HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Irritated skin in anus area

(1/1)

teresadelta:
Dear Expert,
short question.
I had my anus being licked for a brief time, less than 10 seconds.
What make me worry is, later I found that the skin around my anus was irritated.
This is because I sometimes scratch my anus area when it was itchy.
No open sore, no bleeding, just a bit itchy and bit painful because of the skin irritation around my anus area.
Was it a risk for HIV transmission? Should I go for test?
I heard that HIV can be transmited thorugh anus membrane?

Thanks
Teresa

RapidRod:
You won't get HIV from being rimmed. Go visit your doctor and see if you have hemorrhoids or some other condition.

Ann:
Teresa,

You didn't have a risk because saliva is not infectious. Please read through the Welcome Thread so you can learn more about what is and isn't a risk for hiv transmission.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can make sure your fella is using them properly. While you're on either of those pages, have a look through the bottom three links in the left-hand column. They discuss ways that you, as a woman, can protect yourself. I recommend the female condom as they are also excellent barriers against hiv infection, and importantly, they give YOU the control over condom use. They can even be put in place in advance so you're not fumbling around at the crucial moment. They're fiddly to use at first, but if you can put a tampon in, you can use these. It gets easier with practice. Give them a try.

Make sure condoms are being used for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version