Main Forums > Living With HIV

Single female 53 positive

<< < (4/4)

Teresa:

--- Quote from: RONNIE on August 02, 2006, 09:34:39 PM ---So do I tell everyone that I have tested poz, for THEM to get tested or just be celibate, cut myself off from those I knew and let them take their chances?

--- End quote ---

Ronnie,

If it was me, I would want anyone that I had unprotected sex with to be notified that they need to be tested.

I'm not sure how they go about notifying people, but surely there is a way that they do it without reveling your status to anyone.
I'm sure that someone here can give your more advice on that.

You hang in there hon. You are going to be fine. When things start to get too over whelming for ya...just take a few deep breaths.

Just remember that we are all here for you!

Hugs
Teresa

zephyr:
Hi Ronnie,

You are welcome! As you can see, our Forum Family is here for you, for whatever you need.

I would say that honesty is the best policy when discussing your situation with your physician, but I do not believe it's necessary to go 'over-board' when revealing the scenes of the past: the issue now is that you have become infected with the virus, and where do you go from here with that?

Being consistent with your labs and reviewing indicated trends with your viral load (VL), your CD4's (Fighter Cells) and CD8's (The General's) is the best action; educating yourself about the virus is your absolute best defense!

As for disclosure and encouraging people you know to get tested, these are topics all of us deal with in our own time. Only you can say if you are ready for those conversations. Perhaps some time spent with us here in the Living With forum may help you to come to these decisions.

For the time being, I would suggest being easy on yourself, let all of this sink in, and most of all, treat yourself kindly.

Go easy, lady.

My best,

Zephyr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version