Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Panic Attacks

(1/6) > >>

JeffInNYC:
I get em and sometimes pretty bad.  Im in the middle of one now. Usually I take a shot of some brandy to warm me and help relax me.  I dont have any booze in the house so Im taking pharma kava which is an herb in liquid form I get from the health food store.  It hasnt really relaxed me just made me tired.

Then the thoughts race through my head which makes it worse and I dont know what to do to make this pass.

Anyone have any suggestions? Please.

And thru the years Ive been in therapy and taken some meds to help and overall Im considerably improved....but from time to time I get them bad.

I know itll pass eventually but I want it to go away now!

Life:
For anxiety my Id doc px Clonazopam which kicks anxieties butt..   I hardly use it anymore but back when I first was diagnosed anti-anxiety meds saved me from flippin out...  I am still on 10ml Paxil since diagnosis and that keeps me from thinking so much about things (roominating)...

Hope you find your peace..

Love

jkinatl2:
I used to take Klonopin for my panic attacks. Alcohol just makes me anxious when I am in the midst of one, as does the not-legal herb. Never tried Kava though. Seems that regardless, the act of preparing and drinking something can only help.

Are you talking to a professional about what's going on?

JeffInNYC:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on August 03, 2006, 08:36:54 PM ---Are you talking to a professional about what's going on?

--- End quote ---

Lately? No.  Like I said I have considerably improved over the year...but lately, with my mom being ill, thesem panic attacks have resurfaced.  Compared to her, what Im going through is nothing.  And Im sort of ashamed to bitch about it....but I cant help it  I want these sensations to go away so I can sleep this off.

allanq:
I take 0.5 mg Xanax when I start getting anxiety and racing thoughts that I can't stop. It calms me down within about 20 minutes.

There's a danger of Xanax becoming addictive, but I've been using it on an occasional basis for over ten years, and it's been a big help to me.

I also see a therapist twice a month, and that's also done a lot of good.

Edited to add: I think this topic should be in the Living With forum. It's certainly not "casual conversation."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version