HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Worried-not-so-well?

(1/27) > >>

Gargamel:
hey, I´m worried and anxious. The reason:During a camping trip i got drunk and ended up in a tent with a girl i did not know, we never had sex, altough i fingered her. on my thumb i had a 2 mm wide cut. it was a couple of days old, but i had scratched it a little earlier the same day. I can´t rememer wether the thumb entered the vagina or not. If she had her period or not i can´t tell. The cut have healed but you can still see a kind of mark from it, after this experience, the cut still ached a little when i moved my thumb. I am 22 years old and a virgin, so this is one of my first sexual experiences. when i got hypocondric the next day, we talked a little, and it turned out i was her seventh. Her previous partner was a one night stand in south america where they used a condom a week earlier. But how can i trust a stranger? even a nice one. The days went by, and i got home. This was three weeks ago.
During the last weeks, i have felt rather numb in my right hand/ arm. Is this a common symptom? Perhaps it´s just the warm Texas climate. As i write this,  my throat is also a little sore. I have a thing going on with a nice girl who lives round my´ block. I would hate to infect her. Is this even a possibility? Can i go on dating without feeling guilt? To go get tested feels a bit silly when it only comes to fingering, and i think the weeklong wait would just boost my anxiety. So please, help me.

jkinatl2:
I urge you to read the Welcome Thread on this site, particularly the lessons regarding HIV transmission.

Fingering, cuts or no cuts, is absolutely NOT a risk for HIV.

As for your new girlfriend, if you use a latex condom for penetrative sex, you are protecting both of you from HIV. And until such time as you have decided on a mutually monogamous relationship, and have both tested negative, you should indeed be using condoms for penetrative sex.

Gargamel:
yeah.i´ve read it, but it say´s there´s a theoretical risk.

Gargamel:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on August 04, 2006, 07:21:13 AM ---I urge you to read the Welcome Thread on this site, particularly the lessons regarding HIV transmission.

Fingering, cuts or no cuts, is absolutely NOT a risk for HIV.

As for your new girlfriend, if you use a latex condom for penetrative sex, you are protecting both of you from HIV. And until such time as you have decided on a mutually monogamous relationship, and have both tested negative, you should indeed be using condoms for penetrative sex.

so i should test my self? even though "there´s no risk"? testing myself would make this whole problem so much more anxiousfilled.

--- End quote ---

Andy Velez:
Yes, there is a "theoretical" risk. And a theoretical risk includes so many things in life that never happen but COULD happen.

Anytime you have sex of any kind with someone other than yourself there is a THEORETICAL risk that transmission could happen.

But we are telling you here what happens in the real world of HIV reality. And in that world you were not at risk in that situation.

You also need to know that becoming sexually active, as exciting as it can be, also usually stirs up anxiety about all sorts of what ifs and lots of nervous but but BUTs. I suspect that maybe an element in this situation.

In any case you were not at risk in this situaiton and there is no need for testing.

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version