POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:40:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643366
  • Total Topics: 48954
  • Online Today: 171
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 115
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Should I be worried?  (Read 852 times)

Offline VikkMathis

Should I be worried?
« on: April 16, 2009, 02:27:38 PM »
My question is about HIV and my T-Cell count. I've been positive now for nearly 10 years and have never felt better. I'm currently taking Atriplia and have been taking it for nearly a year and a half now. Lately though I've been getting really depressed over my T-Cell count. I mean one month my T-Cell count will be like 386 then three months later it's like 678. It always goes up and down and I'm just wondering if I was doing something wrong? Back in January of 2009 when I last saw my doctor my t-cell count was at 707 and I was very excited about this. I just went in for my three month appointment and was thinking or should I say hoping my t-cell would have gone up to maybe 725-730, but to my surprise it had dropped to 368, which is so depressing. Is it normal for ones t-cell to go up and down like this. Does it have anything to do with the weather? I keep telling myself that maybe it was high because it was winter and my body just produced more or something.

What's the best way to get you t-cells up. I have to be honest for I'm not really a gym person and I don't workout, but I do try to eat healthy and I walk a lot for this is my exercise. One problem I do have is I'm not sleeping right for I work 8 hours on the graveyard shift and I go to school during the day. Monday-Friday I usually get about 4-5 hours of sleep and on the weekend I sleep maybe 6 hours at the most.

Are there any vitamin or multivitamin/minerals I should be taking? Are there certain foods I should be eathing and do I really need to exercise or is doing my daily walk enough.

Offline dixieman

Re: Should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »
Hey, Well cd4's can fluctuate... stress can cause alot of problems so I generally take about 15 minutes to just sit back and relax when everythings going in all directions... working at night and school can really drain your energy also lack of sleep really hampers your bodies ability to heal itself. Now I always take (selenium) nutrients needed for your bodies cells... very inexpensive.. and alittle bit more of a 20 minute workout... nothing major every other day will be extremely beneficial... keep on a schedule or as close as you can... now everyones different but, I've been dealing with this crap for 18 years... cd4's 1542 non detectable and I've always worked full time... but, stress is a major factor to try to work a way to either avoid...(which is not always possible) or to be able to relax... let us know how your doing... and check into about depression what your Doctor may reccommend... I take 20mg of lexapro... seems to help me... sincerely, John

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
Re: Should I be worried?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
I would look at average count over time, and also if there is any general trend up or down.  It sounds like you're averaging over 500, so that's good.  I think a stable percentage would be a good sign also.

It's possible you could have an occasional or intermittent infection that the immune system successfully fights, but is temporarily depleted in the process, like herpes for instance.  It seems logical that sleep would be important, although my counts are still low despite good sleep habits. 

I try to eat good, and include a daily multivitamin -- Centrum, because it's what the store sells.  Walking is good, but I think you have to do several miles for it to really count.  Overall it sounds like you're doing ok, if your doctor isn't worried.     
...................VL.....CD4.....%
-----------------------------------------
08/10-- ......<40.....290.....42
05/10-- ......<48.....290.....46
02/10-- ......<48.....481.....44
10/09-- ......<48.....277.....46
07/09-- ......<48.....300.....38
05/09-- ........51.....449.....39
03/09-- Added Isentress
02/09-- ........65.....299.....34
11/08-- ........62.....242.....40
08/08-- ........66.....212.....29
05/08-- ......202.....217.....27
03/08-- ....5210.....187.....21
02/08-- Began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
12/07-- 273,000.....157.....22
11/07-- 229,000.....209.....22
10/07-- Diagnosis

It's a complex world.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.