POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2015, 04:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 26310
  • Latest: soyloy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 673167
  • Total Topics: 52118
  • Online Today: 199
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: weed? Yeah it sometimes does a body good.  (Read 1168 times)

Offline wolfter

weed? Yeah it sometimes does a body good.
« on: July 08, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »
Been trying to work through the 7 steps of grief again.  I keep bouncing around.  :)  I've been productive again only to avoid too much time to think.  My mind was going angry while maintaining civility. Was thinking how a bowl would be the med to help.  After working on my new front deck today before the rain, was time to put shit away.

The rain started slowly which says put most of your shit away.  Finished my daily goal and the last thing I found was a little baggie I forgot about.  Hell yeah! 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline zach

Re: weed? Yeah it sometimes does a body good.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:42:48 PM »
smoke up greg

and dont hide your stash so deep

hope you're healing man

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »
I dug 6 post holes against the outside wall for a new deck.  Spud bars suck but needed.  Yeah, I'm probably am doing as well or better than most expected.  Great friends and family help.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:54:56 PM »
OH, and I'll try to read through the recent posts and respond accordingly.  (or not and simply laugh)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 12:17:23 AM »
smoke up greg

and dont hide your stash so deep

hope you're healing man

I don't think you can heal this quickly.  After the fucking numbness fades, all the emotions surface.  I keep trying to convince myself that I'm doing OK which I probably am, but others' silly problems don't seem as important.  I hope my bitterness dimenishes soon as I don't like being this bitter towards people because I don't care as much as I once did.

Offline zach

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 10:49:57 PM »
I don't think you can heal this quickly.  After the fucking numbness fades, all the emotions surface.  I keep trying to convince myself that I'm doing OK which I probably am, but others' silly problems don't seem as important.  I hope my bitterness dimenishes soon as I don't like being this bitter towards people because I don't care as much as I once did.

you never fully heal, at least i haven't... but the pain, you learn to carry the burden

the bitterness, yeah, it changed me, i don't tolerate people's petty nonsense like i used to... but i think we've seen that in each other privately, best to keep it there

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 08:31:41 AM »
ZACH...thanks so much.  Being in yet another exclusive club that I never thought I'd belong to causes so much ire and anger. 

I've reached the STFU stage about pretty much everything.  Everything pales in comparison.  Being a very empathetic person, I worry that this paradigm is my new normal. 

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 03:26:43 PM »
Wolf,

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today, and sending you warm wishes. 

that is all  :-*

Heidi
Life is a BANQUET, and most poor suckers are starving to death!

~Auntie Mame

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »
Wolf,

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today, and sending you warm wishes. 

that is all  :-*

Heidi

thanks.  I've just been an angry old bastard of late.  :)  I guess this is what happens when you hit 50 and want to see things change.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »
I won't start another thread since I'll probably receive stern warnings here.  For those of us living a LONG time with this virus, I get so freaking frustrated seeing the ridiculous "am I" questions.  It took a while to figure our why this bothers me so badly.

After 30 years, we should know the answers to the most assinine situations posed in the forum.  This isn't my show so I'll be part of the silent majority.  Obviously not.  :)  It just irks me so badly that people can google sex workers and such yet come here and explicity detail their sexual activities.

I find this so offensive especially when I see these stupid ass questions are always the most recent posts.   Not sure how these people know more terminology than me but any fool knows that rubbing your penis along someone's ass crack isn't cause for concern.  and if you don't know if you were penetrated, then you probably weren't. 

Offline Jeff G

• Global Moderator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
I won't start another thread since I'll probably receive stern warnings here.  For those of us living a LONG time with this virus, I get so freaking frustrated seeing the ridiculous "am I" questions.  It took a while to figure our why this bothers me so badly.

After 30 years, we should know the answers to the most assinine situations posed in the forum.  This isn't my show so I'll be part of the silent majority.  Obviously not.  :)  It just irks me so badly that people can google sex workers and such yet come here and explicity detail their sexual activities.

I find this so offensive especially when I see these stupid ass questions are always the most recent posts.   Not sure how these people know more terminology than me but any fool knows that rubbing your penis along someone's ass crack isn't cause for concern.  and if you don't know if you were penetrated, then you probably weren't. 

And yet you ended up living with the virus yourself  ;) . I knew was at risk but didnít have protected sex myself so I cut others a little slack for not knowing all the facts Ö even after 30 years .

Offline Jody

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 01:00:04 PM »
Hugs to you dear Greg...Will we still be seeing you in Memphis in less than 2 weeks?  Looking forward to that.

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline mitch777

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »
When I first read the title I thought you would be referring to this:
http://www.newser.com/story/209947/marijuana-helps-heal-broken-bones.html

Take it for what it's worth I guess.

Sorry you are in a bad place. At least you won't need to dig holes in Memphis to distract you. :)

As far as the newbies go, many are frantic being newly diagnosed. Their Google search brought them here and while posting their questions before reading further may seem like a no-brainer to you it is not to them. Frantic people sometimes just don't think rationally. Stressed people don't always think so rational either. I am a prime example.

hugs.
32 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 10:11:19 PM »
I apologize for my behavior and actions.   And yeah, I'm angry.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 10:15:23 PM »
And yet you ended up living with the virus yourself  ;) . I knew was at risk but didnít have protected sex myself so I cut others a little slack for not knowing all the facts Ö even after 30 years .

Why the need to bait while I'm suffering a tragic loss is beyond me, 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »

I don't understand why you need to  degrogate during such a horrific time,  But it's OK

Offline wolfter

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »

Perhaps give me a little slack?  I ended up with a virus before we knew there was something "wrong".  I thought you got the ole virus during the same time period?

Offline Almost2late

• Life goes on
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 01:30:58 AM »
Hey wolf,

I know what you mean about the silly and sometimes stupid questions, use to annoy me too.. but I think if I were as paranoid 15 years back and knew about these forums, I may have dodged the virus with help of the moderators answering some stupid questions of my own.. but that wasn't meant to be..

You've been through a lot, more than I could possibly imagine.. wishing a better day for you.. peace

Offline Jeff G

• Global Moderator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 08:37:23 AM »
Why the need to bait while I'm suffering a tragic loss is beyond me, 

Im not baiting you and I am sorry you see it as so ... it was not my attention, I was only replying to what you wrote. I was infected over 30 years ago but I did know that gay men were dying of this virus and knew I was at risk but like many of the people in AM I and some of our new members I didn't think it would happen to me until it did.

This is not intended to upset you ... I thought you wanted comments or you would not have posted some of your own.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2015 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.