HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Condom Use...but...

(1/12) > >>

echo419:
I had unprotected vaginal sex with a girl I had known for about a month, then about a week and a half later, a friend said that the girl was a bit "nuts and needy" and had claimed to one of his friends that she had AIDS.

I was concerned because she had already admitted that she had genital warts before (I didn't care because my ex had them, and I likely did too since it' transmits easily) but she had a made a big deal out of it, saying how no one wanted her because she had that STD. Suddenly, I thought she had not been fully truthful about what she had...

So I asked her if she had HIV, she said no. I asked her if she would get tested with me, and she agreed to. So the next day, I took her to planned parenthood and we both got tested with OraQuickAdvance tests. We were both negative...as far as I know. My test was meaningless for my exposure to her though, since it was only a week and a half after our unprotected sex. Though it does rule out infection from previous partners.

We tested at planned parenthood, and did anonamous results. They said we could not see each others test results directly, only our own, but we could request photocopies of our results, which we both did, and both forms were "Negative" for HIV. And the numbers and info on the forms was indeed correct. I was so suspicious that I even took note of the fact that the "Negative" checkmark was written in a darker, thicker ink than the other markings, indicating it was checked off later, obviously after getting the negative result, or at least I told myself so...

However, I don't trust her on this fully.....I know alot of people don't disclose HIV infection to partners, and if she thought she was going to be exposed by a test, there would be no limit to what she would say or do to prevent that....and I'm not sure if I trust the testers either. If she was already positive, all she would of had to do is say she wanted a fake test result, and said she feared domestic violence or something, and they would of done it for her, right? In the name of confidentiality?

I wouldn't worrry, but I heared what I hope is an urban legend about confidentiality, where a man tested positive for HIV, asked the tech to be there when he told his pregnant wife the bad news, but the guy said he was negative right in front of the tech, and the tech said nothing because of confidentiality. It sounds like an urban legend to me though..

About 5 weeks after our encouter, I started thinking I might have thrush, and waking up with a couple of tiny white things on my lips, and a coated tounge, ect. When I did that "Spit in a bottle and see if stuff grows" thrush test, stuff growed...so I think I have thrush. While I have not had a fever, just a mild headache a few times, and no rash, diarreah, or other HIV ARS symptoms (And I know fever is almost always present), I am concerned about the potential of thrush. While I have had no white spots that bleed or anything that looks like pictures of thrush, I think I may just have a mild case, and I am otherwise healthy and not on antibiotics or anything.

I generally consider myself a rational person, so this is very disturbing to me, being so suspicious, and actually afraid to get tested again...

AIDS2HIV:

--- Quote from: echo419 on August 01, 2006, 09:32:28 PM ---About 5 weeks after our encouter, I started thinking I might have thrush...
--- End quote ---

THATS your whole problem .....YOUR THINKING*            Go talk to a counselor,address the real issues you have, its not HIV

one in a million:
True, I bet it is difficult to trust somebody fully who is willing to go and take a test with you because you are worried she has hiv. Sounds fishy. I wonder if she had been there before and whited out the positive and switced it to a negative, or maybe her dad works there and changed the the results! You never know! 

Matty the Damned:
True, I bet it is difficult to trust somebody fully who is willing to go and take a test with you because you are worried she has hiv. Sounds fishy. I wonder if she had been there before and whited out the positive and switced it to a negative, or maybe her dad works there and changed the the results! You never know!

Million,

This is really silly advice to give in a forum like this. If you don't have anything sensible to offer then you should stay quiet. Not to mention that you should stay in your own thread.

MtD
(Who honestly wonders)

jkinatl2:
One in a million, if you are being sarcastic this really isn't the place.

Insofar as the origial poster, confidentiality laws do not mean someone gets a fake negative test. As a matter of fact, HIV is a reportable disease in many places. Most, actually. You guys went to get tested together, and were both negative.

To consent to unprotected penetrative sex, as Ann eloquently states, is to consent to the possibility of contracting a sexually transmitted illness. If you were not certain of her status, and yours, then you absolutely should not have had unprotected sex. Period.

It would appear that your relationship with this girl is over. At least I hope it is, since you are listening to your friends' comments about your partner being "nuts and seedy."

While it is not absolutely certain that either or both of you were not in the brief window period before seroconverting, it's probably at least ninety percent or better odds that your tests were both accurate.

Perhaps in the future, when you decide to engage in a monogamous relationship, you can go in together, get a baseline HIv test, then continue to use condoms for three months before getting your confirmation. After that, you will have as clear a portrait of your partner's HIV status as your trust will allow.

regardless, your fantasies about the clinic conspiring to infect you are just that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version