Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

HEY ALL: Need your opinions

(1/3) > >>

allopathicholistic:
 :o  :-\ 

**Gross pics WARNING** Do not proceed if you're eating ..........I'm asking for your vote because of the recent buzz about HIV hiding in the gut mucosal lining Thank you everyone

Picture Gallery - CLICK HERE

=========

Our threads about HIV in the gut:
poz.com Thread 1
poz.com Thread 2
poz.com Thread 3

I'm not a salesperson for the DrNatura company

alisenjafi:
I have used a colon cleaner a few times, TwinLabs. Also if you want to go on the cheap just take a tablespoon ( I think ) of epsom salt.
This side effect of wanting to take pictures of your ultra clean toilet with scat on it makes me want to skip this stuff.
I wonder about this product because any and everytime I used a colon cleaner crap came out, this stuff looks like it is eating their stomaches out. The fact it is strung together makes me think it is dubious. Sort of like curried seaweed.
Cheers
Johnny

lydgate:
Check this story out. I read it a few years ago and it's stayed with me. It's pretty funny.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,663391,00.html

Jay

Steven:
Alex,

Haven't we warned you plenty of times you need to cook your food before you try to eat?  :D

HIVworker:
Nice Scat!!

I guess the question I have for you is what you feel this would do regarding HIV hiding in your gut (I notice you cited some of the discussion threads about it). I'm not against the idea at all but I have some questions that I don't know the answer to.

While it is a medical fact that infrequent bowel movements can lead to the buildup of toxins in the colon and such treatments might help with this, I just wonder about the context of an HIV positive person.

Recent research has indicated that HIV replicates in the gut and does much to destroy immune function there. Part of the gut is serviced by 'natural flora' that we live with. It is thought that such flora act as a barrier to more pathogenic microbes.

The question I have is whether such flushing is getting rid of this bacteria and allowing the buildup of other pathogens. I guess I haven't thought it through yet, but that could be a concern. This product is for people with constipation and might be good for that, but people with HIV have the 180 degree problem and such irrigation could be more harmful. 

R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version