POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 03:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 22214
  • Latest: chuff
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620214
  • Total Topics: 46730
  • Online Today: 254
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Bright Star in the Sky and Three Wise Men  (Read 1661 times)

Seadickrun

A Bright Star in the Sky and Three Wise Men
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:52:44 AM »
For the last three days here in Seattle, we have seen an incredibly bright star in the sky, visible during the day.  Everyone is talking about it and it is dominating the even news.  People have been flocking to parks and looking up in the sky marveling at its beauty and everyone is wandering the streets with huge smiles on their faces.  There is an air of hope that makes me wonder if three Wise Men are just around the corner. 

I went and googled "bright star visible daytime" and read about it.  This particular object is a G2V category star that has yet to be named but according to google it is commonly referred to as the Sun.  I can't help but notice that its occurrence coincided with Bush's farewell radio/tv address. 

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: A Bright Star in the Sky and Three Wise Men
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:06:08 AM »
I can't help but notice that its occurrence coincided with Bush's farewell radio/tv address. 

A bright star indeed... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Seadickrun

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:33:12 AM »
Sunny days are few and far between here.  When we have a sunny day people act like they have overdosed on prozac.  Check out the first link in the thread I posted on local commercials for what a typical Seattle day looks like:)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:41:03 AM »
Sunny days are few and far between here.  When we have a sunny day people act like they have overdosed on prozac.  Check out the first link in the thread I posted on local commercials for what a typical Seattle day looks like:)

It's the same with the weather here in NZ...just a hint of sun and the shorts and T's come out of the closet.. ;)

I remember the snow you had not so long ago.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Seadickrun

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:45:49 AM »
I grew up in the midwest and my roommate is from Minnesota.  We both commented that December was like childhood back east.  He had 10 days off from work and when it started snowing, I mentioned it to him but he thought it was the rare flake we see around here and went back to his game.  Later, as he was going out for a Coke run, he opened the door and went, "Whoa!!".  Yeah, I said, its freaking snowing out.  We live on top of a hill (the whole city is hills) and we had no bus service for a week. 

And then after the snow came the floods.  And now the landslides.  The other day some one said that at least we haven't had an earthquake.  Boy, did I shoot him a dirty look as I knocked on wood. 

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
Seattle is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen on sunny days.

Seadickrun

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
Seattle is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen on sunny days.

I have lived in Miami, LA, SF, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Indiana and I would agree that on a sunny summer day, its the most beautiful place in the country.  Unfortunately, summer begins here around July 10th and promptly ends August 31st. 

It's said that a Seattle native can identify 52 shades of grey.  I'm up to 47:)

Offline aztecan

• 28 years positive, 56 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
I don't know how you do it.

I go three days without sun and I am having withdrawals. Of course, we have the skin cancer rate to prove it, too!  ;)

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Seadickrun

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 05:44:45 PM »
I don't know how you do it.

I go three days without sun and I am having withdrawals. Of course, we have the skin cancer rate to prove it, too!  ;)

HUGS,

Mark

I have grow lights in the living room on 16 hours a day.  My miniature rose bush is blooming, my lettuce will be ready in a couple of weeks, and the basil is doing okay.  Add in some Lexapro, a therapist, and my yearly threat to commit suicide and I'm good ( I keep a rope by the end of the couch in case the mood strikes). I'm applying for disability and if (major if) it goes through, I'm moving back to LA. 

Last night I dreamed that I was flying and wearing a short sleeved shirt on a warm sunny day.  It wasn't my ability to fly that stuck out in the dream:)

Offline fearless

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 05:55:48 PM »
hehehe.

it took me a while to get it... but i'm a bit sluggish this morning after sweltering in our third or fourth or fifth consecutive day of temps in the high 90's and humidity to match. Eek.

It didn't get below 78 overnight which made for a damn sticky night trying to sleep. I had the french doors open on my balcony to let what little breeze their was filter in... the downside to this was the mozzies also had free access to me... i hope they all catch aids from me and die.

there's no let up in site with these conditions to prevail for a few more days yet.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 06:22:34 PM »
bondi at 6.30pm last night - a strom a brewin'... unfortunately, little rain fell

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 01:32:50 AM »
A  modern day "savior" is born. No more "bush" fires.  :D
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.