptoms is not an akute hiv infektion (ars)?
if there is a akute-hiv-infektion, can the elisa-test find antibodys at this time?
and is my cd4 fallen or cd4/cd8ratio a indication of akute-hivinfection?
can pep medication causing a fallen of my cd4 cells or fallen lymphozyts?

6 month wait for the conclusive test. please help me god.  :'(

this night i have another night-sweat-night.
yesterday i become one more blain on my legs that pruritus and two in my face.
but my biggest fear that i was in the akute hiv-infection is my throat inflammation and the cd4-fallen and lymphozyt under normal range. :-[
the throat inflammation this day was better, after 17 days.

do you mean that its better i make another hiv-elisa with pcr (all pcr for hiv1 and hiv2?
or can i yet sleep with me wife without condom?
what other std`s can i testing? syphilis, hep A, hep B, heb C? dunno.

thank you all for helping.
thank a lot ann. :-*

lotoffear

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 05:49:24 AM »
Move on. You do not have HIV.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 06:54:51 AM »
As Ann told you, you are conclusively HIV negative..all your tests are still within the normal range so you have nothing to worry about...move on, enjoy life.

Only a small group of people seroconvert after the 13 week window period, this group includes those who are receiving immuno-suppressive therapy after transplant procedures, cancer patients who are receiving chemotherapy and long term injecting drug users.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 11:07:45 AM »
Only a small group of people seroconvert after the 13 week window period, this group includes those who are receiving immuno-suppressive therapy after transplant procedures, cancer patients who are receiving chemotherapy and long term injecting drug users.

yes, but pep too, or not?

this day my throat inflammation is vanished. 17 day and vanished.
all is vanished. lymphnodes, throat inflammation, ALL vanished.
this is a a big symptom that i have passed acute infection.

can the elisa-test find antybodys if i stay in the acute hiv infection?

so much fear that i was positiv, and my elisatest was too early.

thanks all

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:54:29 PM »
nobody her?
please answer me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out, which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 03:35:01 PM »
sorry, excuse me please.
i have only quenstion, can pep delay antibodys?

tomorow i go to my doctor and make other tests for hiv.

ann and you say that my elisa is conclusive and i am negativ, END.

i hope you have right. i hope that so much.

Online Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 08:34:47 PM »
lot,

The window period following PEP is three months past your last dose of PEP.

You ARE conclusively hiv negative. You do not have hiv.

In future, wear a condom for anal or vaginal intercourse and you won't have this worry.

Again, you do NOT have hiv. Your negative result is conclusive.

Your are allowing your anxiety to keep you from really paying attention to you when your questions are answered. Ann has already told you as above that an HIV test needs to be done at 13 weeks after the completion of PEP. You have done that and tested negative. So you are HIV negative. Period. End of story. No further testing is necessary.

If you indulge in looking around the web you absolutely are going to find things that will feed your fears, all to no good or necessary purpose. HIV is not your problem. If you have symptoms which continue to bother you that is something to discuss with your doctor. Nothing you are describing is in any way HIV specific, but that's no surprise since you have reliably tested negative.

Now give up all this drama and get on with your life.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 04:43:09 AM »
will only say that.
1. 30.12.2008 i have risksituation with an sexworker that is positiv.
2. 02.01.2009 i beginn the pep 72 hours after risksitutaion.
3. 30.01.2009 ending pep medication.
4. iam feal fine till 10 weeks after pep.
5. 10 weeks after pep and 16 weeks after risikosituation i beocme the first symptoms.
this are: 17 days
- at first sinusitis, 1st to 7nd days
- fever 38.0, 2nd to 7nd day
- lymph node, 2nd to 7nd day
- diarrhea, 2nd and 3rd day, but only morning if i going out of bed
- cough, 7nd to 10th day
- 3 blain on my legs that pruritus and two in my face, duno wath days
- throat inflammation, 1ts to 17nd day
- blain in my throat, 1ts to 17nd day
- pain if i swallowing, 1ts to 17nd day
- night sweat, 5 days, comes and going
- i lost 2 kilo weight. bevor symptoms i weight 82 kilo, after symptoms 80.

at 18th day the last symptoms throat inflammation, pain if i swallowing is vanished. vanished alone. weird.

at the 10th day of my symptoms i make the lymphozyt test, that comes back alarming me.
see my cd-numbers

in the internet is wirtten to "low lymphozyt"
-HIV and Tumour

thats my fear. that i make the elisa test, that was 86 days after pep, and tath iis ok, but when i stay in the akute hiv infection can detect the elisa antibodys?

Yesterday my last symptoms , the throat is coing back. that was 6 days after my elisa test.

my 100% that i mean i was infectet is, the throat inflammation, night sweet (that i have this night too), and my damaged lymphozytztest at the time.
17 days troat inflammation is not normal for me. i have never had this in my life.

i hope that you have all right. God help us all.

after all i write, mean you although that i was and stay negativ?
this day i will make the pcrs and all tests, but i have so much fear for the result.

have you ever hearing from a case that 12,5 weeks (elisa negativ) that comes back after 12,5 weeks positiv?
do you ever hearing?

thanks all for help and excuse me please. thanks so much.

i go to the doctor this day.
the tests cost me 800€.

result is coming the next days.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 04:48:30 AM »
You've been told over and over again that you don't have HIV. Seek professional mental help if you can't move on with your life.

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 05:15:59 AM »
hi rapidrod.

i read this in a other thread in this forum.
BWI

12 weeks or 3 months doesn´t matter.

In many european countries (like the UK or Switzerland or Germany) they say 12 weeks, in the USA for example they say 13 weeks.

In any event 12 weeks is enough time to produce antibodies and have enough antibodies to show on an elisa test. There have been no confirmed cases of late seroconversion since the year 2k as far as I am aware. And only a handful before that time due to less sensitive assays.

The only time you need to wait longer is if you had PEP or you are on chemo therapy or have had an organtransplant lately or something as dramatic. If you ask if you have a condition that warrants to extend the windowperiod, you probably don´t have it.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Darkfiber
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=8569.0

he say that a pep extended the window period for antibodys.
i am confused

thnaks all

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 05:26:28 AM »
Did you test 12 weeks past you last dose of PEP? If so move on.

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 05:46:03 AM »
yes, 86 day after last pep medi.
but darkfiber say that in his thread.
i go this day and make pcrs.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 05:49:29 AM »
yes, 86 day after last pep medi.
but darkfiber say that in his thread.
i go this day and make pcrs.

It's 12 weeks past your last dose which you did and it's negative. . Move on...

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 11:55:05 AM »
in this moment i stay by my famalydoctor. Iam  much nervos.
i cant tell him my risk.
i make the pcrs an another elisa.
please help me god. help all us.

Online Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
You don't need to test again. You are HIV negative. And you should not be using a PCR. They are not designed for diagnostic purposes, but because they are highly sensitive they can sometimes give a FALSE positive.

Stop testing, stop all this drama and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 04:58:13 AM »
hi mr velez, hi all
i will creed you all, but.....  :'(
first. my doctor make home visit yesterday, i have not make the pcr because my doctor was out of house.
i should like to do this day, if i find the energy to do that.

can you answer my question please.
i have write my story thus i dont write this again.

are you all (Ms. Ann, Mr. Velez, Rapidrod and others) suuuuuuure that all my symptoms +
17 day with a bestial pharyngitis +
a decreasing immunsystem (cd4, see my labsresults above) in time of my "akute hiv infection" is not the akute hiv infektion?
my symptoms were 19 days and my lymphozyttest was at day 10 (in the middle time of symptoms)
my elisatest were 86 days after last pep medication,
but elisatest were 13 days after the first day of symptoms and 6 day bevor my symptoms vanished.

are you all very suuuure that i cant have the akute hiv infection symptoms and i have NOT hiv?
thus can i sleep with my wife wothout condom now????

another question.
can syphilis cause this symptoms (pharyngitis and other symptoms i have), if i have me infected at 30.December 2008 with syphilis?
can syphilis damaged my immunsystem?

thanks all for your replies and patience, thaks a lot.
and sorry for my nerving.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 06:25:23 AM »
See your doctor for your concerns. HIV is not your problem.

Offline lotoffear

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 07:17:13 AM »
you belive i can sleep with my wife without condom????

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 07:24:01 AM »
Lot,

Yes, you can have sex with your wife without a condom.

You were never likely to end up positive over this incident anyway. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man.

You have tested hiv negative at the appropriate time after having taken PEP.

You do NOT have hiv. You ARE hiv NEGATIVE.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lotzoffear

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 04:18:21 AM »
hello ann, velez and all.
sorry, iam lotoffear.
please read this.
yesterday i go to my house docotor and i have make the pcrs tests with another elisa test and another immunstatus test.
the RESULT is coming this day or tomorow, at the latest saturday.

please dont kick my until saturday.
i to piss me in my pantaloon.
PLEASE let my stair her until i have the result.
i hope you have all right that iam negativ. i hope that so much.

god help me please. help all please.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:24:47 AM by lotzoffear »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 05:25:37 AM »
Lot,

I told you on May 5th that if you created a new account to get around your time out, you'd be permanently banned.

You are now permanently banned.

And by the way, YOU  DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.