Main Forums > Living With HIV

I find it hard to believe

(1/6) > >>

DancerBoy:
I find it hard to believe that one of our own has made a major decision to have a story written about her and has "come out" and thus far nobody has any words of encouragment.   Do we not realize tough this might have been for her or what a big thing this might be for her.  Her article has been up for hours and nobody has said anything!
Come on people! Show some support! She is participating in these studies and becoming an activist, not for herself- she's an elite controller.  She'll probably never be sick WITH AIDS.  But she's donating her time and blood for you... You should be supportive... I'm just sayin'...
-D

lydgate:
Hey D,

In all fairness, I think it should be said that you posted the article fairly late on Sunday night; probably very few people who post on these boards have seen it here. I haven't a doubt that Zephyr is going to deluged with good wishes tomorrow.

Just sayin'

Jay

Cliff:
Danny,

This was not necessary.  Now you know Sunday is always a slow night on Aidsmeds.  I agree with Jay, in that people will see the thread and respond appropriately.  You posted it 5AM (my time) on a Sunday, and I didn't see it until I logged on at Noon (my time), on Monday.  Have some patience.  You San Antonio folks are always in a rush!!!  ::)

Serious Cliff would like to make a comment now about this statement you made....

--- Quote ---She is participating in these studies and becoming an activist, not for herself- she's an elite controller.  She'll probably never be sick WITH AIDS.  But she's donating her time and blood for you... You should be supportive... I'm just sayin'...
--- End quote ---
We should be supportive because she is an Aidsmeds family member, not because she is an elite controller.  I am thankful for lots of people.  People who volunteer to be guinea pigs for drug trials are just as important to the advancement of HIV treatment as are elite controllers/LTNP folks.  No guilt trips mister!  They aren't necessary and they may make people uncomfortable.

DancerBoy:
Yeah. I've been called out... You're both right.  I apologize... I was drunk posting.... Should avoid the computer when I'm tipsy...
Sorry folks...
-D

david25luvit:
Danny...

Perhaps you should take a deep breath and let us respond in our own good time.  I dont think you personally respond to every thread written here and we're all a part of the same family.  People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...  like Cliff ...with that said let me also respond to your thread.

Our Zephyr is much loved and admired here at Aidsmeds.  Her contribution has been and is a great joy to us all.  Irregardless of her unique situation...she is a woman of great heart and compassion and I for one take great pride in saying she is a dear friend...   A very distinquished person to whom I am looking forward to meeting in Montreal.  Thank you Danny for bringing her article to us and perhaps next time you'll give us a chance to respond before lecturing us.  But not to worry...I still love you.  Your family too. :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version