Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:07:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 245
Total: 246

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: How much can I trust my results?  (Read 13920 times)

Offline pass99

• Standard
How much can I trust my results?
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:25:10 am »
Hi, before 68 days , I had unprocted sex . And Today I tested and my elisa is negative. How much can ı get fell relieved, how much can ı trust this results ? Are u recomend another test or what is your opinion about my results ? ( Sorry My low english )

thanks so much.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: How much can I trust my results?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:31:38 am »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very, very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a possible exposure. So your negative is very encouraging. To be absolutely certain of your negative status you ought to re-test at 13 weeks. Your negative result is VERY unlikely to change when you re-test. But do it just to be sure and remove any doubts.

And in the future avoid putting yourself at risk by always, without exception, using condoms for both vaginal and anal intercourse. They provide very effective protection and then you won't have to go through this kind of worrying again.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:56:52 am »
Firstly, thanks so much for your answers Andy,

Today 11.weeks and I had re-tested with elisa again and thanks god that my result is negative. Now, Can i felling better ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:20:57 am »
On this site we follow the CDC's recommendation of testing at 13 weeks after a risky incident for a definitive result.

Should you choose to re-test at 13 weeks just for peace of mind I would certainly expect you to test negative again. But that's up to you. Congrats on your happy test result.

And remember to always use condoms in the future. No exceptions.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 07:27:30 am »
Andy here i m and i m so sory, i know that i was bored you so much, please excuse me
 but  i couldn' t wait so more and today 84. day and i  tested again anti hiv 1-2 kemülinesans and result was negative. İs that enough, is it conclusive or should wait 1 weeks more ?

Thanks so much...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 08:21:05 am »
Pass,

You don't have hiv and yes, that's conclusive. The window period in most of the world is twelve weeks and 84 days IS twelve weeks. It's only the US that says thirteen weeks. You're posting from Turkey and the official window period in Turkey is twelve weeks.

There really is no difference between twelve and thirteen weeks when talking about the hiv testing window period. There are 52 weeks in a year, which is thirteen four-week periods, yet there are only twelve months in a year. That's why I always say the window period is three months.

As you've already been told, the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six WEEKS. A six week negative is unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point. Your previous negative result has been confirmed - you don't have hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTING OVER THIS UNPROTECTED INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Please remember to use condoms in future so you can remain hiv negative. You will avoid hiv infection by using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently.

Once again, you are conclusively hiv negative. You do NOT have hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pass99

• Standard
Please.....
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 07:51:39 am »
Firstly i wanna say sorry but really i need your answers to be feeling good myself...

a few days ago, i gave blood at a clinic. While the nurse take blood from my left arm, i hold the iron side of the chair with my right hands. End of the operation, nurse wanna press with a cotton top of my
bleeding wound but cotton fall down. Thereupon i pressed to my wound with my naked right hands immediately. Same time, i looked to the side of chairs and i saw a lot of  blood on a iron sideof chairs. I mean ,firstly i hold the  blood with my naked hands and in same time i pressed to my bleeding wound with my same hands. thats all..
What is the risk of contracting HIV from this situation? I know that if blood dries, it is no longer infectious, but i dont know when the blood was contact to the side of chairs. Maybe two  minutes , maybe two hours or more... But i think that  the blood was dried on the chairs, because  i could not see any blood with my fingers. But i said i m not sure...

Please help me, i know that i m paranoid .but please to excuse me

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 08:07:05 am »
1. Please follow our rule and do not begin new threads. I have merged your threads. Keep all of your entries in this same thread.

2. Yes,  you are paranoid and worrying needlessly again. HIV is a fragile virus and is not passed from environmental surfaces or objects such as you are worrying over.

This is not an HIV situation. There was no risk. There is no need for testing nor for further concern.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:54 am »
Dear Andy ;

Firstly i m sorry to  begin new threads i really dont know rules. secondly thanks your answers.
Finally i wanna ask something and finished this  woried.

As i say that i m not sure that the blood on the side of chair was dry or wet, is it important or not . İ mean , there was another person's blood on the surface and i touched with my naked hands and a few seconds later i pressed to my bleeding wound with my same naked fingers. I m sorry my pure english because of i told again. Excuse me :)

Thanks again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 10:12:16 am »
pass,

It doesn't matter if the blood was wet or not. Hiv is NOT transmitted from blood on objects in the environment. You had no risk, as Andy has already told you.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 10:43:40 am »
 Dear Andy and Dear Ann

Thanks so much for your answers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 01:08:03 pm »
You're welcome. Now get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 06:46:07 am »
hi , again i' m

I m sure that İ m a paranoid about hiv and so sory to keep you bussy my crotchet.

If someone who  unknown hiv or not , use your contack lens and again put them lens box  with lens solition,  about half an hour later , you use your same lens, is it posibiblty to get hiv.

Thank so much

Your sincerelly

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 07:20:38 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 07:56:12 am »
No. HIV is not transmitted from environmental surfaces including contact lenses. You are worrying needlessly.

It maybe time for you to see a counselor or other professional to discuss your fears about HIV. Whether you do that or not I can tell you that you aren't going to be permitted to come back here with more what ifs everytime you have another scary thought about HIV. If you do you're going to get a 28 day Time Out.

Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 09:36:53 am »
Im sorry rapid and thanks so much Andy for answers.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 09:39:29 am »
You're welcome. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 08:15:36 am »
Im really sorry but Again i m here.. >:(

Last night , i met someone  i dont know her status in a hotel lobby and a few hours later in my room, i started to finger her vagina to make ready and i get so much vaginal fluid to my hand. At once i saw a little blood on my hand and she said that its her early menstruate and get dressed and  a later she left room.

At a moment , i went to bath and wash my hands with water . And wiped with paper towel. . Not use soap. There wasnt  visible fluid or blood on my hand and stupidly i masturbated my self same hand.

My questions are

is it enough to wash hands only water and wiped to clean from hiv
İs it possible that it can be hiv in my hands due to invisible blood or fluid and during masturbate , it can efect me ?

Yours sincerelly...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 08:34:52 am »
The basics about what is risky have already been explained to you before this. Fingering including with menstrual blood involved is absolutely NOT a risk for HIV transmission.

You need to get into the habit of applying the information that has been given to you as new incidents come up. Maybe re-reading the lesson on transmission would help. You can find that through the link in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

You are worrying needlessly and there is no need for testing.

Cheers. 
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 08:53:27 am »
Dear Andy ,

My fear is not fingering. My fear is due to masturbate to myself with my same hands

I amazed your great patience  :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 09:13:44 am »
Makes no difference. Still not a risk. HIV is a fragile virus and the setting you have described would not permit it to remain in a viable form for transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
general question
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 03:38:42 am »
Hi everyone,

I know that i m so neurotic and I want to know that to feeling my self better everytime..

1. wiping with alcohol (for example with cologne )  to the instrument ( clippers, tweezers etc.)a few seconds  is completly and totaly enough to kill  hiv viruses. Is that right ?

2. Unless there is no visible liquid like  blood, there is no chance to pass hiv. I mean , for example teach a blood or liquid as poor as invisible and later contack sore or wound is not via to hiv. Is that right ?

Thanks so much....

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: general question
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 03:45:22 am »
Please keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline pass99

• Standard
Re: general question
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 03:51:22 am »
Sorry but normally i write to my old topics but i saw the warning as below

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
I

I copied my question to old topic.

Thanks..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:14:04 am by pass99 »

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 04:14:15 am »
Hi everyone,

I know that i m so neurotic and I want to know that to feeling my self better everytime..

1. wiping with alcohol (for example with cologne )  to the instrument ( clippers, tweezers etc.)a few seconds  is completly and totaly enough to kill  hiv viruses. Is that right ?

2. Unless there is no visible liquid like  blood, there is no chance to pass hiv. I mean , for example teach a blood or liquid as poor as invisible and later contack sore or wound is not via to hiv. Is that right ?

Thanks so much....

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:13 am »
We have explained this to you previously.

1. HIV is not transmitted from environmental surfaces. This includes clippers and tweezers. Yes substances like cologne will deactivate HIV.

2. HIV is transmitted inside the body. Small cuts and nicks do not allow the virus to enter, whether blood is present or otherwise.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 08:15:43 am »
I've merged your threads. Please keep all of your postings in this same thread.

You are worrying needlessly about this latest event as Matty has explained to you.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern on your part.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 07:38:20 am »
Hello  I m so sory to write you again but due to my ashamed, Please excuse me..

My question is about pimple. My little daughter has got a small pimple on her dimple. yesterday when a family dinner with some friends , one of friends has got a small cut on his face and stratched and bleed a small amount and he cleaned a few drop water on his glass ! But i didnt sure that totaly cleaned his face from blood . After 10 or 15 seconds later my little daughter ( my heart ) touched with her finger to my friend's cut and said to him " your pimple as same as my pimple" ( like a game ) and touched her pimples . Now i losed my mind. I dont know  her fingers had got blood from my friends face and if yes, i dont know how much but i m sure there was no dripping blood my daughter's finger. Please help me for my daughter , is it possible to get hiv like this ? I dont know my friends state. ( My doughter's pimple wasnt bleeding at that moment, but what is if bleeding ? )

Please forgive me but i m so bad, because she is my everything ( she is 5 years old )

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 07:44:52 am »
Pass,

We've been through this with you. HIV is transmitted inside the human body. Not through scratches, small cuts and pimples, be they in dimples or anywhere else.

This is not a risk situation for HIV.

MtD

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 08:19:53 am »
Dear MtD ;

Firstly thanks so much your rep.

Yes thats right like you say its outside the human body. But i m afraid that there is not so much time between face bleeding and  my doughter' s touch to friend's bleeding sore and her  pimple. It takes only 10 seconds. In this position , can you say that no risk again...

Secondly in generally, is pimples a route for hiv ?

Yours sincerelly..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 08:25:25 am »
No, pimples are not a means of transmission for HIV. And there was absolutely no risk to your daughter in the situation you are now concerned about. We've explained clearly the very few means of transmitting HIV. Essentially it is about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. It's just that simple.

All of the other things you and others worry about are theoretically risky but in the real world of HIV we know they don't actually happen that way.

You need to get on with your life. If you continue to return with these fears about non-risk situations you are going to find yourself getting a 28 day Time Out from the site. Consider yourself warned.

You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline pass99

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 09:29:03 am »
Thanks so much Andy and others...

God bless You

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 10:44:10 am »
You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.