POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 01:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640645
  • Total Topics: 48662
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Activism Idea - Direct Central Bank Grants to Patent holders by Fed Reserve  (Read 3606 times)

Offline bimazek

USA OKs $48B in global AIDS fight -
New Activism Idea - Direct Central Bank Grants to Patent holders by Fed Reserve

This is a new concept that I am thinking about and it is in early stages but it goes something like this.   The federal reserve is just printing money all the time now and giving it to thier friends on wall street, you know the types, republicans, people who hate gays, rich CEOs, and Wall Street banks, why doesnt the federal reserve bank - Directly  Grants money to the Patent holders of the HIV medicines in the amount that the company LOST because the poor countries had to BREAK THE PATENT in the first place.

The idea is to create and re-equalize the accounting system of the world to take care of these huge public health issues, has anyone studied accounting and understand Federal Reserve politics

Perhaps this could be a larry kramer kind of a theme -  the idea is that

THE PATENT holders are being robbed in a way by the breaking of the patent, (i completely support this) but there should be some kind of ACCOUNTING change made because of this -- Some of the smaller HIV med companies would get even a bigger windfall than they already get but they deserve it in a way, they took the risk and found the great new advanced meds.

In other worlds, I know it rewards small research firms like gilliad and also some of the big Pharma but if it was used to hire more people to do research for all the side effects and all the cancers that the drugs cause, and also just solve help solve other diseases.

It would have to be something that was agreed at the G8 meeting level of the world bank.

Directly Grant money to the Patent holders of the HIV medicines in the amount that the company LOST because the poor countries had to BREAK THE PATENT in the first place.   Exactly equal to the amount that they lost if the medicine was sold in first world.

This would do many things -- stimulate research at the small and large biotech companies (there would have to be a provision that the money went to salaries of new scientists only not to any of those terrible tv ads for drugs)  It would give a fair accounting and fair balance of power to usa vs. the poor countries where the patents were broken.   

(remember a small bio tech company like  gilead   could lose alot of revenue fast if there is another breakthru that shifted the meds away from them to a vaccine for treatment or another companies meds, so they deserve it now)

the accounting system of the world is incredibly old and dated

who needs to be contacted about idea... gay press, gilead and other big pharma, activists, clinton foundation that is granting money to fight aids, Fauci in DC, other connected individuals

please forward this idea to anyone who may have the expertise in accounting or industry contacts that might
help, this could be a tipping point kind of idea.

As a thought experiment, let african and south american countries outside usa break all aids meds patents and mfg the meds for themselves, they can do it cheaply and fast.  But usa companies would loose hundreds of billions of dollars.  So the USA companies are granted money in exact amount to what they loose when patent is broken in a special way by Federal reserve bank thru a special trust, perhaps the clinton foundation, and that money must be used to HIRE young researchers in SCIENCE for any diseases.  Everyone is happy and everyone lives happily ever after.

bimazek thought of it first

Advocacy and Activism

Organizations we would need to contact:

American Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR)
Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC)
Project Inform

Governmental and Publicly Funded Organizations

BRTA/LRTA
AIDSinfo
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Office of AIDS Research
UNAIDS: The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS
U.S. Food and Drug Administration

Body Positive Magazine

Treatment and Education Info

AIDS Treatment Data Network (ATDN)
AIDS.org
The American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVM)
The American Medical Association
The Body
Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange (CATIE)
ClinicalTrials.gov
Critical Path AIDS Project
HIVPositive.com
Medscape
National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project
WomenHIV.org (WORLD)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 04:35:25 AM by bimazek »

Offline Cliff

- This is outside the remit of the Central bank.
- Would probably be considered an illegal subsidy by the WTO (unfair competitive activity)
- There is no such thing as a unified world accounting system (not sure what you meant when you kept the world accounting system is old an dated)
- This would not guarantee that companies would reduce drug prices (they may just take the money and run)
- This may not guarantee additional spending on HIV research (again, they may just take the money and run)
- It's probably cheaper and more efficient if the government just increase expenditures on HIV research directly
- It may be difficult to measure lost revenues from broken patents and would likely be subject to manipulation by companies

Offline FrederickGNP+USA

Sound like a good Idea,

However I think it would be better to buy down one patient first for a Drug like Atripa and then also make a compact with Gilead to open a few more USA manufactuing plants for Atripa (empolyee some HIV folks too) in the USA and flood the Gobal maket with the buy down of Atripa's patient and create a Brand Generic Atripa with saving to USA and Global funding streams which can be  a win win win or what my friend would say Triplewinnerinternational.com.

Easier and less complicated and we can call it a polit program of Red, White and Blue for me and you

Frederick Wright
GNP+USA
Ring me if you need me

Offline FrederickGNP+USA

Sorry wrong web page. here is a contact to a good friend of mine and his name is Ed that start a new group that might be able to help with this concept, great guy and very progressive group.. and this new group is all about parnerships and has a lot of clout with great folks on their team.  Let make it happen

http://www.triplewininternational.com/

I will say a prayer for blessings to come forth for this proposal and more to have excess to Meds and life on this end and if you need my help, ring me or write me.  Judy .. Love you

Frederick Wright
GNP+USA
1-813-985-2968
FrederickGNP@aol.clom

Offline FrederickGNP+USA

Here is something free for the think tanks that want to bring forth a new plan to help the 30 million people with HIV illiness on our Global.. Yes Free ..for I am here to serve.

Defining the Cure for AIDS with hopes for the 30 million PEOPLE that don't have excess to AIDS MEDS will have hope and life?

I just got back from a clinic appointment where my HIV Healthcare provider Dr. Don Kurtyka (good guy and like him a lot) inform me that Gilead Science the manufacture of Atripa has capture 75 percent of the HIV/AIDS market and is this globally too.  Well this makes me think, would it not be wonderful if all 30 million HIV people on our Globe had a pill available to them called Atripla.   And how could this happen. I am thinking of the concept for some time now.
One way is that President Obama could step in and call for a National Global Emergency and break the patient to allow a lot of manufactures to start making Atripa with an executive order.  This would bring the cost down and create a generic market and President Obama could also inform his staff to make Atripa available over the counter for sale as a PEP or PrEP to all in the USA to stop new infections.    This could slow down new HIV infections (saving resources) and keep people in an HIV status, NOT AIDS.  He could also ask for a refining of the term AIDS to follow the Global Scientist in creating a protocol of HIV stage 1, HIV stage 2, or HIV stage 3 illness and call for a end to the word AIDS as we know it to be.  One of my teachers in the past would say that the ask must conclude with an action of NOW.

That way my first though, however I am a compassionate guy and like Robert Chenney and Company, for I believe in the free enterprise system where people should and must have a right to sell their ideas, inventions or Intellectual Property in a free market.  GNP+USA would like for it to be a FAIR and Free Market.  So in my research of the past both in policy, advocacy and economic I learned there is always a middle road of compromise. 
Secondly our President with the support of AIDS Inc in America, Activists, Advocates, and the whole community could create a plan where the USA would buy down the patient of Atrpla for a negotiated price a few  billions dollars or so and take it out of PEPFAR funding, so Giliead would not lose money and Americaís would not loss jobs.  We could also make a compact with Gilead  to open a couple more manufacturing plants in the USA to mass produce Atripla( put HIV people back to work with good health insurance, a good pay check and hope for the future, saving again on USA resources and  money) 
And then employ the above plan to bring Atripla price down and hopes for the 30 million people with HIV/AIDS that donít have AIDSMEDS a fighting chance to live another day for the supply would go up and the price would come down.
I thought I share today what  A Cure for AIDS could look like and know my Faith tells me the Cure for AIDS is in oneís heart of action.
I sure this plan needs more research and fleshing out , but here it is in Black and White or what the beltway people would call a White Page and please feel free to forward, copy or use this intellectual property as Open Souce and Public Domain for my heart is for the 30 million HIV people that are crying out for Help in our global communities.
Sincerely,
Frederick Wright
GNP+USA

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.