POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 02:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 649770
  • Total Topics: 49592
  • Online Today: 284
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What Some of the Vietnam Vets Think of McCain  (Read 1525 times)

Offline emeraldize

What Some of the Vietnam Vets Think of McCain
« on: October 31, 2008, 03:11:23 PM »
I wish I'd known about this earlier. Not sure if it's ever been posted here, but I would have used it against any incoming e-salvos from Republicans trying to change my mind in recent months. The variety of information within videos is very educational and damning. It's amazing to me this political powder keg was never fully ignited.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstmccain.com/

Offline skeebo1969

Re: What Some of the Vietnam Vets Think of McCain
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for sharing this EM.  I cannot for the life of me see how he could possibly find it in his heart to address Mrs. Alfond that way, especially with his own experience.  He treated his own captors with more respect...  Sheeesh.

This has reaffirmed my thoughts that he is just another thoughtless prick just like his boy Bush..

Just... dayum! 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
You're welcome. I was floored! Absolutely floored. It shows his volatility, his arrogance and that site is just loaded with reasons that he shouldn't even be in government, period!

Offline dixieman

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »
Thank you for sharing this information. Very enlightening...

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »
Thank you for sharing this Ms. Em.  As a voter, and as an honorably discharged veteran in 1974, I did watch the debates in full, giving the McCain/Palin the benefit of the doubt on many issues.  They had their opportunity to win my vote and failed at every step.

Another Forum member in a different thread discussed how John McCain was shot down in Vietnam.  He disobeyed orders and left formation.

Out of curiosity, I googled Mrs. McCain to find what beer company her family is associated with, found out it is Budweiser but more importantly, she claims to be an only child but has 2 siblings. Then again, I have also followed some of the press on Sarah Palin and I want to know... How many double wides can fit next to the White House.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(who wonders if Obama had a pregnant teenage daughter, would he have been nominated?)

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 06:22:25 AM »
Michael,
What is even more interesting about Mrs. McCain is her period of adult drug addiction, how she procured her drugs illegally through a nonprofit, how the prescribing doc lost his license, and how she managed to "rehab" in one week rather than the standard 30 days most other folks follow.

That this topic didn't get a lot of attention is indicative of the level of class the Obama campaign has exhibited. When it comes to taking the high road, I see the Obama campaign as having been on it, for the most part, as consistently as any modern day candidate's run could possibly be.
Em

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 07:42:22 AM »
Michael,
What is even more interesting about Mrs. McCain is her period of adult drug addiction, how she procured her drugs illegally through a nonprofit, how the prescribing doc lost his license, and how she managed to "rehab" in one week rather than the standard 30 days most other folks follow.

That this topic didn't get a lot of attention is indicative of the level of class the Obama campaign has exhibited. When it comes to taking the high road, I see the Obama campaign as having been on it, for the most part, as consistently as any modern day candidate's run could possibly be.
Em

Great point EM, did you hear his stance about the rumors on Palin?  When it came out that her 5 month old was possibly her daughters and not hers, he said that if he found out that it was someone from his own camp they would be immediately fired.  He is not taking any part in a slanderous campaign and that things like this have no place in politics.   I really admire this man...  Palin should too..  It almost gives me visions of Mrs. Palin disguised as red ridinghood at the polls placing her vote for Obama.  LOL...  While she does seem that ditzy I know it ain't gonna happen.  The thought is funny though.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 10:39:28 AM »
I watched every night of both conventions and all the debates.  I fell in love with Michele Obama during the first night of the DNC.  She is one classy lady, I believe she will go down in history as being a First Lady such as Jackie Kennedy and Dolly Madison.

Another personal observation from the news page on my computer is how often Gov. Palin tales pot shots at her running mates opponent, not her own and he barely seems to acknowledge her.  Now she is looking at 2012 and/or possibly a career in show business.  By Wednesday, she will have outlived her usefulness to SNL and the open ethics charges in Alaska where is is so cold outside, her teeth chatter on the nightstand.

Here in California, we have a lot of serious issues to decide on Tuesday:

Prop 1 A high-speed train to connect San Francisco, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego.  @1/2 hours from SF to LA with a ticket price of $50.00

Prop 2 Standards for confining farm animals.

Prop 3 Bonds for Children's hospitals

Prop 4 Waiting period and parental notification of minor's pregnancy

Prop 5 Non-violent drug offences, sentencing, parole and rehab

Prop 6 Police and law enforcement funding

Prop 7 Renewable energy generation

Prop 8 Same sex couples to marry

Prop 9 Criminal justice, victims rights, parole

Prop 10 Alternative fuel vehicles, renewable energy

Prop 11 Redistricting

Prop 12 Veterans Bond Act

Locally, we have a close race for 5th District Supervisor, a train from Santa Rosa to San Francisco and a few others.  So many decisions, opinions and reading to do.  Gov. Palin started out being a bit of comic relief, second to Dan Quayle, I'm tired of her and she needs to go back to Alaska and shoot some defenseless animal.  Ban some books in the public library.  The jokes have been writing themselves but they are just not funny anymore.  ;D  Oops, I forgot the point I was going to make.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.