Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Alabama Votes Next Week

(1/1)

david25luvit:
New to the Alabama politcal scene...I was watching local news and Alabama is voting on
Same Sex marriage amendment next week.  Not that I'm bringing up that debate again
but it was nice to see a middle age woman suggesting gays should have the same rights
afforded them that straight people do...No Biggie.  Just nice to see on a southern TV station.

I've got to get registered to vote over here......ASAP

AlanBama:
Yes David, and Judge Roy "Ten Commandments" Moore and incumbent Governor Bob Riley have both vowed to fight for the 'sanctity of marriage'....
PU-LEASE.   If they really wanted to preserve and protect the institute of marriage, they would do something about the divorce rate, and put in place some type of pre-marital counseling for couples.   It's just another of these right wing talking points...preserving the sanctity of marriage, assuring the right to life of EVERYONE...blah blah blah

I'll bet you anything the fool voters in this state will elect Roy Moore.   The first item on his agenda will probably be to round up all the homos....

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oceanbeach:
Is Senator Jeff Sessions up for re-election?  He would be one of the legislators voting on the Ryan White Reauthorization.  His views on that subject would be interesting.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

AlanBama:
I believe Sessions is not up for re-election until 2008.

I have never received a favorable response to any correspondence I have ever had with him.   He is basically anti-gay.

Oceanbeach:
That makes him a threat to us in terms of practically every right and available care and service.  Another scary Congressman who is not running for re-election is Congressman William H. Thomas, Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.  The Honorable William H. Thomas is retiring.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version