POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 05:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23060
  • Latest: Creme
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632125
  • Total Topics: 47863
  • Online Today: 257
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: CLOCK falls BACK , NOVEMEBER 2nd !,one week LATE !  (Read 1283 times)

Offline weasel

CLOCK falls BACK , NOVEMEBER 2nd !,one week LATE !
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:54:40 AM »
Well they found another way to get VOTERS to stay away !

They could have WAITED ANOTHER WEEK OR MORE  ::)

I see NO reason to change the DAY the times changes back .

OTHER THAN IT WILL BE DARK FOR MANY AFTER WORK ON VOTING DAY !

I know many oldsters that will go straight home ,because they dislike being out after dark !

just another way to keep voters at bay !

Just saying ,

Karl

p.s : I MAY have Miss heard ,but I swear the local news said LATE  :)                                             
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:14:49 PM by weasel »
" Live and let Live "

Offline Basquo

Re: CLOCK falls BACK , NOVEMEBER 2nd !,one week early !
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:28:56 PM »
You didn't hear that come out of Sarah Palin's mouth, did you? :D

Because actually it's a week late, not a week early. It used to be the Sunday before Hallowe'en; now it's the Sunday after.  I remember this because as a child, I knew that it would suddenly start getting dark early right before Hallowe'en, so we'd get that extra dark time to trick-or-treat.  As an adult, it meant that if we went out to a bar Saturday before Hallowe'en, we'd get to drink an extra hour because at 2am the clock would roll back to 1am.

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:13:30 PM »
Well they found another way to get VOTERS to stay away !
then what do you think the reasoning was for changing the day it started this year?

This change was implemented in the Energy Policy Act of 2005, so I don't think the reasoning had anything to do with voting - especially since this change is later than normal. We would have been voting in the dark (if you go late in the day) regardless of whether we had the extra month of DST this year or not.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 04:11:31 PM »
We in Arizona think that the manipulation of the clock is somehow an attempt to become a bit Godlike, therefore, as the rest of you manipulate the clock, we will simply switch from Pacific to Mountain time.  Our clocks never change, which somehow seems a bit more natural.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline blondbeauty

Re: CLOCK falls BACK , NOVEMEBER 2nd !,one week LATE !
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
My newphew was crying because he was hungry and his mother would not feed him yesterday till one hour later to adjust his lunch schedule. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to argue with her...but she is not very reasonable for a 5 month old baby.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline HIV+Me

• HIV + Me
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
Actually the extra hour has nothing on November 2 has nothing to do with Daylight Savings Time.  It was decided that since it'll be my birthday, it gives everyone an extra hour to do last minute gift shopping.

Chris

Offline fearless

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »
We leapt forward into spring at the beginning of October and will not fall back again till the end of March.

boing...
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 05:34:05 AM »

Enjoyed that extra hour tonight. Almost as though it never happened.  :P  But I will realise the change, when I drive home from work Monday morning at 7:00AM. Sun should be blinding me on my way home.   8)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 6/4/14,  t-cells are at 423, Viral load <40

Current % is at 13% 

62 years young.

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 08:22:59 AM »
We in Arizona think that the manipulation of the clock is somehow an attempt to become a bit Godlike, therefore, as the rest of you manipulate the clock, we will simply switch from Pacific to Mountain time.  Our clocks never change, which somehow seems a bit more natural.

I would suggest during the summers here in Arizona we set the clocks ahead two or three hours.  So when the stores and businesses open it would still be relatively cool out...and then sun would set "earlier" in the day.  That way one can get out and about comfortably and avoid the 300-400 degree heat  ;D

Gary  -  Tucson
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.