POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 12:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 635763
  • Total Topics: 48233
  • Online Today: 176
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Campbell , Missouri Police Chief see's no problem with KKK , I am ashamed !  (Read 1482 times)

Offline weasel

Now I have seen it ALL

The police Chief of Campbell , Missouri ," Peach Capital " of the U.S.A. !

Found that even thou hundreds complained that " KKK " outfits  allowed

in a rescent PARADE , were a disgrace to Campbell  ,

The POLICE CHIEF  said it was all in fun .

The Family was enterviewed , and saw NO reason for any bad feelings !

" The family says it is just a fun time of the year " 

THE WHOLE FAMILY DRESSED AS IMPERIAL WIZARDS  :o

This was a Halloween  PARADE !

Missouri is STUCK  in the 1950's !

very embarrassing !

I am ashamed for all involved , I feel this is a HATE CRIME !

I am so PROUD  fully HALF OF MISSOURI VOTED FOR  OBAMA

So there is hope for this God forsaken place .

karl
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:59:42 AM by weasel »
" Live and let Live "

Offline Oceanbeach

Hey Karl,

Being a native Californian, I have no personal knowledge of the KKK, I have seen pictures and read stories in magazines.  There was a house in West Hollywood during the Halloween ceremonies which had been decorated with a hanging effigy of Gov. Palin and Sen. McCain in the chimney, surrounded by flames.  This pissed off enough people to get on the news but Halloween is like a national holiday in WEHO and a time of costume and celebration everywhere.

I dressed once as a 'horney little devil" with a big red dildo hanging out of my zipper once.  Another year, I made a little table off my shoulders with a little 12 volt lamp and an alarm clock.  I was "a 1 night stand" and won best costume both years and got $100 bar tabs.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline dixieman

Well you have to take it for what it is... a Halloween parade... not in good taste and yes I find it offensive... but, I've witnessed worse at gay pride parades, in Atlanta, San Francisco and Decadence in New Orleans... You have to remember whether anyone likes it or not... if you stop others from displaying their poor judgement and regulating their right to freedom of expressions and speech then you embark on your own right. So put in perspective... at a Halloween parade one can dress as Satan but, if someone dresses as a Klansman who else I consider just as evil its someones right to do so... Offensive yes... Illegal No...

Offline Oceanbeach

Speaking of offensive at Gay Pride parades, one year in Long Beach... Club OZ of Orange County had a limo in our parade.  There was two guys following the car with a banner.  The car was not considered offensive, the banner was not considered offensive but, the two guys were leather chaps and their bare asses were exposed to everyone, including children.  That entry was ordered out of the parade within 2 blocks of the starting point.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline skeebo1969

I have to wonder if the family was making some kind of statement in regards to the elections.  It is surprising what some people will do in the safety of their own.  I would have liked to see the same family try and pull this off where I live.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.

And then there's this fuck nut talk show host... After the election on Tuesday in this area.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/11/6/400413.html

You tube video ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGwlAI52cE

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 6/4/14,  t-cells are at 423, Viral load <40

Current % is at 13% 

62 years young.

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
Well you have to take it for what it is... a Halloween parade... not in good taste and yes I find it offensive... but, I've witnessed worse at gay pride parades, in Atlanta, San Francisco and Decadence in New Orleans... You have to remember whether anyone likes it or not... if you stop others from displaying their poor judgement and regulating their right to freedom of expressions and speech then you embark on your own right. So put in perspective... at a Halloween parade one can dress as Satan but, if someone dresses as a Klansman who else I consider just as evil its someones right to do so... Offensive yes... Illegal No...

Who said it was "illegal"?  Karl was right -- it was completely repulsive, and the police chief's "all in fun" plus your "take it for what it is.. a Halloween parade," makes me furious.

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of people in these forums making excuses for racist symbols.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.

O RLY?  Do tell...what exactly would qualify as "worse" at a Pride parade or Decadence?  Something involving nudity or sexuality trumps a symbol of racial hatred, a costume that invokes fear, humiliation and intimidation?  Do tell.

And do tell us more about your righteous indignation over the carry on at Decadence...this festival that you doubtlessly just stumbled upon unawares.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
I saw a REAL Imperial Wizard's robe and hood at the Civil Rights Institute in Birmingham, one of their exhibits.  It was bone-chilling.

I think more of us need to start calling people on their racism and bigotry, else we'll never put an end to it.    When I think of the people who are making BIG BUCKS by spreading hatred (talk show hosts, "ministers" (and I use that term lightly) )....it literally makes me ill.    We need to communicate our distaste to the sponsors of these talk shows, and we need to call for revocation of tax-exempt status of 'churches' and other non-profit organizations that espouse hate.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.