HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Okay it is possible!!

(1/5) > >>

Mandy81:
http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=6&m=500254

This is a link to a guy who tested negative at 3 months and the pos at 5.5 months!!  I tested what I thought was conclusivly at 15 weeks, now this has me in a panic, and I feel I might need a 6 month!!!!

Matty the Damned:
Yeah Mandy,

This is anecdotal evidence. "A friend of mine . . . . blah blah blah". I don't believe it and neither should you.

MtD

RapidRod:
I agree with Matty, but if you want to test out to six months, go right ahead.

Mandy81:
So are you guys still going with 12/13 weeks as VERY VERY close to 100% or what??  I mean I thought the only people who tested + after 13 weeks would be IV users, chemo patients, and tranplants patients.  And even that I thought was rare!!  What the hell!!  Now I am stressed AGAIN!!

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote from: Mandy81 on May 31, 2006, 09:09:28 PM ---So are you guys still going with 12/13 weeks as VERY VERY close to 100% or what??  I mean I thought the only people who tested + after 13 weeks would be IV users, chemo patients, and tranplants patients.  And even that I thought was rare!!  What the hell!!  Now I am stressed AGAIN!!

--- End quote ---

See Mandy? This is why we tell you not to go surfing the net for info. You get misinformation and end up all freaked out for no reason at all.

The link you provided presents NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to prove that a person did test positive at 5.5 months after testing negative at 3. It's just internet blah of no significance at all. Nothing there would change the mind of any expert here. 12/13 weeks is still the standard for almost everyone except those very rare cases of IV drug users and people under going immunosuppressive therapy.

MtD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version