POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 03:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620624
  • Total Topics: 46760
  • Online Today: 197
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 169
Total: 176

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I felt Joy today.  (Read 1332 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
I felt Joy today.
« on: December 27, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »
Just wanted to share something.

Today I skied from the top of Switzerland down into Italy, in brilliant sunshine, on perfect snow, with a good friend and good food in Italy and new tunes on my mp3.  It's the first time I felt true joy since 1) my breakup with my bf in 2007 and 2) my seroconversion this summer.  I was laughing and smiling all day.

I'm crying writing this because it was so f*cking hard to find that joy again.

I'm glad for this forum cause I read the sad stuff and the angry stuff and sometimes the good stuff, so I thought I would share some of the good stuff, today.

Happy New Years to all.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: I felt Joy today.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »
Sounds like a picture perfect way to help close out 2008 -- and allow you to look toward 2009 and better times.

Happy New Year to you!

Mike
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2013 691/31% <20

Offline RicardoC

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »

I'm crying writing this because it was so f*cking hard to find that joy again.

Make sure you always remember that feeling because it would make you strive for more. As time pass by, you will eventually forgot your ex. Keep your self busy and keep yourself surrounded by friends.

When I broke up with my BF of almost 6 years, it was extremely hard for me because I had no one to vent not even a friend. I couldn't even afford a trip like yours. But, after 8 years with my current relationship you made me realize how hard it was to get that joy you felt. So, congratulation for actually reaching that beautiful feeling of feeling joy and happiness.

God bless.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »
What an awesome feeling it must have been, in a beautiful place, using your body to navigate the planet, and listening to music besides all that!

I'm glad you had such a great day  :)

Offline tag_man08

• Keep Dreaming!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 03:23:10 AM »
Good deal....i'm happy that you can smile and laugh again.....(its a good sign that you are your old self again)....thats part of moving on....and sounds like you did today....
08/30/07:  The HIV diagnosis...
09/07/07:  CD4 299 (21%)  VL 160K
01/07/08:  CD4 396 (26%)  VL 125K
04/21/08:  CD4 478 (25%)  VL 92K
09/03/08:  CD4 313 (23%)  VL 10K
11/03/08:  CD4 338 (23%)  VL 30K
11/21/08:  Isentress & Truvada
12/05/08:  CD4 485 (29%)  VL  undetectable in two weeks
03/13/09:  CD4 575 (30%)  VL  undetectable

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »

Wow thanks for sharing, sounds like you really had a great time.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »
I got cold chills reading about your joyous adventure. I am so glad you shared it with us. May you look forward to many more special moments in the years to come.

Jenny
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »
Thanks y' all, for being so nice and caring!

I had another three great days. Yesterday was startling, because everywhere I went, it all clicked. Like when you drive late at night, and all the red lights change for you without even slowing down, because the advanced traffic signalling knows you are coming and there's no reason not to accomodate you! 

The weather was strange, but it always worked in my favour and had many slopes all to myself all day.  For instance, arrived half way down a trail, in a valley I didn't know and suddenly there was a trail closed sign. I didn't have the heart to climb maybe a kilometer back up the mountain. I skied down further and the lift was closed and not a person in sight.  Then two french guys arrived and said, follow us. They knew a way down through the woods.  We came out at the bottom of another mountain and there was no one but the lift was working. At the top it was deserted. I asked and they said the mountain had just opened because it was closed all morning for wind. He said, "well, it all yours, enjoy!" Cause hardly anyone bothered to come, since they all had given up!

Now, if only I could meet a fresh, exciting romantic interest!

Have a Happy New Year.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »
I think we forget all to often that we are all entitled to joy  once and and a while!
Thanks for sharing, I'm sure you were grateful for that moment!
Positive since 1985

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.