Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

I Maybe Relocating, need advice please

(1/4) > >>

brooklynpoz:
Hi everyone ,
I am currently in NYS, on ssdi, and medicare a&b, with aetna medicare as my supplement insurance, and in ADAP. I may be moving to Florida. I called ADAP down there, and was told, I do not need AETNA anymore. I just need medicare a,b & d, and ALL my med's would be covered. I was also told, that because I am on medicare, I don't get ADAP. I am so confused, and will not make a move until I can get answer. Can you please look into this, and let me know my options. Thank you in advance.

J.R.E.:
Hello,

I live in Florida, But I am not currently using any assistance programs. So, honestly I can't tell you about SSDI, and Medicare A@B, or how any of this works along with ADAP. I would be thinking twice about dropping Aetna. Perhaps a few more call down here, to the proper agencies will be needed to make sure, that what you understood is correct. Get a thourough list of questions prepared, so you can get this all sorted out. I can understand you not making any move until you get this sorted out.

Let us know how you do. Is there a time frame for your move down here?

Ray

J.R.E.:

Have you checked out this site yet ?  :

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Disease_ctrl/aids/care/adap.html

Ray

J.R.E.:

Also, What are your current out of pocket expenses ( if any ) for drugs? That could possible change with Part D.

Ray

brooklynpoz:
Hi JRE,

thank you for the info, i called the other day, and spoke with a woman named, Arelis Tejeda, from ADAP. She is the supervisor. She's the one who told me that I can't get ADAP, if I am on Medicare. It baffled me, because then she said, I don't need Atena medicare down there as a supplemental insurance.   ??? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version