HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Im only 16, I cant have this.

(1/1)

tyler92:
Ok, so last night I got a text message that was a rude awakening. A person who I will refer to as "R" texted me. He said that his friend just got HIV and he might have it now too so I should get checked. I guess I was the nieve one all along and just figured it would never happen to me. Well now I need to get checked as I might have it. Im scared, actually im terryfied. Im only 16 and I just cant have this, not now.  Im going to the city for x-mas and I am going to the hiv foundation to get help and get tested. I guess till then I play the waiting game. Monday is when the center opens and thats when I will go. I decided im not telling my parents till after I found out if im poz or not. I guess this will also be a double whammy becuase I will have to tell them I got a hiv from a guy. So I also will get to come out. I figured if I am poz I will tell them. At first I wasnt going too but then I realized they cant hate me for being sick. They wouldnt hate me if I had cancer so why should they hate me if I hiv. I just joined this site and I need somefeed back and support on what to do. :( ???

Ann:
Tyler,

Unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, then you most likely have not been at risk for hiv.

If you HAVE been having unprotected intercourse, then you need to test at three months after the last incident for a conclusive result.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version