Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Floaters, floaters and more floaters!

(1/2) > >>

stevevaboy:
I have a gazillion floaters (those fuzzy, lint-looking things) constantly intruding upon my eyesight.  I'm 42 and have never needed glasses and my overall vision seems fine, but these things are more prevalent than ever before.  I've always seen some in my vision and don't know if, perhaps, HIV or meds (Truvada, Norvir, Reyataz) could cause an increase.  Anyone have knowlege or comments on this???  THANKS!

sfpvguy41:
funny you should mention it.  once in a while i see them.  Mine are yellowish - are yours? wonder if it has to do with bilirubin?

ARMANDO:
i have been on norvir and truvada for about one year and in that time i have had several eye inections and have since have had to get reading glasses .i am 52 yrs old and my eyesight has always been good,is it my age or is it the drugs??

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: stevevaboy on August 07, 2006, 12:50:48 AM ---  I'm 42 and have never needed glasses and my overall vision seems fine, but these things are more prevalent than ever before. 
--- End quote ---

Hello Armando,

You say your vision SEEMS FINE Which tells me that you may not have had a good eye exam in a while. If that is the case, you should set up an appointment, with an opthamologist, and get your eyes checked, so you know exactly where you stand with your vision.

Your at that age !!! I started developing/noticing floaters in my early to mid-forty's, And started needing glasses in my mid-forty's.

Get yourself an Exam, and make sure you mention this to your doctor !! My floaters have actually diminished, since starting on meds.

http://www.stlukeseye.com/Conditions/Floaters.asp

Take care----------Ray

Warren:
I just came on this board for info about an HIV+ relative, but I'd like to comment on floaters. I'm HIV- and I have them and have since I was a teenager or earlier. I asked my eye doctor about them and she said they are relatively normal for many people even when they are young. Many have them but just don't see them since they are essentially seen though.... I believe an eye doctor can see them in your eye when they are doing an eye exam (not sure about this but I believe it to be so)... Sorry to jump in on this thread but I figured I'd comment since I have a lot of floaters myself....

Best of luck and Regards,

Warren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version