POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631901
  • Total Topics: 47840
  • Online Today: 293
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 196
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Windows 7 (yes... the quest for more money continues)  (Read 1447 times)

Offline randym431

Windows 7 (yes... the quest for more money continues)
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFSvZakzrg

Any other nerdy person besides me trying out the new windows 7 ?
Actually I find it very slick and definitely faster than vista.
I know many are still using xp, or prefer it to vista.
ANyway, windows 7 is a beta or test version so you wouldn’t want to install it as
your main operating system. Its a free download from Microsoft with a key code
good until August 1st. On August 1st it stops working, your cat turns gay, GW Bush
reveals he and Dick Cheney are lovers and always have been, and Obama tells the
world he's really a white guy in makeup. His whole presidency thing wasn’t political, but
simply an experiment by maxfactor to push their new line.
(So much for that...)

For the faunt at heart, you can get the free windows beta here:
(Both 32 and 64 bit)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

You can use one of these keys:
(They are just giving out the same series to everyone, so it doesnt matter which one)

The keys are universal!!!

From the x64 link: (64bit)
JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9
7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

From the x86 link: (32bit)
6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:27:10 AM by randym431 »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
Re: Windows 7 (yes... the quest for more money continues)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »
I'm not daring enough to try the beta Windows 7 but I'm sure I will get it when it comes out. Honestly I like Windows Vista and have not had any problems with it. I love the photo management in Windows Vista. One of my current projects is scanning, editing, tagging and organizing my parents family photos... I've finished over 9400 photos and I've still got a stack of photo albums to do! Windows Vista makes it much easier than Windows XP and I'm hoping Windows 7 will have even more tricks.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:07:51 PM »
I'm not daring enough to try the beta Windows 7 but I'm sure I will get it when it comes out. Honestly I like Windows Vista and have not had any problems with it. I love the photo management in Windows Vista. One of my current projects is scanning, editing, tagging and organizing my parents family photos... I've finished over 9400 photos and I've still got a stack of photo albums to do! Windows Vista makes it much easier than Windows XP and I'm hoping Windows 7 will have even more tricks.

You can get it for FREE when it comes out if you buy a PC after July, 2009, you will be given a FREE Upgrade, if your new PC you bought came with Vista
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »
Hey Randy,

I was curious about it, but I will wait. but I love to mess around with things at times !!  ::)    My XP machine went into the shop just before Christmas, There was a good deal on a desktop, so I bought it. Compaq presario, 320 GB drive and 3 GB ram.

The only drawback is it has Vista on it, Which I am still trying to figure out.( it's not that bad though) I've been going to the computer forums and checking out as much info as I can find, about Windows 7.

Noticed there were 3 Vista updates today, for update Tuesday. Had no problem with those.

Now I have to switch over to the XP machine, and get the updates on that one too ! By the way, The XP machine had another motherboard replaced. Bestbuy, informed me that if this happens again, they will get me a new computer ! This is the third motherboard replacement , since March 3rd of 07.

Thanks for the info-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 6/4/14,  t-cells are at 423, Viral load <40

Current % is at 13% 

62 years young.

Offline poz1970

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »
hey

I want windows 7, it look s pretty nice :-)

I have vista ultimate, and a bit annoyed that the 'ultimate extras' never really materialized :-(

Hope that vista ultimate users can upgrade to 7 ultimate at a cheaper rate!

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »
hey

I want windows 7, it look s pretty nice :-)

I have vista ultimate, and a bit annoyed that the 'ultimate extras' never really materialized :-(

Hope that vista ultimate users can upgrade to 7 ultimate at a cheaper rate!

J

I doubt it, I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, on a New Desktop that's only 2 months old w/ 8GB of System Ram , and IT'S FAST AS HELL.......I might buy Windows 7 if it comes in 64 bit, but, FREE or discount, I really don't think that will happen at all, and if it doesn't, I won't buy it, I just hope that Vista won't be abandon altogether, besides it's only a 2 yr. old OS
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:21:47 PM by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline randym431

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 05:06:05 AM »
Win-7 is pretty snazzy and faster, smoother.
That was one goal they wanted in a new windows os.
Vista wasn’t quite all they hoped it would be.
I like Win7 startup. Four colored stars come floating into view,
and merge to make the windows logo. Kinda like 4 little tinkerbells.
Win7 is also made to better use dual and quad core processors.
And the quick launch is gone. It has an expanded "now running-open"
area where the quick launch once was. But you still can "pin" apps
or programs to that same area for fast access.

When you have several open websites, or programs like word or excel,
and you run the mouse over the bottom "open" bar, a mini view of that
webpage or app is visible, pops up,  so you can see whats what you have running.
And the security UAC user account control, the thing that pops up asking
"are you sure?", "do you want to run?" that people usually find annoying and
turn off, well UAC in Win7 now has levels of security, not just on and off.

Definitely a lot faster than vista. Much more enjoyable to use.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 05:10:37 AM by randym431 »

Offline a2z

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:09:09 AM »
My startups and shutdowns aren't any faster, and IE8 so far is a downgrade.

Everything else is MUCH MUCH better than Vista, and I'm loving it more than XP even.  This is the upgrade we should have had 3 years ago.

Fast as hell too on a 4GB Dual Core system.
Dates are blood draw dates:
09/21/09: CD 898 27.0% VL 120 - back on track, same meds.High level enzymes, but less so
06/15/09: CD4 478 21.8% VL 1150 - high liver enzymes... looks like I may not be resistant
05/22/09: Fixed insurance, resumed medicine
04/17/09: Ran out of medicine, could not resolve insurance problems
04/01/09: CD4 773 28% VL 120 - high liver enzymes
12/01/08: CD4 514 23% VL 630
10/17/08 started Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada. -- possibly minor neuropathy, but otherwise okay.
9/10/08: CD4 345 17%, VL > 78K
8/18/08: CD4 312 18%, VL > 60K (considering meds)
12/19/07: CD4 550 28% VL > 100K (no meds yet)
Diagnosed 10/23/07

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.