POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 08:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23344
  • Latest: TML1991
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636602
  • Total Topics: 48317
  • Online Today: 195
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Alcohol/drug assessment  (Read 829 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Alcohol/drug assessment
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:47:28 PM »
I spent a lovely 2 hours in DAAC this morning for Drug and Alcohol assessment.  The bench warrant from the Hawaii courts will not go away after 17 years, even though I found out about it this year and believed it was resolved in 1991.

The Drivers Ed in Honolulu does not have the ability to close out the case unless, I attend an assessment interview (which was done locally).  When the report is finished and faxed to Drivers ED in Honolulu, all that is left to do is get the Public Defender to go to court on my behalf, I don't need to be there and the Public Defender said he could get the bench warrant dropped by Christmas.

DAAC waived their fee which is normally $150 to $375, partly because of my AIDS Disability and mostly because of my time in the Funding Allocation Working Group and the Sonoma County Commission on AIDS.  I had advocated a working budget for DAAC because they serve many dual diagnosis clients but since we lost or Title I budget, there was no funding for this organization.

All I have left to do now is fax some documents to the Public Defender and not get busted for driving on a suspended license for a couple more months.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Longislander

Re: Alcohol/drug assessment
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
What a headache this crap has been Michael~

I hope you passed the assessment..... ;)

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »
What a headache this crap has been Michael~

I hope you passed the assessment..... ;)

Paul

I'm sure I did Paul, my last DUI was in 1991 (there was another 20 years ago) and I have been to many parties where alcohol was served since then.  During the Funding Allocation Working Group, we were aware of the need for Title I funds for dual diagnosis folks (Alcohol/drug & HIV), Sonoma County lost our Title I status and all funding for DAAC was lost in the process.  The powers that be at DAAC were aware of my web site and the 160,000 letters to Congress on HIV funding which resulted from that site, the report will show, I have had much access to both alcohol and drugs, like to party but have no real problems.  If I may use a pastry metaphor... "piece of cake"  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »
The Drug Abuse Alternative Center completed my Alcohol Assessment and Recommendations today.  It has been clarified and recorded in the document that I do not have a drug or alcohol problem and there are no recommendations for treatment.

I pick up the report tomorrow, fax it to the State of Hawaii drivers license office and the Public Defenders Office and those 17 year old charges will be dropped, while my California Drivers License can be restored.  The assessment took a couple of months because the staff needed to work with their clients who have an actual problem.  They worked on my report in their free time and I am ever so grateful for their help.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.