POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 01:49:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632268
  • Total Topics: 47877
  • Online Today: 259
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bloody Crap!  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Texan38

Bloody Crap!
« on: March 03, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »
Literally! I'm here at work and my stomach had been feeling unusual. Kind of burning, kind of nauseated, it's weird. I then had, as normal, a feeling to take a crap. I went to the restroom, did my business, flushed, went a little more but then when I wiped and as I was throwing the toilet paper away, I noticed it red. I got some more paper, wiped again...blood! I stood up, looked in the toilet and there was blood! I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. I had two tuna fish sandwiches for breakfast and some pecans covered with white chocolate. Mmmm, those were really good.
I feel fine but I'm pretty sure crapping blood is not good. I'm not one to go to the Doctor the first sign of something being wrong but I think seeing blood in the toilet could be an exception but I still have my reservations about calling...
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline rondrond

Re: Bloody Crap!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »
Texan,

Your thinking that crapping blood is not good....is a good thinking. Yes, call your doctor, it is a sign that something is wrong.

Ron~

*I don't think I've ever had pecans covered in white chocolate*
"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Sept '09  6 blood clots in left arm
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada
March08  CD4 330 23% VL 452.000 
*Jan09 Med change~Epzicom/Viramune

Aug09   CD4 523 23%  VL<48
Diagnosed: COPD
Dec 2013: CD4 645 45% VL 49
Med Change: Viramune/Epivir/Ziagen/Isentress

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »
Is it bright red or brownish?   Bright red usually indicates a hemorrhoid or a fissure.  Call your doctor but try not to worry too much.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »
Hi Texan

Pete is right, most cases of rectal bleeding are caused by hemorrhoids and diverticulosis, both of which are relatively harmless, but it can be caused by something more serious, I'm sure in this case it's not but so if I were you I would be chatting to your Doctor and getting it sorted out...let us know how you get on.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline mpositive

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 05:34:07 PM »
Diverticulitis or losis are both conditions that can worsen.  I went through it myself.  But you would know well before if it were serious.  But very treatable in almost all cases with a special diet and some simple meds initially.  Other than that, I would bet you have some hemorrhoids that are flaring up and nothing more.  Certainly follow everyone's opinion though, give a ring to your doc, maybe a stool sample to cover your a_s ----- literally. 
;)

M

Offline Basquo

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »
Blood on the t.p. would be cause for concern but blood in the toilet as well would make me call my doctor STAT.

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:12:31 AM »
If the blood is bright red then you know the tear is right near the sphincter.  Unless it persists or you start feeling sick I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Tears can be caused from simple exertion, a finger nail, wiping too hard.  If it continues then I'd call the doc.

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Texan38

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:40:53 AM »
It was bright red. That's what scared the crap out of me... ::)  But, everything is fine this morning. No blood at all. I feel fine. Although, I will mention it to my doctor when I have my next appointment.

Thanks Guys!
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »
When I was sixteen I went to use the bathroom while I was in School at Job Corp in San
Marcos TX an I started bleeding like what you described an I freak out an then found out it was hemorrhoids an I bleed like this once in a while. But to be safe have it check out . Luv Scooter P.S. I am now 46 !!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »
Been there, done that. I've had occasional bleeding but one time it was excessive so I went to the ER. After many many hours in the ER and way too many people peeking and poking my anus, an MRI and some kind of rectal speculum it turned out to be bleeding hemorrhoids.

The only thing they did for me was prescribe suppositories.

Lovely huh?

Hope your problem turns out to be as simple.

Offline franfrog

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »
Wow I swear it is like one person has a problem it is everyone has it at the same time.  I have been having the same problems.  I was not to worried because I have had two children I know hemorrhoids play a large roll in my life.  I know my father has gone to the ER many times and they have said the same thing, that if it is bright red you know it is closer like a hemorrhoids.  I have been dealing with this for the last couple of times and now am starting to think that maybe I will get checked soon anyway.

I am glad to see yours has cleared up.  Hopefully this will not happen again for you.
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
LOL I'm good unless I have a difficult bowel movement.

Funny how we (persons with HIV) seem ok with talking about bodily functions. Poop is generally something people wont talk about. Even though we all do it.

Offline mpositive

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »
Wini...negative....poop was always a big discussion....well before the HIV got me...lol.
Matter of f act, my brother and me, we consider poop to be of the utmost importance.  I have gotten calls saying "bro, you gotta see the s**t I just took".  No pictures thank goodness.  LOL   

Sorry, I could not resist, it's an "all in the family" kinda thing....  ;)

M

Offline Texan38

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
Whew, well so far so good. Seems it did clear up by itself...Hey, I suddenly got a vision of Mr. Hankey the Christmas poo!
Who knew I'd end up laughing about bloody crap!  :D

ThanX!   :-*
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline pozinathens

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »
I am having issues too. I think mine was caused by over aggressive anal intercourse. Although, I have had some constipation too. Needless to say it has been quite painful. Feels like I am having spasms in my rectum. I did a google for "anal health" and found some great information.

I have self diagnosed myself as having an anal fissure but could be an internal hemorrhoid too. The thing that seems to help me is taking a hot bath and soaking for a bit, a couple of times a day. If at all possible after having or trying to poop. I have also started taking a stool softener which seems to be helping me. I also use preparation h after my hot bath.

If things don't get better in a week or so I will be heading to the doctor.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »
With all this talk about problem anuses and rectal bleeding, I wanted to recommend an excellent product that helps avoid all of that. I went to a very good doctor who specializes in this sort of thing, just to get checked out, I was being paranoid. He said I was fine and recommended that I use an ointment called Calmoseptine to avoid bleeding, help with hemorrhoids, etc. He said that products such as Preparation-H contain cortisone, which can adversely affect immunity and exacerbate HPV (if someone has it to begin with obviously).  Anyway, this Calmoseptine stuff is great, it's sold without a Rx and really helps in promoting good health down under ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:16:36 PM by Inchlingblue »

Offline jampdx

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 07:36:14 AM »
I'm glad it stopped but most commonly it's hemmorhoids.  Make sure and make your Dr aware though, things like GI bleeds are nothing to mess around with.  It really doesn't sound like that though cuz of the color.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-Infected 1/6/2009
Positive 2/9/2009
3/8/2009:  CD4 603  VL f\'d up by lab and having to redraw
4/7/2009 CD4 650 VL 348
6/24/2009 cd4 964 VL 850
9/26/2009 CD4 546 VL 822
7/22/13 CD4 1080 VL 2,220

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.