Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

I lost the Medicare Premiums paid by my State

(1/1)

denb45:
As of 3/31/09 due to the COLA- adjustment I got this yr. I no-longer qualify for this QLMIB form my State medicade office, and they will no longer pay my Medicare Part A, B, D Premiums anymore
they will no longer pay my medicare premiums of $96.40 a month  :( and, I'll loose about $1,153.00 of income a yr.  ???

The reason for this was due to my SSDI-income being over the $1.00 limit to qualify , so nothing I can do about that, the good news is, according to SSDI and Medicare, I will still be able to keep my "Extra Help" for my Part D witch helps with the cost of my HIV-MEDS each month :(  so, as far as I'm concerned my State Medicade office can take that $1.00 overage and stick-it where the sun don't shine, for all I care  ??? we all know that ANY loss of income for as little as most of us make each month is not a good thing, but I'll make do, I suppose  ???

AlanBama:
That's really bad news Dennis......hate to hear it, bud.   $1 over?   Isn't that insane?  As if that $1 was enough to cover all you will be losing.......

:'(

denb45:

--- Quote from: AlanBama on March 12, 2009, 09:10:21 PM ---That's really bad news Dennis......hate to hear it, bud.   $1 over?   Isn't that insane?  As if that $1 was enough to cover all you will be losing.......

:'(

--- End quote ---

Yeah, The way I understand it, is, if your 1 cent over the limit, you still won't qualify, a guy in the next window was 2 cents over the limit, and his was cut-off, and his benefits were Stopped as well  ???
with States over-strapped, and looking for cash to balance the budget, I'm not supprized if more cuts in low-income, and HIV-Funding will happen, I'm sure it will  ??? hold-on the your hats EVERYONE!!! this is NOT GOOD!

BT65:
Wow, that's unnerving.  So sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version